Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

We can continue with this one if folks want that. I only started this one myself because nobody else had yet, but I'm not attached to it, lol!
Whatever we decide, I vote we stick with Star Wars tradition and give it a name that reflects a hopefully triumphant return.

Such as:

Star Wars Rival Run 2021 Revenge of the Runners

Star Wars Rival Run 2021 Return of the Runners

Star Wars Rival Run 2012 Rise of the Runners

Depending on where the world is at and where I am physically, mentally and financially come late July I may take off registration days to sign up (as it is not purposely taking off for marathon weekend registration but IF I’m off....)

And, you know what! &^%$ it!!! I'm wearing my Star Wars MagicBand today!

Yup. My attitude exactly. Yesterday I wore my volunteer shirt from the inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon: The Dark Side weekend (the thing that started my whole runDisney obsession journey) since I was supposed to volunteer at the 5K. Today, the 2018 Dark Side 10K shirt for the 10K I was supposed to run. And tomorrow the 2019 Rival Run Half Marathon shirt for the Half I was supposed to run.

Because, why not? ;)

:darth: #WearYourSWRaceShirt :yoda:

Got my medal today too and my whole family is so jealous of how awesome it is! I will definitely do this again next year.
Are people getting any sort of notification before receiving their medals, like an email from runDisney saying it's been shipped? Still waiting for mine....

Are people getting any sort of notification before receiving their medals, like an email from runDisney saying it's been shipped? Still waiting for mine....

Nope. Mine just showed up unannounced.

But they do send a "Thank You for Participating" email. So that indicates you will be getting a medal...eventually. Hope yours arrives soon. :)

The medals are shipped via FedEx, so if you have an account with them you’ll get a notice that you have a package coming from HALO BRANDED SOLUTIONS.

While I completely agree that cancelling the race weekend and closing the parks was the correct decision, it was a little bit of a gut punch to get the virtual half medal delivered today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter