Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

Any bloggers that attend are either DVC Members and used the registration process or they are guests of a member that registered.
Pete W posed on the DVC Fan FB page that he was trying to register b/c he had booked a cash stay. So at least he was making an attempt to do it right.

My take on bloggers and youTubers at these events:
While I love my DVC, and appreciate events like this, you have to realize that they do not do these out of the kindness of their hearts. THese are 100% marketing opportunities and WE are their marketing team. They are relying on us to chat about this on social, post our photos and make our friends and family see "how cool" it is to be a DVC member. These events come out of their marketing budget and—in today's world—marketers are always looking to new and different ways to promote their product. So they turn to us, bloggers and Youtubers to do it for them.

Will there be them at the event, you betcha, but in the end, they will be such a small % of the guests that it will not matter. And to counter the argument "Yea but as a member and I could not get in and I'm angry" Yep, they know that, but they already have your membership money and they are counting on you NOT posting on social and complaining on the party night, you'll have long forgotten about it and moved on.

We managed to get July 18th for four people. I think it was close though!! I joined the cue at about 8:45 am through the DVC site (never received an e-mail) and had about 5800 people in front of me. I am not sure what time it was when I got through but there was a big warning saying there was very limited availability left...

As luck would have it, we will be staying onsite at Ft. Wilderness during the July 18th date. I asked a CM if staying at Ft. Wilderness qualified and they confirmed it did. Does anyone have first hand experience and can confirm?
I am staying at Ft. Wilderness for the Aug 22 date and I booked it with no problem.

Made it for the 8/22 date! Clicked the email at around 8:55 this morning and was assigned number 1689. By 9:19 this morning, I had my confirmation email.
:)

We confirmed for our group of 4 for July 18. I was about 1700 in line when I clicked at 8AM Central Time. I was worried but thankfully got tickets! We did a MM event at Typhoon Lagoon last summer and really enjoyed it.

Made it for the 8/22 date! Clicked the email at around 8:55 this morning and was assigned number 1689. By 9:19 this morning, I had my confirmation email.
:)
I logged at 8:56 and was assigned number 4286. I didn't get in until 9:40. Your computers location must be closer to Disney than mine. :P

I logged at 8:56 and was assigned number 4286. I didn't get in until 9:40. Your computers location must be closer to Disney than mine. :P
All of the live connections prior to 9A ET were 'randomized' into the Virtual Queue on opening. I had two devices waiting. One was started at 2400'ish and other 5000+.

Edited to add: But if you wish to trace hops to server ... I'm in San Diego. :)

I couldn't get a studio reservation at any DVC property for 8/22 in the middle of my reservation week and couldn't figure out why. Then I realized it was Moonlight Magic. I had a reservation for August 21 checking out August 22 at AK and called Disney to see if I could still reserve tickets and the women on DVC line said no had to be 8/22. I didn't get any email but logged in to the link this morning at 8:30 and was assigned a queue of 2400ish. Got on at 9:30ish and it recognized my reservation and party using my Member ID for the prior day reservation and was able to book. So happy. I didn't have anywhere near the points needed for a grand villa that was left on 8/22. If anyone has that issue of no rooms in the future. You might try the day before. Computer seems to recognize your checkout date as well.

I got sidetracked around 7:40 am CST reading a trip report on my phone and forgot to click on the link until 5 after...ended up with 8000 I think and missed out on the 7/18....would've made the 8/22 or 8/14. I wish I would've known you could click on the link early...would have saved me.

Well, pretty sure location has nothing to do with your random queue number. I was on the page a bit prior to 9:00. When the registration page opened at 9:00, my random number was 68XX - and I live 60 miles from WDW!

Well, pretty sure location has nothing to do with your random queue number. I was on the page a bit prior to 9:00. When the registration page opened at 9:00, my random number was 68XX - and I live 60 miles from WDW!
I clicked the link in the email at 8:40 and when transfered over to the queue, I was #628. This is while at work near UCF.

We are planning on getting to AK around 4 or 5 on 8/22. Does anyone know if there are kiosks inside the park where you can pick up your wristbands/vouchers etc? Confirmation says you can also pick them up at resort at 6 but we will be at AK by then. No big deal but would prefer to not have to go back to park entrance at 6.
They had them at a couple of different locations in the park last year. We picked ours up by tusker house

I can't belive this event sold out in less than 2 hours. It's AK, not MK! I didn't even think to sign on this morning, figuring there would be plenty available this evening. Boy was that a mistake! I will try on the 12th and then just keep stalking the link to see if any tickets open up. We have been lucky in the past with this, when we decided to do a "last minute" trip.

I logged on about 12 minutes before 9am. At 9am I was given a queue number around 7600.

I am pretty disappointed to hear people logging on after 9am were given a lower number. If I had know my number was randomized I would have opened additional browsers.

I can't belive this event sold out in less than 2 hours. It's AK, not MK! I didn't even think to sign on this morning, figuring there would be plenty available this evening. Boy was that a mistake! I will try on the 12th and then just keep stalking the link to see if any tickets open up. We have been lucky in the past with this, when we decided to do a "last minute" trip.

I assume you have not followed the continuing saga of the misery which is fighting to register for MM events. Selling out in 2 hours is the norm. Many, many disappointed people in the past and unfortunately there will be many in the future. There is simply way more demand than space. They don't call it "The hunger games' for nothing :sad2: If you want to participate, then you need to be on the computer at exactly 9 and even then you may not win.

I assume you have not followed the continuing saga of the misery which is fighting to register for MM events. Selling out in 2 hours is the norm. Many, many disappointed people in the past and unfortunately there will be many in the future. There is simply way more demand than space. They don't call it "The hunger games' for nothing :sad2: If you want to participate, then you need to be on the computer at exactly 9 and even then you may not win.
I wish I had followed it more closely. I went to one of them at MK last january when you had to call in and register. I got in without too much problems. I had no idea this was like booking a standard view BWV during F&W. Now I know better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!