Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

Haaa I got an email this morning reminding me complete the survey for the MM event I attended on Aug 22! Yep the Aug 22 event which has not happened yet and they want my opinion. The first question was, "we see you registered for the MM event did you attend the event?" I emailed the DVC member services about it. Anyone else get the survey?

No email reminder yet! Printed out the confirmation but hope the reminder comes soon!

Haaa I got an email this morning reminding me complete the survey for the MM event I attended on Aug 22! Yep the Aug 22 event which has not happened yet and they want my opinion. The first question was, "we see you registered for the MM event did you attend the event?" I emailed the DVC member services about it. Anyone else get the survey?

I got the same survey thing, and yes, we are attending the August 22nd event :)

I got the same survey thing, and yes, we are attending the August 22nd event :)
I got the same one too. LOL

We just got back from an 11 day cash stay at POFQ (made and paid before we joined DVC). We attended the 8/8 MM event at AK. We were at the Yacht Club that afternoon b/c my daughter was getting a massage (40% off! Woohoo) so we strolled over the BC around 4 to look for the wristband kiosk. They showed up at check in around 4:45 and we got our bands and vouchers and were on the bus to AK by 5. The CM said we could go in now and use the food vouchers. He also said we would be there with 7500 of our closest friends, so that was nice to finally hear a number.

So it was me, my 33 y.o. daughter and my 6 y.o. g-baby. I really was hoping that the little would be okay out that late - we had taken it easy all day, no park, etc. We had FP for Na'vi so did that first. It was already close to dinner time so we went straight to Satu'uli and the place was PACKED. We waited in line (I think every ONE of our 7500 closest friends were there) for our food about 35 mins and it was YUMMY. Me and tiny person got the tofu bowl and my DD got the shrimp bowl. I freakin' LOVE how Satu'uli makes the whole party wait before anyone gets a table. Table campers at QS are a huge pet peeve of mine. When the party officially started at 9:30, it was chaos. We were trying to watch the Awakenings show of the ToL and cast members were frantically trying to get folks with no wristbands to head to the exit. Some ppl were incredibly rude to the CMs and it sucked. The park closed at 9 and there were still tons of ppl not attending the party taking advantage at 10 pm and after. I have no problem with people eating, shopping, getting drinks, etc, but omg. We were in line to meet Kevin and several groups sans wristbands were arguing with the CM about their right to get photos with him. Her. Sorry. Our photo pass pics have other people in them that just jumped in the photo and had family members snap the pics. Ugh. There was a short-ish line for Triceratop Spin so we waited. A large group in front of us were arguing with the CM that they wanted to ride. He said they needed a wristband, and the dad started shouting that they went to get their wristbands but they were out. Right. They would not leave. This was close to 11 pm. The poor CM just let them on the ride hoping they'd just go, but we saw them even later trying to get photos with Mowgli. Wow. The DinoLand games were insane. Sooooo many people. The Can You Dig It Dance Party was fun, Chip/Dale and Donald/Daisy were GREAT. We did meet Pete Werner recording the vlog in Island Mercantile so that was cool. NO we did not try to take pictures with him. :wave2: G-baby was about done so we got the Mickey Bar and headed out.
BADDDDDDD bus experience. The bus stop for POFQ is 11, way on the other side, but the first queue on that far side. We were waiting there and an off duty driver asked where we were headed. He told us no busses were going to come to the side with stop 11 and that we needed to walk all the way down to the end, cross the street and find out where the temp stop for POFQ was. Also, there were 3 CMs at the bus board that did not acknowledge us as we looked at the board, found our number and got in line. So, we were dying. It was so hot and humid, the munchkin was super grouchy and now we had to make that very long additional walk. We got to the other side and asked a CM who told us. Oh. FQ is stop 11. On the other side. Where we were originally. OMG. By the time we finally got on a bus it was an hour later and we were beat.

