Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

My CBBR rate also dropped from $124 to $114 a night today for April 19-24.

EDITED: is it normal for the deposit to not be correct now? I paid $139.50 deposit for the $124 a night price. It now shows the deposit is $128.25, so I am missing $11. I called and asked about it and they said they are able to see the change and it will balance out when I check in. When I went in the Fall, I also was able to get a better rate, but then the deposit amount stayed the same.

Last edited:
My CBBR rate also dropped from $124 to $114 a night today for April 19-24.

EDITED: is it normal for the deposit to not be correct now? I paid $139.50 deposit for the $124 a night price. It now shows the deposit is $128.25, so I am missing $11. I called and asked about it and they said they are able to see the change and it will balance out when I check in. When I went in the Fall, I also was able to get a better rate, but then the deposit amount stayed the same.

It doesn't matter what the deposit shows. They still keep track of what you paid. I always try to pay off my stay before my arrival date and the deposit still shows the same thing.

Is it worth saving $400 over 3 nights to move from pb club level to hard rock standard room that just opened for our dates? it’s me, my bf and my dd11 for our first trip.

Is it worth saving $400 over 3 nights to move from pb club level to hard rock standard room that just opened for our dates? it’s me, my bf and my dd11 for our first trip.

That’s sort of like comparing apples and potatoes. Pb club level is the best club level offered, where you get a deluxe room at PBH which is 490 sq ft. You get access to breakfast with hot options, afternoon snacks and evening options that include a hot meal and crudités, beer and wine in addition to a dessert hour. An HRH standard room is considerably smaller accommodation and obviously no club level perks. It really depends how much time you plan to spend at the resort, and how often you plan to utilize the club lounge food offerings to decide if monetarily it is worth it to you. If you don’t plan to eat breakfast and dinner there, I’d say probably not worth it. It’s a great experience though.

That’s sort of like comparing apples and potatoes. Pb club level is the best club level offered, where you get a deluxe room at PBH which is 490 sq ft. You get access to breakfast with hot options, afternoon snacks and evening options that include a hot meal and crudités, beer and wine in addition to a dessert hour. An HRH standard room is considerably smaller accommodation and obviously no club level perks. It really depends how much time you plan to spend at the resort, and how often you plan to utilize the club lounge food offerings to decide if monetarily it is worth it to you. If you don’t plan to eat breakfast and dinner there, I’d say probably not worth it. It’s a great experience though.
thanks. I planned on breakfast in the club but I’m not sure if we would use it for anything else besides water and Diet Coke for my bf.

Look at thre menu and prices for food in the park, hotels and city walk

If you think the 3 of you are going to eat $135 of food per day by taking advantage of the club, then stay with PB for your 3 night stay

If you only plan to do the breakfast and water/soda, club would be a waste of money

Before I answer, I have to admit that I really like the PBH club lounge and the size of their Deluxe rooms. As mentioned earlier, the rooms will be noticeably larger with a Deluxe room at PBH and you might be able to snag a true balcony room. (The only balcony rooms onsite at Universal are a few Deluxe rooms at PBH. So no guarantees on getting one, but arriving early and asking for one helps.)

With that out of the way, given this is your first trip, I would agree with trying to eat dinner out in Citywalk or some of the hotel restaurants. It is a great part of the on-site experience at Universal and shouldn't be missed. If you were a regular with a few trips under your belt, then maybe trying to get dinner in the club lounge would be a good option as sometimes it could save money or at least be fairly cost neutral (i.e. family of 5 eating most of their meals in the lounge and grabbing snacks from the lounge as well) . So I'd recommend going with the standard room at HRH for your first trip and try to experience as much of Universal as you can and use that $400 there rather than the club lounge.

Before I answer, ...
That is what I was thinking and I just saw dates for RP standard 2 queens opened up too and it would be closer to a $450 saving. That is would pay for most of our food for the 3 days. I guess folks are cancelling or moving their trips.

