"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

We're going November 14-21 so I'm excited to hear there will be some holiday offerings. Yes, no castle lights is disappointing, but we're all going to be okay!
Also, I really think they'll have to extend hours with the projections, so I'm very excited about that!

Those are my dates, too. I honestly cannot wait!

No Christmas party, no snow, no Castle Lights, no Gingerbread houses at resorts....at what point does this not become about COVID and limiting crowds and about Disney becoming extremely cheap in everything that they do. Yes, precautions need to be taken, but its starting not to be about precautions. It's Disney beginning to use this as an excuse to cut every dollar imaginable. Its so sad....I love this place like home and it's turning into a penny pinching monster.

No Christmas party, no snow, no Castle Lights, no Gingerbread houses at resorts....at what point does this not become about COVID and limiting crowds and about Disney becoming extremely cheap in everything that they do. Yes, precautions need to be taken, but its starting not to be about precautions. It's Disney beginning to use this as an excuse to cut every dollar imaginable. Its so sad....I love this place like home and it's turning into a penny pinching monster.
"Turning into"? This has been the case since Chapek, the cuts to the season's offerings are mostly about safety and yes, part about saving money, all of it was expected

"Turning into"? This has been the case since Chapek, the cuts to the season's offerings are mostly about safety and yes, part about saving money, all of it was expected
I think its much more than safety...limiting capacity...masks...social distancing...yes all safety.
Everything else that is being implemented....cutting costs....what frustrates me is they're making these cuts in the name of safety, which is not the case for a large majority of things.

I think its much more than safety...limiting capacity...masks...social distancing...yes all safety.
Everything else that is being implemented....cutting costs....what frustrates me is they're making these cuts in the name of safety, which is not the case for a large majority of things.
I see you opened a thread on this, so please take this discussion there, this thread will remain about the holiday offerings

I am rather excited for the holiday character meal and the holiday food booths in Epcot. While I am disappointed about the gingerbread house being gone, I am glad the resorts are still getting decked out. I am bummed that the lights won't happen on the castle but at least they are still doing something to it to make it festive.

I've also never been during the holidays so, if I want the full experience (which I will), it just means I need to plan to go again! Gee darn.

I may be in the minority here, but I got teary with joy reading that. I will miss the gingerbread houses, the party and the Candlelight Processional, BUT the rest of it sounds amazing.
I got teary too! It sounds lovely. I am also sad about the gingerbread houses and no castle lights but otherwise, I'm pretty excited :D

This will be the first time I've been in December, and we would not have paid to go to MVMCP anyway. I'm super excited that they will still have holiday stuff, even if it's not what they usually have. It's still going to be awesome.
YES! Same here! Never been during the holidays and I think since we've never experienced it and knowing Covid affects many options, our expectations are pretty low.

Hi All! Do you think all of the decorations at the parks will be down on the 30th (or rather the 31st? ) Planning to be there on the third-understand the castle light show and special cavalcades, etc might be gone but the decorations too?

I don't know, I think once it is deemed safe it will be quite a draw for Disney to bring back the traditional holiday offerings like the lights, parties, etc.

I'm actually happy with the things they've announced so far!

"Guests will be invited to step inside World ShowPlace to enjoy the returning group, JOYFUL!, who present a journey through R&B, Gospel, contemporary and traditional Christmas and holiday music. Also, the Voices of Liberty will bring their incredible 8-part harmonies to the America Gardens Theatre stage for a special concert of favorite carols and songs of the season."

Some entertainment coming back to the parks!

Are the resorts open to outside guests yet (those not staying there) and if not, I wonder if they will open them up to tour the decorations and trees during the holidays?

I'm really excited about what they are doing for the holidays. Sure there are some things I wish would be be happening but given everything that's happened this year, I'll take it!

If someone doesn't think it's worth the money just don't go. It's pretty simple.

I can't figure out how the snow creates such a hazard.

You still need a good 30 minutes or so after sunset for it to get dark. I would think projections would look washed out at sunset. If the plan is to have a carousel of different projections, it doesn't give a lot of time for people to see them.
In addition, this would most likely cause people to gather on main street to get photos and take in the different projections. I'm betting they'll extend the hours.

That’s what I’m worried about... they have seemed to move more and more towards projections in recent years. Hopefully, it’s not replacing the lights forever.
I watched a vlogger yesterday evening that said all the lights have to be fire protected each year which is very expensive. Not to mention the man power to hang them ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!