Was it fun? Yes, just way more crowded and much longer lines than I'd anticipated. I'd def do it again, just not with a little kid. Alcohol would have helped a lot. And that bus thing. Damn. No.

Last edited:
We just got back from an 11 day cash stay at POFQ (made and paid before we joined DVC). We attended the 8/8 MM event at AK. We were at the Yacht Club that afternoon b/c my daughter was getting a massage (40% off! Woohoo) so we strolled over the BC around 4 to look for the wristband kiosk. They showed up at check in around 4:45 and we got our bands and vouchers and were on the bus to AK by 5. The CM said we could go in now and use the food vouchers. He also said we would be there with 7500 of our closest friends, so that was nice to finally hear a number.

So it was me, my 33 y.o. daughter and my 6 y.o. g-baby. I really was hoping that the little would be okay out that late - we had taken it easy all day, no park, etc. We had FP for Na'vi so did that first. It was already close to dinner time so we went straight to Satu'uli and the place was PACKED. We waited in line (I think every ONE of our 7500 closest friends were there) for our food about 35 mins and it was YUMMY. Me and tiny person got the tofu bowl and my DD got the shrimp bowl. I freakin' LOVE how Satu'uli makes the whole party wait before anyone gets a table. Table campers at QS are a huge pet peeve of mine. When the party officially started at 9:30, it was chaos. We were trying to watch the Awakenings show of the ToL and cast members were frantically trying to get folks with no wristbands to head to the exit. Some ppl were incredibly rude to the CMs and it sucked. The park closed at 9 and there were still tons of ppl not attending the party taking advantage at 10 pm and after. I have no problem with people eating, shopping, getting drinks, etc, but omg. We were in line to meet Kevin and several groups sans wristbands were arguing with the CM about their right to get photos with him. Her. Sorry. Our photo pass pics have other people in them that just jumped in the photo and had family members snap the pics. Ugh. There was a short-ish line for Triceratop Spin so we waited. A large group in front of us were arguing with the CM that they wanted to ride. He said they needed a wristband, and the dad started shouting that they went to get their wristbands but they were out. Right. They would not leave. This was close to 11 pm. The poor CM just let them on the ride hoping they'd just go, but we saw them even later trying to get photos with Mowgli. Wow. The DinoLand games were insane. Sooooo many people. The Can You Dig It Dance Party was fun, Chip/Dale and Donald/Daisy were GREAT. We did meet Pete Werner recording the vlog in Island Mercantile so that was cool. NO we did not try to take pictures with him. :wave2: G-baby was about done so we got the Mickey Bar and headed out.
BADDDDDDD bus experience. The bus stop for POFQ is 11, way on the other side, but the first queue on that far side. We were waiting there and an off duty driver asked where we were headed. He told us no busses were going to come to the side with stop 11 and that we needed to walk all the way down to the end, cross the street and find out where the temp stop for POFQ was. Also, there were 3 CMs at the bus board that did not acknowledge us as we looked at the board, found our number and got in line. So, we were dying. It was so hot and humid, the munchkin was super grouchy and now we had to make that very long additional walk. We got to the other side and asked a CM who told us. Oh. FQ is stop 11. On the other side. Where we were originally. OMG. By the time we finally got on a bus it was an hour later and we were beat.

Was it fun? Yes, just way more crowded and much longer lines than I'd anticipated. I'd def do it again, just not with a little kid. Alcohol would have helped a lot. And that bus thing. Damn. No.

We were there on the 8th and didn't really notice anyone without bands later at night and even at 10 and 11 they were still checking bands. Heck they checked them at 11:45 when we went in for our magic bands. We must have timed Saulti canteen just right since we ate around 6/6:15 and no line at all and got food quick.

I have a 6 yr old, 3 yr old and 1 yr old and they are so use to late nights in the park overall. 6 yo is never ready to leave the other 2 did fall alsleep in stroller, but 3 yo got up for his mickey bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts