"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

We loved Christmas last year other than the crowds...alas, we're postponing from November until late January now. Just not worth the cross country trip with the reductions. Let's hope January will be better or we'll have to wave off a bit more.

This must be the year for people from MN to take their first trips at Christmas. We go to Disney every other year - and I've somehow managed DCL in the years between despite the fact that my husband says Disney only every other year :P - but this is our very first trip at Christmas time. We are going at the beginning of December though so not over Thanksgiving, but still Christmas was what we want out of this trip anyways. I'm disappointed in the changes, but I understand. Being stuck in my house - working remotely since March - I welcome any kind of trip. And there seems to be some holiday magic still in the works. We will be flying and that is honestly what makes me most nervous.
Haha yeah, why not? Lots need that bit of magic this year :)
We must be Disney siblings or something because that is about how frequent we visit. Though, I think we usually do 2 years in between for DCL and about once a year for WDW. In 2018 we only did the cruise since it was such a huge trip (that was the transatlantic!).
Again, same! 11/29 - 12/4 for us :) Yeah, I agree with the changes but I definitely understand as well. It still sounds pretty magical. With how they are handling the Halloween festivities, I am still pretty excited for the holiday offerings.
Were you able to get discounts on flying?
We will be driving, we enjoy road trips, and plan on sleeping in the car for the overnight. We're building a bed thing in my car! We've done a drive to WDW in 2017, it's a pretty nice drive. We were planning to drive anyways because of cost but I'm so glad to drive because I am also nervous about flying during Covid. Definitely would rather drive for that peace of mind.

Same here! Also from MN, also our first holiday trip, and also leaving around Thanksgiving (11/28). Are you flying or driving?
This must be the year for people from MN to take their first trips at Christmas. We go to Disney every other year - and I've somehow managed DCL in the years between despite the fact that my husband says Disney only every other year :P - but this is our very first trip at Christmas time. We are going at the beginning of December though so not over Thanksgiving, but still Christmas was what we want out of this trip anyways. I'm disappointed in the changes, but I understand. Being stuck in my house - working remotely since March - I welcome any kind of trip. And there seems to be some holiday magic still in the works. We will be flying and that is honestly what makes me most nervous.
I'm from MN also - Stillwater area - and have been to WDW many times at Christmas. I did originally have a trip booked for Nov 28 - Dec 5, but had to cancel and rebook (again) for end of April 2021 (1 year from our original booking!!), due to my traveling companion's work requirements (she's a health care worker and they have cancelled all vacations at her location).

If you haven't seen Disney at Christmas, you are really in for a wonderful and beautiful way to get into the Holiday spirit. Even without some of the events, there will be plenty to see and do. They really go all out at Christmas, and everywhere you look is gorgeously decorated.

Hope everyone, especially my fellow-Minnesotans, has a glorious trip.

Hey fellow MN people! Nice to hear from you about your Christmas trips! We fly and are there 11/19-28. My inlaws just flew Delta and it was great - last week they returned from FL where they usuallylive for half the year but had to delay returning to Edina for the summer due to COVID. Hoping our experience is similar.

Last year we hit Disneyland and loved it but we have not been to WDW since 2016 and were so excited to return for our Spring Break trip in March... but... that was cancelled like so many. At the time we rescheduled for TG week - never imagining that there would be so much suffering in between, nor that we would still be having crazy infection numbers.

And we are especially excited to have a vacation out of town being from Minneapolis - we live in the neighborhood of the burned 3rd precinct and buildings along Lake Street and near the neighborhood where George Floyd was killed. It has been an emotional spring and summer and we know we still have many things to be thankful for ourselves as well as all of the good people are doing to help rebuild and also to address the roots of the problem.

So the holiday changes are a bummer but as our year of bummers goes - pretty minor. Nothing compares to white supremacists in Hawaiian shirts walking your alleys and streets after the Citywide imposed curfew trying to light cars on fire or stage incendiary devices to light up later! Or young punks from rural MN or ”up north” burning your bank and pharmacy.

We are safe and good! And excited to enjoy the WDW holiday offerings and decorations, take it ez on the commando park touring and set our mood for the holiday season!

Regardless, we will love being in WDW!