Everyone's preferences are different, so what influence's you most may be different than others. But here some of my thoughts: Unless your staying in a HRH 2-Queen Deluxe (500 sqft) or a suite room, the rooms at PBR will be noticeably larger and roomier. Also, PBR is the most "upscale" of the On-site hotels and it has 3 different pools to choose from. While HRH is closer to the parks than PBR, it isn't that much closer, your talking about an extra 1 or 2 minute ride on the water taxi. So it isn't a significant difference.

For me, I'd go with PBR even if it were $50 more than HRH. So any time it is less than HRH, it wouldn't take me a second to decide. :)

Everyone's preferences are different, so what influence's you most may be different than others. But here some of my thoughts: Unless your staying in a HRH 2-Queen Deluxe (500 sqft) or a suite room, the rooms at PBR will be noticeably larger and roomier. Also, PBR is the most "upscale" of the On-site hotels and it has 3 different pools to choose from. While HRH is closer to the parks than PBR, it isn't that much closer, your talking about an extra 1 or 2 minute ride on the water taxi. So it isn't a significant difference.

For me, I'd go with PBR even if it were $50 more than HRH. So any time it is less than HRH, it wouldn't take me a second to decide. :)
Thank you for this. I have listened and rebooked 😉. The only thing causing me to hesitate is that I know my way around HRH.

I'm watching May 25-29th, at Hard Rock. Just noticed they added a regular queen room at Royal Pacific for $219 that's the cheapest i've seen for that week for a hotel with express. If my husband would be okay with switching thats what I would do lol. Staying at HRH was his only request as he likes how close it is. We've stayed at all three of the express hotels.

I'm watching May 25-29th, at Hard Rock. Just noticed they added a regular queen room at Royal Pacific for $219 that's the cheapest i've seen for that week for a hotel with express. If my husband would be okay with switching thats what I would do lol. Staying at HRH was his only request as he likes how close it is.

Don't you just hate when they finally decide to interject their opinion into the vacation we are putting together and it messes us up? :confused3 Gotta love 'em. :laughing:

So an AP discount for my dates next week became available. I currently have a package that includes room, APs, and Superstar shuttle to/from airport/resort. The current room portion of package was $1500. This would have made the room $992. So I called to have it changed. She basically told me:
1. Because it was a package she couldn't cancel and rebook and had to "Change the package" and said the AP package included breakfast at Leaky Cauldron and a photo shoot package along with keepsake luggage tags (essentially that is the Harry Potter Package).
2. I HAD TO go to park and get AP before I could even check in.

Since I was going to hotel on shuttle I didn't want to mess with all that hassle prior to checking in, but said "Well, I'll just figure it out" (Thinking in my mind I'd ask at hotel desk to make sure she wasn't full of it.) But she gave me total of new package and it was only going to save me $100 (basically I'd be paying most of the difference in hotel for all those extras I didn't want). Nope, forget that. I pay the extra $100, and keep my park time by not having to do the photo shoot thing and a late breakfast.

That is what I was thinking and I just saw dates for RP standard 2 queens opened up too and it would be closer to a $450 saving.
I did rebook at RP as both my dd and bf liked the look of the resort the best, but I will not be saving much from PB club level since I decided to surprise the crew with a king suite which is still $60/night less than PB club level deluxe. I figured I will order groceries for $50-100 and still be even with my previous res with a bigger room and the ability to give my dd11 some privacy. There are a lots of room categories opening up!

Can anyone confirm that the coffee for the kurig machine are not an extra charge (I saw a video showing a $4 charge for them) or should I bring my own?

I did rebook at RP as both my dd and bf liked the look of the resort the best, but I will not be saving much from PB club level since I decided to surprise the crew with a king suite which is still $60/night less than PB club level deluxe. I figured I will order groceries for $50-100 and still be even with my previous res with a bigger room and the ability to give my dd11 some privacy. There are a lots of room categories opening up!

Can anyone confirm that the coffee for the kurig machine are not an extra charge (I saw a video showing a $4 charge for them) or should I bring my own?

I’ve never paid for coffee provided in the room......:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!