Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

7/18 & 8/22 are FULL.

Queue is paused while the check on availability for 8/8.

event says it starts at 930. Park closing listed at 830 currently. curious as to whether the park closing gets moved to 930 or the hour in between gets left open to clear the park out. If the park isn't technically 'open' between 830 and 930 will everything remain open?

event says it starts at 930. Park closing listed at 830 currently. curious as to whether the park closing gets moved to 930 or the hour in between gets left open to clear the park out. If the park isn't technically 'open' between 830 and 930 will everything remain open?
We went to the one in MK in February. Everything remained open continuously, but at park close, only people wearing MM wristbands were allowed in the ride queues.
I'm looking forward to getting in at 6pm to get a head start on everything we want to do!

Everything will remain open. The character meet and greets will start once the party officially starts.

cross posted from MS board. thanks for understanding. trying to figure this situation out. hopefully someone can help.

We are members staying on property for the 8/22 event, but for this trip we are staying on a friend's points who will not be attending. This causes all sorts of havoc for the reservation system. We are not recognized as staying on property in this queue as our membership number is not attached to the reservation. Our friend did register for us in the meantime. We are from NY and happened to be staying that week before MM was even announced so we felt fortunate to have an opportunity to attend.

My question: has anyone encountered and overcome this situation before? If so, what did you have to do? I am unsure of our friend's ability to be present to get the wristbands. It's possible he will not be in the area at that time.

They use that hour to clear out guests who are not attending the party. You'll get a wrist band to prove you have tickets and once 8:30 hits, any guest w.o a wristband will not be allowed on the attractions. We however can begin checking in and getting out wristbands starting at 6 (or 6:30?) so there will be no downtime for us—we can tour as normal right on through.

cross posted from MS board. thanks for understanding. trying to figure this situation out. hopefully someone can help.

We are members staying on property for the 8/22 event, but for this trip we are staying on a friend's points who will not be attending. This causes all sorts of havoc for the reservation system. We are not recognized as staying on property in this queue as our membership number is not attached to the reservation. Our friend did register for us in the meantime. We are from NY and happened to be staying that week before MM was even announced so we felt fortunate to have an opportunity to attend.

My question: has anyone encountered and overcome this situation before? If so, what did you have to do? I am unsure of our friend's ability to be present to get the wristbands. It's possible he will not be in the area at that time.
hmmmm tough situation. I would call MS and see what they say. I know there was a slot for you to add an alternative person on the check-in list, but I also think it said that they had to have the same member number.

I wish i had a better answer for you but good luck.

For those who attended other MM events.....Do they do a special kick off or something special at the start of the party?

That sounds tricky! I would think that either your friend has to be there because the reservation is tied to his member number or you need to be lucky enough to score a reservation next week when a few more slots open up on 6/12.

When we reserved for the MK one on 2/12/19 I was worried because I would be going without my husband, who is listed as the primary on the deed. Because I am officially listed as a co-owner and have my own ID card he was allowed to designate me as the alternate for check in purposes and that went seamlessly. You friend can't designate you as an alternate because you aren't listed on his deed I'm guessing.

If I were you, I'd try reaching out to member services and explain the situation. Maybe you'll be lucky and someone will want to sprinkle some pixie dust your way especially because you are actually a member staying on site during the event. If you had been paying cash to stay on property you would have been eligible to reserve now, in your own name, so why should you be penalized?

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!

That sounds tricky! I would think that either your friend has to be there because the reservation is tied to his member number or you need to be lucky enough to score a reservation next week when a few more slots open up on 6/12.

When we reserved for the MK one on 2/12/19 I was worried because I would be going without my husband, who is listed as the primary on the deed. Because I am officially listed as a co-owner and have my own ID card he was allowed to designate me as the alternate for check in purposes and that went seamlessly. You friend can't designate you as an alternate because you aren't listed on his deed I'm guessing.

If I were you, I'd try reaching out to member services and explain the situation. Maybe you'll be lucky and someone will want to sprinkle some pixie dust your way especially because you are actually a member staying on site during the event. If you had been paying cash to stay on property you would have been eligible to reserve now, in your own name, so why should you be penalized?

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!

thanks for the thoughtful reply! we are hoping for the best. because we had received emails (2 of us are members), we thought they recognized our on-property stay (i still think thats why we got the invite email when we had never received one before). Hopefully MS can patch it up :)

I've updated the 1st post with the names of who is going to what event.

If I missed you, or you did not post your date and want to be included in the list, just let me know.
We're going on Aug 22 (myself, DH and our two sons)!

We are planning on getting to AK around 4 or 5 on 8/22. Does anyone know if there are kiosks inside the park where you can pick up your wristbands/vouchers etc? Confirmation says you can also pick them up at resort at 6 but we will be at AK by then. No big deal but would prefer to not have to go back to park entrance at 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!