Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

I can't belive this event sold out in less than 2 hours. It's AK, not MK! I didn't even think to sign on this morning, figuring there would be plenty available this evening. Boy was that a mistake! I will try on the 12th and then just keep stalking the link to see if any tickets open up. We have been lucky in the past with this, when we decided to do a "last minute" trip.

You forgot the more important point—Free :P

I can't belive this event sold out in less than 2 hours. It's AK, not MK! I didn't even think to sign on this morning, figuring there would be plenty available this evening. Boy was that a mistake! I will try on the 12th and then just keep stalking the link to see if any tickets open up. We have been lucky in the past with this, when we decided to do a "last minute" trip.

MK has never sold out from on property reservations. The last two we went to it wasn’t even fully sold out.

You have been lucky with stalking the link? I thought it closes, or at least it used to...

MK has never sold out from on property reservations. The last two we went to it wasn’t even fully sold out.
You sure about that? Pretty sure last years sold out. Maybe the first one didn't? They do keep a small amount of reservations for off site guests to try for after onsite registration, but the onsite registration days always seem to sell out.

You sure about that? Pretty sure last years sold out. Maybe the first one didn't? They do keep a small amount of reservations for off site guests to try for after onsite registration, but the onsite registration days always seem to sell out.

Nope none of the dates for this years MK sold out to onsite reservations, the first party didn't even sell fully out at all.

MK has never sold out during onsite since it can hold alot of people and they always announce so last min that its hard to plan around.

What are your thoughts on WDW planning 3 events on the same night?

On July 18th, DVC MM at AK, Villians After Hours at MK AND H2O Glow night at Typhoon Lagoon.

I would have gone to all 3 if they were spread out, but on the flip side, I guess it gives guests more opportunity to attend at least 1 of them.

Thoughts?

On July 18th, DVC MM at AK, Villians After Hours at MK AND H2O Glow night at Typhoon Lagoon.

I would have gone to all 3 if they were spread out, but on the flip side, I guess it gives guests more opportunity to attend at least 1 of them.

Thoughts?

I thought about that the other day too. I was wondering if the 7/18 would be last to sell out because there were other events happening the same night. It was funny because 7/18 was the first date to sell out.

Nope none of the dates for this years MK sold out to onsite reservations, the first party didn't even sell fully out at all.

MK has never sold out during onsite since it can hold alot of people and they always announce so last min that its hard to plan around.

That has me wondering, does anyone have any idea how many people are allowed in any of the Member Magic evenings. I am sure Disney will not, and has not published it, but curious if any one has any ideas on how many are allowed in, in any given night.

That has me wondering, does anyone have any idea how many people are allowed in any of the Member Magic evenings. I am sure Disney will not, and has not published it, but curious if any one has any ideas on how many are allowed in, in any given night.

I was wondering about this too. It seems like for the AK events there were maybe 8-10K people who ended up getting to book, but it sounds like some people had multiple browsers open so it is hard to say the actual #. As well, it is hard to say how many guests each person actually registered with likely any one person registering 1-12 guests or so... I read on another board that someone was told that anything given out on the 12th would be from cancellations. I would have assumed they would have held some back for that general admission offer but who knows. I am going to guess maybe 8-12K people per event. I am just guessing based on the above numbers and making a few really uneducated assumptions about average party size... I think I read somewhere a few years ago that AK saw, on average, about 30k people a day.

Might as well make a thread for the AK MM events

Thursday, July 18, 2019
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Thursday, August 22, 2019

Registration for members with reservations: June 5th
members w/o reservations: June 12th

Post your predictions for crowd size, open attractions, food options, and character appearances.

List of who's attending each party.

Thursday, July 18, 2019
glvsav37
Capang
klbrow11
sgtdisney
LoveMickey
PumpkinKingGB
Greg36
TeeDisney1025
com_op_2000

Thursday, August 8, 2019
bastraker
mike0035
jlwhitney
dina444444
cmarsh31
mhochman
RDR_BU
Geomom

Thursday, August 22, 2019
Jetku
Debbie Jean
Newsies
wdw4rfam
keaster
wdwlver
Madame
Bexx
TXTink
LisaRN97
kpm76
Jenna5
Vdh730
mlee.sunny
Stephen's Mom
han22735
Drr10
DVCismyhappyplace
biochemgirl
August 22

Thoughts?

Same for 8/8. We would have done all three events but opted for the free MM.

I had been totally opposed to Villians given the price difference between that and After Hours. However, I kind of would like to go. Had I been able to schedule it I would have liked to do AH as well as MM.