Update on park hours for November
Starting Friday Nov 6th MK is 9am to 7pm (probably for the castle projections)
Epcot is changing hours on Nov 27 and 28 to Noon to 8pm
DHS and AK stay the same
I wonder if they do MK 8 also in December

Greetings!
Lots of posts already when I dropped in the other day. I had been holding out hope for MVMCP but figured it was going to be cancelled. I’m sad about the holiday cancellations but definitely understand. Looking forward to the 2020 offerings though. Safety and health will always be a top priority. We will still come to WDW as scheduled and enjoy some extra time at the resort and DS, because we will not pay high cost of daily tickets after the 7 days for 2020. APs had not been purchased waiting to see where DD would play volleyball pre-COVID and then WDW announces reopening and ticket sales but closed AP ticket sales before we could purchase, everything literally happened so quick. But travel to WDW in December we will, and thankful and happy to be back home.

Hey fellow MN people! Nice to hear from you about your Christmas trips! We fly and are there 11/19-28. My inlaws just flew Delta and it was great - last week they returned from FL where they usuallylive for half the year but had to delay returning to Edina for the summer due to COVID. Hoping our experience is similar.

Last year we hit Disneyland and loved it but we have not been to WDW since 2016 and were so excited to return for our Spring Break trip in March... but... that was cancelled like so many. At the time we rescheduled for TG week - never imagining that there would be so much suffering in between, nor that we would still be having crazy infection numbers.

And we are especially excited to have a vacation out of town being from Minneapolis - we live in the neighborhood of the burned 3rd precinct and buildings along Lake Street and near the neighborhood where George Floyd was killed. It has been an emotional spring and summer and we know we still have many things to be thankful for ourselves as well as all of the good people are doing to help rebuild and also to address the roots of the problem.

So the holiday changes are a bummer but as our year of bummers goes - pretty minor. Nothing compares to white supremacists in Hawaiian shirts walking your alleys and streets after the Citywide imposed curfew trying to light cars on fire or stage incendiary devices to light up later! Or young punks from rural MN or ”up north” burning your bank and pharmacy.

We are safe and good! And excited to enjoy the WDW holiday offerings and decorations, take it ez on the commando park touring and set our mood for the holiday season!

Regardless, we will love being in WDW!

Glad to hear Delta is handling things well. We have our flights booked with them. My in-laws are close to the 3rd precinct as well and it has been a rollercoaster for them. We are out in a suburb and they had to come stay with us for a while because it got bad. It seems to be settling down for them for now. Still we all need a break. I'm looking forward to whatever holiday cheer I can get!

Yesterday while my hubby cloistered himself in his "cave" to immerse himself in football, I had the afternoon to watch some shows that I wanted to, but I knew he wouldn't be as interested in.

I found the Disney Holiday Decorating one on Disney+ filmed in 2017 I think, and couldn't help but think how sad it was that so much isn't going to be happening this year. But at the same time, there really still is SO much that will be a part of a Holiday visit that I guess I hadn't even thought about - all the stuff that we see but we really don't see unless we are really looking for it.

I had taken the Yuletide tour many years ago, so I already knew about the huge warehouse they have stuffed with everything just for Christmas... also about all the huge trees that are actually in several pieces, and decorated before transferring (shutting down the roads between the warehouse and the parks) and assembling in the parks (in ONE NIGHT!) But seeing all the other behind the scenes stuff as well as getting a glimpse of other parks in Europe and Asia was really fun.... I was glued to the TV set, and wished that it could have been much longer.

So, if you are in need of a Disney Christmas fix, take a look... I might even watch it again just to watch them assemble the gingerbread house in Grand Floridian!

I guess no special lights on Tree of Life this year in AK. Was hoping they were doing something

Having been to MVMCP twice, this is a letdown frankly. We are looking at going December 3-8 hoping we can enjoy the remaining festivities just as much through the joy and excitement in the eyes of our kiddos.

We still have our 12/5-12/12 reservations at POFQ - and park tickets & reservations - and memory maker........
still undecided, especially because of the short hours.......

We got the 'please confirm by 11/6' email but haven't responded yet.
Got both a phone call and an email from WDW to contact them about the trip.

We still have our 12/5-12/12 reservations at POFQ - and park tickets & reservations - and memory maker........
still undecided, especially because of the short hours.......

We got the 'please confirm by 11/6' email but haven't responded yet.
Got both a phone call and an email from WDW to contact them about the trip.

Reservations for 12/17-12/26, split stay. Park ticket & Reservations plus MM. No email to confirm stay. Probably still going. Not excited that ADRs are not for entire stay any more when doing split stays for consecutive days. Hoping hours are extended closer to the dates or the week of Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!