Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

The first thing you will enter will be your DVC Membership Number. After that, your name, phone number, email address, total number of guests. You will need to check a series of boxes saying you agree to lots of terms & conditions.
Thanks! Knowing my luck I would need some crazy info that I didn't think about and wouldn't have it handy. This way I can be prepared...Fingers crossed we get tickets.

We only visit every three years and have never coincided with any DVC event before - so now really hoping to get to the MM on Aug 22nd. I don't seem to receive emails from DVC anymore so I've got the page bookmarked and will be on it by 1.55pm British Summer Time at the very latest! I even remembered to postpone a dental appointment that I mistakenly made for 2 pm that day!!

Fingers crossed here for 8/22! Family is staying at VGF for the first time, and this would be our first MM!

This will be our first time trying to register and we are staying offsite because Disney does not allow dogs in the villas. What are the chances of getting in with the general registration? or should I blow our use or lose points for a night on property for the day we hope to hit for MM. Thank you.

New dates announced for DAH through September and of course, 8/22 is MK. Having attended MM at Epcot I was underwhelmed... was thinking that AK might be better. But I have done DAH at MK several times and it is a fabulous, though pricey, experience... DVC discount takes it under $100.

Will probably try on the 5th for MM since it's free. But DAH at MK is a great backup.

Lucked out twice this year; just happened to be staying during the Epcot MM, and now we'll also be there on 8/8 for AK!

I have stayed at Ft. Wilderness when it was MK MM and it qualified.

Great to know. We are new DVC members, our first DVC trip is April 2020 at our home, CCV. However, we already had planned a cash trip at PO-FQ for August and I was stoked to see the AK MM taking place during our trip (8/8). SO WE GET TO GO???? Yay! What an unexpected, fun perk. I'll be up at the crack on reservation day for sure.

Great to know. We are new DVC members, our first DVC trip is April 2020 at our home, CCV. However, we already had planned a cash trip at PO-FQ for August and I was stoked to see the AK MM taking place during our trip (8/8). SO WE GET TO GO???? Yay! What an unexpected, fun perk. I'll be up at the crack on reservation day for sure.
Yes you are eligible. Good luck :)

Hoping for 8/22 - no idea what to expect as it will be our first - hoping for good reports from 1st two and that we are lucky enough with our date

Extended our pre-cruise stay to hopefully secure tickets for the MM on 8/8. This is my 2nd and hubby’s 3rd one. We lucked into finding a room on points 4 months out at AKL too. I have three reminders on my phone: one the day before, one the hour before and one 15 minutes before. 😂

I have a question about food at Moonlight Magic. I know at the Halloween and Christmas parties, they have food for people with allergies. Do they have the same thing at Moonlight Magic? TIA

I have a question about food at Moonlight Magic. I know at the Halloween and Christmas parties, they have food for people with allergies. Do they have the same thing at Moonlight Magic? TIA
It would be the same process that's in use at Quick Service Restaurants.

It would be the same process that's in use at Quick Service Restaurants.

I do not understand this answer. Could you please expand? In the videos I watched, everyone was going into places and they were given what was there, ie Mickey Ice creams bars, hot dogs, etc depending upon which place they went.

I do not understand this answer. Could you please expand? In the videos I watched, everyone was going into places and they were given what was there, ie Mickey Ice creams bars, hot dogs, etc depending upon which place they went.
They started giving out quick service meal vouchers last year. The only free snacks have been the novelty ice creams and then other snacks (churros/popcorn/etc) have been for sale like normal during the day.

They now give you a food voucher to use at some of the quick service restaurants, good for up to $20. They also still have the Mickey Ice Cream bar locations (probably with a non-dairy option as well.) As far as allergies--it would depend upon what that quick service restaurant has available. I can't give any more details as our last Moonlight Magic in April 2018 was as you described--spots to pick up hot dogs/chips/cookies, etc.

As luck would have it, we will be staying onsite at Ft. Wilderness during the July 18th date. I asked a CM if staying at Ft. Wilderness qualified and they confirmed it did. Does anyone have first hand experience and can confirm?
We are hoping for 7/18. We have onsite reservations ... but via an RCI exchange. We did make a request to "be included" in the early registration window and have our account "so noted" ... let's see if that request is effective! :)
I'm going to have to call MS to make sure our room is linked to the MM reservation system as well. Due to issues with a previous stay, we were given a comped night which we are using for the DAK MM event.

We were staying at BWV through DRC (comped) the night of May's EPCOT's MM. I called MS about 2+ months prior, and they "attached" our DVC membership to the reservation. MS said that it is usually chaotic the morning of a sign-up as people realize that their valid membership is NOT automatically attached (this also goes for those with multiple memberships and at least one blue card, staying on a membership that doesn't qualify). We received the invite, and most of our info was prepopulated when I got to the sign-up.
In answer to the other questions:
We checked in, received our food vouchers & bands at the resort around 6PM (only 2 people ahead of us)
Mickey bars, water (not bottled) & (I think) lemonade were given out at multiple places.
Vouchers were good for an entrée & drink at multiple QS (no dollar limit). We ate around 11pm (Electric Umbrella - surprisingly good!), and food areas were somewhat busy but seating was plentiful.

We LOVED the event - the music, party atmosphere, "special" merchandise for sale (DVC Jenga!!), rides (we were the ONLY ones on Figment - don't judge:blush:). We didn't try Soarin' or Frozen (already had FPs for other days), or character greets (which had short lines from what we saw). The only meh part of the evening was the "meet DVC executives" - they seemed to mostly chat amongst themselves, and disinterested in talking with members. In contrast, all the CMs working the event were upbeat & fun. It was a lovely evening overall, but the pièce de résistance was the most amazing fireworks display we had ever seen - it looked liked there were millions of diamonds pouring from the sky, jaw dropping stunning!!
HTH :)

Does anyone know what quick service places will be open in AK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!