I'm really pissed off about this whole thing. We became members this past April and decided to go direct specifically for these "perks". We've had a cash trip planned (PO-FQ 8/6 - 8/15) since February so I was thrilled to see a MM event during our trip. I did plan a trip using our pts at CCV for April 2020. Anyway, I got in the virtual queue before bed on Tues. Wed I was up and waiting for the booking screen to open and got in with 4000 people ahead of me. Took about an hour, but got to the screen to enter Res # and DVC # annnnndddd….. it said my reservation was not linked to my DVC acct. Call MS, it said. So I did. Waited 40 mins for them and they said they needed to send me to the supervisor queue. While on hold, I emailed my VCG. On hold for 2.5 HOURS when my VCG called. Put the supervisor call on hold and answered. He talked and talked about how sorry he was, and that I should just stay on hold, and please keep him updated on what happens, etc. When we hung up, I found that I was now in the post-call survey. Apparently they answered my call while I was talking to Justin and I didn't know. They didn't hear me so they hung up, sent me to the survey and I lost my place in line. SO frustrating. Called Justin, he apologized and said to try back the next day when MS wouldn't be so swamped. Spoke to supervisor Maverick the next day and he was sorry, but at this point I can just try on the 12th with members who do not have current reservations. You can imagine my confidence in THAT happening. So disappointing. I'm mad, but more upset and frustrated and not at all certain that buying direct was a good idea at all.

I'm really pissed off about this whole thing. We became members this past April and decided to go direct specifically for these "perks". We've had a cash trip planned (PO-FQ 8/6 - 8/15) since February so I was thrilled to see a MM event during our trip. I did plan a trip using our pts at CCV for April 2020. Anyway, I got in the virtual queue before bed on Tues. Wed I was up and waiting for the booking screen to open and got in with 4000 people ahead of me. Took about an hour, but got to the screen to enter Res # and DVC # annnnndddd….. it said my reservation was not linked to my DVC acct. Call MS, it said. So I did. Waited 40 mins for them and they said they needed to send me to the supervisor queue. While on hold, I emailed my VCG. On hold for 2.5 HOURS when my VCG called. Put the supervisor call on hold and answered. He talked and talked about how sorry he was, and that I should just stay on hold, and please keep him updated on what happens, etc. When we hung up, I found that I was now in the post-call survey. Apparently they answered my call while I was talking to Justin and I didn't know. They didn't hear me so they hung up, sent me to the survey and I lost my place in line. SO frustrating. Called Justin, he apologized and said to try back the next day when MS wouldn't be so swamped. Spoke to supervisor Maverick the next day and he was sorry, but at this point I can just try on the 12th with members who do not have current reservations. You can imagine my confidence in THAT happening. So disappointing. I'm mad, but more upset and frustrated and not at all certain that buying direct was a good idea at all.
As many of us, as well as all the dvc guides state, don't buy in for perks and don't rely on them. The reservation not linking is common. In the future, log in and look to see that it is there or call MS and ask them to make sure it is linked. This is especially true of cash reservations. Once registration fills there really is nothing that can be done, whether you were in while tickets were available or not. MM seems to be one perk that people complain about the most. There are very limited tickets and it is similar to a lottery so many people don't get in. The more people call in to complain or try to demand MS get them in the faster this perk disappears. Given the anger I've seen over the last couple MM events I'd say we could very well not see them in the future.

On a similar note, when we checked in for MM at HS in the spring the family in front of us was in a similar situation as you are. They told us they were going to demand entry because it was not their fault they did not get in. It did not go well for them. They left cussing and yelling and with no wristbands. The poor CM was very flustered and visibly shaken.

I'm sorry you didn't get in. It is a frustrating situation. Just keep in mind, we have zero perks guaranteed. We could wake up tomorrow with no discounts and no special member extras.

Do they typically open up fast passes for the MM time block? If so, what is the timeline and procedure?

Congrats to everybody who made it in! It will be a fun event. We went to the first DVC party at AKL a few years ago and had an amazing time...I sense that this will see a much higher crowd level, but it will be great!

I am wondering whether anybody has a sense of whether doing the randomized number for the queue or clicking the link exactly at 9am is a better strategy? I’ll be trying for Typhoon Lagoon as well and want to have my ducks in a row before I make that attempt ;).

Congrats to everybody who made it in! It will be a fun event. We went to the first DVC party at AKL a few years ago and had an amazing time...I sense that this will see a much higher crowd level, but it will be great!

I am wondering whether anybody has a sense of whether doing the randomized number for the queue or clicking the link exactly at 9am is a better strategy? I’ll be trying for Typhoon Lagoon as well and want to have my ducks in a row before I make that attempt ;).
The way I interpreted it is if you click in to the queue before 9 you are randomly placed with everyone else already in. So if there were 100 people in the queue before 9 (lol or like maybe 5,000) you would be placed anywhere between 1 and 100. Anyone clicking in later gets in line in the order they click into the queue after those initial 100, starting at 101. So I'd always click in early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!