Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Acclaim Travel still has 10K availability for Rival Run.
Meant to ask this sooner but got busy with Thanksgiving--I've never gone through a travel agency for a run before. Can you give me any details about doing it that way?

I'm also sitting here debating doing the Virtual Half Marathon again next month and laughing at myself. If you'd told me ten...shoot, FIVE years ago that I'd even consider doing something like that...

Meant to ask this sooner but got busy with Thanksgiving--I've never gone through a travel agency for a run before. Can you give me any details about doing it that way?
I used Acclaim for the Inaugural Star Wars Rebel Challenge at Disneyland back in January 2015 and I registered in 2014 since I was between annual passes at the time and did not want to risk the race selling out the day it opened to the general public. I know that the process has changed since I last did it. The other key to remember is that there is some sort of requirement such as minimum night stay on Disney property and/or theme park tickets. Sometimes they can waive the theme park ticket requirement with proof of an annual pass. When I did it, I was required to buy a one day ticket to Disneyland at face value that could be upgraded.

If memory serves, the new procedure is that you call them, they take your payment information and advise you of any requirements such as hotel stay and/or park ticket(s) and so forth. After they have taken the payment which will include race registration and at least a down payment on the required hotel stay, you should receive a link from runDisney to register for the race in question. It acts the same way as the usual runDisney registration process only it shows you that you have already paid for the race. This is where you enter proof of time, shirt size, demographics, et all. You can also prepurchase any available race merchandise if you want to.

While it has been a few years since I used Acclaim Travel, I had a great experience with them. I used them near the peak of the runDisney registration insanity and watched the next morning as the races I had registered for just one day earlier sold out within 2 hours of the link going live. I have always been able to use the AP registration since that time, but would not hesitate to use Acclaim again if necessary.

I used Acclaim for the Inaugural Star Wars Rebel Challenge at Disneyland back in January 2015 and I registered in 2014 since I was between annual passes at the time and did not want to risk the race selling out the day it opened to the general public. I know that the process has changed since I last did it. The other key to remember is that there is some sort of requirement such as minimum night stay on Disney property and/or theme park tickets. Sometimes they can waive the theme park ticket requirement with proof of an annual pass. When I did it, I was required to buy a one day ticket to Disneyland at face value that could be upgraded.

If memory serves, the new procedure is that you call them, they take your payment information and advise you of any requirements such as hotel stay and/or park ticket(s) and so forth. After they have taken the payment which will include race registration and at least a down payment on the required hotel stay, you should receive a link from runDisney to register for the race in question. It acts the same way as the usual runDisney registration process only it shows you that you have already paid for the race. This is where you enter proof of time, shirt size, demographics, et all. You can also prepurchase any available race merchandise if you want to.

While it has been a few years since I used Acclaim Travel, I had a great experience with them. I used them near the peak of the runDisney registration insanity and watched the next morning as the races I had registered for just one day earlier sold out within 2 hours of the link going live. I have always been able to use the AP registration since that time, but would not hesitate to use Acclaim again if necessary.

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated.

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated.
You're welcome. I would not have known about using a travel agent to get a race bib if someone had not shared it with me back then. As I happened to buy my bib the day before it went on sale to the general public, I watched the next day with a mix of gratitude and relief as the races sold out in record breaking time for runDisney knowing that I had a bib to my dream races.

Excited that Mickey and Minnie's runaway railway will be open before race weekend!
Maybe that will help make the wait for Rise of the Resistance slightly less insane. I do look forward to riding Runaway Railway. Assuming I can pry myself away from Galaxy's Edge. So far my trips to Disneyland since it's been open involve me wishing I was in Galaxy's Edge when I'm with family and being very excited when I'm in Galaxy's Edge. As this trip will be solo, all bets are off.

Great! I finally get to run for the Kessel Run medal thinking it will be a nice boost in detail or upgraded for the 5th anniversary and that uninspiring piece of #$@# is what they come up with as "special"?! I'm pissed! This is very disappointing and I'm regretting signing up for it now.

Great! I finally get to run for the Kessel Run medal thinking it will be a nice boost in detail or upgraded for the 5th anniversary and that uninspiring piece of #$@# is what they come up with as "special"?! I'm pissed! This is very disappointing and I'm regretting signing up for it now.
Yeah I thought the same thing. I would be disappointed with that Kessel medal.

I am disappointed enough to cancel running it, if I could. Seriously, every other multiple "site" challenge medal (C2C, pink C2C, C2Chateau) that they've offered has had, at most, minor changes from year to year, if not outright staying the same. This is the first time I've seen them dramatically change that type of medal (in 5 years of running rD). I thought it was a safe bet that it would remain the Millennium Falcon. I have no interest in that medal and that's really the only reason to do a virtual run.

Not shown in those photos but the other side of the Ashoka medal is Darth Maul apparently.

I tried to send an email to the Faron Kelly email address you put in another thread and it bounced. Do you have that email still, in case there was a typo in it?

Glad I have a few Millenium Falcon medals already as I don't love the new Kessel Run design. Otherwise both the half medals look great, but not crazy about the 10K and wished the challenge medal featured characters, not a ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter