Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

As far as Star Wars running themed gear goes, it’s pretty spotty. I know of Star Wars offerings from:

• Under Armour (mostly compression, can be hard to find)
  • InkNBurn (very hard to find)
  • RunDisney (not sure of current availability)
  • Sixth Sun had some sublimated shirts that would work
  • Etsy may have some small vendors making custom offerings
I plan to roll out in my InB C-3PO and R2D2 shirts at this point. If I can get some weight off, I might swap over to UA Stormtrooper or Vader shirts. Unfortunately, “I’m a little round to be a Stormtrooper” right now. Nobody needs to see that. :sad2:

LOL, i feel you on that. I'm a big boy myself (just under 250) trying to lose weight for this run, and honestly my goal would be to wear a compression shirt.

They sold out within the first day or so of signups way back in the fall. I registered a couple of days after the first day and MBs were gone by then
Wow - in the first couple of days?!?! I guess Disney wasn't kidding around calling it "Limited"!!
Thanks for confirming.

Wow - in the first couple of days?!?! I guess Disney wasn't kidding around calling it "Limited"!!
Thanks for confirming.

I forget the exact number for this one, but usually Limited Edition MB's are 3,000 or less (many sell out that day or a couple of days)

I'll be looking to buy the MEDAL replica pins and maybe the 10k pins, depending on what they look like... so keep me in mind if you want to sell them. i worry i wont get any since flying in Thursday night so will miss morning expo until friday

ps...i can also prepay you if needed

Unfortunately, I don't think either pin is the medal one.

I do wish you luck getting what you want! I'm also won't be able to attend the expo before Friday evening so fingers crossed the ebay resellers return a lot of merch! (Or, less likely, Disney will decide to create a pleasant experience for customers and set merch limits.)

Just saw universal studios run medals. There pretty cool looking
Hopefully universal does another run in a month when I’m not doing another big runcation (Gasparilla) cause I’d look into a package
Unfortunately, I don't think either pin is the medal one.

I know W&D 2019’s bundle was just logo pin/magnet (SW & W&D 2018 had logo and medal pins) I didn’t see what 2020s races had offered (but would be curious for when I preorder for W&D in March)
[/QUOTE]

Just registered for the half since the 10k was sold out. Will be my first half. I figure I have just enough time to train for it since I’m already trained up for a 10k. I’m 47 and terrified I won’t be able to do this. But my daughter is running the Kessel run challenge and I’ll be up and out with her anyway.

Plan my first long run this weekend—6.5 miles.

Excited to be part of this but worried I’m in over my head. Also questioning weather I’ll be able to walk at the Magic Kingdom the next day.

Hello All, I am looking for some help from the veteran Star Wars people. I have never done this race. I am going to be staying at Fort Wilderness for my honeymoon and realized this race is happening while I am there. So I may consider doing it. I have two questions:

1.) Anyone ever done a Disney race from FW and how was it for transportation and stuff? I have only stayed in All Star Sports and the Contemporary for races so far.

2. How does the virtual part of the Kessel Run Challenge work? You send proof to Disney you did and you get all three medals during Star Wars weekend?

2. How does the virtual part of the Kessel Run Challenge work? You send proof to Disney you did and you get all three medals during Star Wars weekend?

There's a website you submit your time on. They give you your medal for the virtual at the expo when you get your bib.

There is no need to send proof of anything to RunDisney for the virtual piece. You pay your $$$ and you get your virtual medal. People get confused by the website “submission”. All you do there is enter a time (any time you like) and the website generates a finisher certificate that you can print yourself. You don’t even have to be registered to print the certificate!

For the Kessel Run, you get your virtual half medal when you pick up your race packet at the Expo. I think you get a Kessel Run wristband there, too. After you finish the Rival Run half marathon on Sunday they give you the Kessel Run medal along with the half medal and Rival Run challenge medal, if applicable.

There's a website you submit your time on. They give you your medal for the virtual at the expo when you get your bib.
There is no need to send proof of anything to RunDisney for the virtual piece. You pay your $$$ and you get your virtual medal. People get confused by the website “submission”. All you do there is enter a time (any time you like) and the website generates a finisher certificate that you can print yourself. You don’t even have to be registered to print the certificate!

For the Kessel Run, you get your virtual half medal when you pick up your race packet at the Expo. I think you get a Kessel Run wristband there, too. After you finish the Rival Run half marathon on Sunday they give you the Kessel Run medal along with the half medal and Rival Run challenge medal, if applicable.
Very helpful guys, thank you.

Where do you submit your time??I am registered for the Kessel Run (Rival Run Challenge + virtual half), but never received any info about where to submit your virtual half marathon time

Where do you submit your time??I am registered for the Kessel Run (Rival Run Challenge + virtual half), but never received any info about where to submit your virtual half marathon time

Do you just want a finisher’s certificate? If so, the link is on the RunDisney site. If not, there’s no need to submit anything.

Do you just want a finisher’s certificate? If so, the link is on the RunDisney site. If not, there’s no need to submit anything.
Don't really mind about the certificate, but wanted to make sure that I "qualified" for the Kessel Run before we get to Disney.

Don't really mind about the certificate, but wanted to make sure that I "qualified" for the Kessel Run before we get to Disney.

You don’t have to do anything for that. There is no mechanism to formally submit a virtual run time to RunDisney. The virtual races are 100% on the honor system. You pay for the race, you get your medal. The only caveat for that is the Kessel Run and only then because you have to complete the Rival Run half, not because of any difference in the virtual component.

Well, where's the torture fun in just posting any old time? :)

We did the 5 K in 2018 and stayed at yacht club. It took awhile for a run bus to come, even though we were there well over 1.5 hours before start time at Epcot.
In 2019, we ran the 10 K which starts in the magic kingdom parking lot. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and they had 1 bus almost full, 1 behind it and as we excited the lodge area a 3 rd bus arriving. Fort wilderness should have no problem

Any idea when the route will be posted?

Just curious where the 10k will end. If it's still the same process, I think our plan would be to go to HS when we finish the race to try to get a boarding group for Rise, then head back to our hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!