Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

There were six of us running the half together and we started in corral I. My DD, 24, was getting frustrated near the Grand Floridian with the congestion. Her comment was, "Only at Disney is running a contact sport." It was so hard to stay together, she told the others to go ahead. I stayed with her and we finished about five minutes behind my sisters. The only pictures we stopped for were the front of the castle and Fairy Godmother. Those lines were short. I would have stopped for Sophia, but DD didn't want to. The other photo ops had such long lines, it was a no go. DD and my niece took a selfie on Main Street. We didn't run into the castle backup. I was warned it may happen. It was a lot more walking than running. With a big group, I missed some of the atmosphere I usually pick up when I do a race by myself. I won't be doing Princess next year. The sights are set on Tink in 2016.

I had a blast! PHM was my third runDisney half and I went into it with the attitude of just having fun and not worrying about my time, which I think is key for me. I stopped for a few characters and the castle photo, which I'd never done before (I usually just take "drive-by" photos of characters as I pass) and that was fun! Going to try for GSC next year.
princess:

Went to a swim meet at the Y today and ran into two ladies who participated in the PHM weekend. I had on my 10k shirt. One of the ladies I knew and I know she is a Disney fanatic, as well. She did the 10k. The other women I met in the restroom. She was from a team about two hours away and did the GSC. Both of these ladies stayed at POFQ, while I was at POR.

So great to hear about everyone's races. I appreciate all of the answers to questions for both myself and my daughter. She had runner's knee in both knees--had KT tape and a brace on the worst one but was in a lot of pain. She finished (started in J) but was hurting a lot. I was dealing with an IT band issue which started in Jan, of course. Saw Jeff Galloway at the expo on Fri and he gave me the advice to do a 15 sec run with 30 sec walk instead of 30/30 and it helped a lot believe it or not. Got to like 8 or 9 before it kicked in and I was still able to do the run walk until the end....albeit very slow but I finished. Also tried the KT tape but it was a waste for me. Most of it peeled off at night. My daughter's lasted the whole time though so maybe it was the person who taped me vs the tape itself.
Three of us were in M so I was a bit worried about the time thing and didn't have to be really. Had A LOT of fun! Said I'd be one and done but now I really want to do another---just don't think my body would take it. Still trying to rehab the IT band and its doing great thus far. Only doing some shorter distances the rest of the year. IF I ever can do a half again I would only do a Disney race....it was challenging but fun with all the people. Just wish it wasn't such a crush for us in the back of the pack. LOTS of bobbing and weaving which probably didn't help the IT band. I would definitely do the 10k. Friend did the GSC and said she loved the 10k course a lot. Might try for the ToT 10 miler if they offer it next year....and I can keep running without injuries until then. :)

The 10K was great! I would definitely go down for the 5K and 10K if I didn't feel up to the half. I did get injured this year, but I'm hoping to do all three in 2016!

We really enjoyed the 10k, too. During our discussion, the decision was made that Disney is a little far to travel for just a 10k.

Ugh. Just ran a 10K this morning. It was 72 degrees and 82% humidity and I fell apart at mile 3. My breathing was off since the air was so hot and dense. It felt like it was just sticking in my lungs and I was suffocating. I finished with a time of 1:06:55 which was a whopping 13 seconds faster than the princess 10K. I was hoping for less than 1:05:00. Guess I better train get out there more when it is humid instead of hiding inside on a treadmill with air conditioning.

Ugh. Just ran a 10K this morning. It was 72 degrees and 82% humidity and I fell apart at mile 3. My breathing was off since the air was so hot and dense. It felt like it was just sticking in my lungs and I was suffocating. I finished with a time of 1:06:55 which was a whopping 13 seconds faster than the princess 10K. I was hoping for less than 1:05:00. Guess I better train get out there more when it is humid instead of hiding inside on a treadmill with air conditioning.

I also hate running in the heat, but you really do need practice running in all different types of weather. You never know what it will be like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!