Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Annual Pass Holder (APH) rates are currently available through:

Sightings have been reported of random dates thru mid March 2022

APH rate availability and the new release days tend to be rather random and unannounced.

This thread is a community based one, designed to help Universal Annual Pass Holders secure any discounted rates that may apply to their dates of stay. Please report your dates/findings of APH rates here, in order to help others secure their discounted lodging rates.

Who is eligible to book an APH rate?:

*APH rates are a perk & limited to those who have a valid APH at the time of arrival.

*Be prepared to produce an APH at checkin for validation or you risk being charged the current rack rate.

*If you need to upgrade existing tickets to an APH or plan on purchasing one when at the parks, you are required to return to the hotel’s checkin desk that day to show proof.

How do I search for and book an APH rate?:

Direct Loews Hotels link to book APH rates at the Loews Universal hotels:

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

Alternatively, Loews website (select Advanced Options & inputting Promotion Code of APH)

loewshotels.com

Many thanks to sandam1 for sharing the following information!

Historical APH Rate Release Dates:

Rates thruReleased on
5/1/2018 (not including spring break)1/1/2018
5/31/2018 & spring break1/25/2018
8/12/20184/3/2018
9/29/20184/12/2018
12/25/20187/26/2018
3/8/201910/9/2018
5/24/20191/8/2019
July 20193/15/2019
11/2/20194/15/2019
Mid-December 20196/4/2019
2/14/2020 & Christmas holidays9/18/2019
4/3/202012/18/2019
11/2020 (not including summer dates)2/10/2020
Some Summer 2020 dates2/25/2020
First few weeks of December 20207/20/2020
12/25/20207/27/2020
2/12/202111/3/2020
3/25/202111/12/2020
May 20212/3/2021
8/14/20212/26/2021
11/1/20215/26/2021

Last edited:
How do I apply an APH rate to my existing reservation?

1. make sure there is an APH rate available for the same type of room, dates & occupants. (Checking via the above link, Loews website or calling directly are all valid options.)

2. Then call Universal Loews @ 888-464-3617 and request that they apply the APH rate to your existing reservation, easy-peasy :)

3. The original deposit will remain in place.

4. Be prepared to produce proof of said APH at the time of checkin. If not, they can charge you the prevaiing rack rate for your stay. If you are planning to purchase an APH/redeem voucher at GS, make sure to return to the resort desk to prove it as early as possible, as your form of payment is generally charged for your stay the night prior to checkout.

5. If you want to handle the process entirely online, you could also first book the new reservation but would a new deposit to hold the room. Then, you would need to cancel the original one, and await a refund of the original deposit.

What if I want to switch my type of room to a different category or bedding configuration?

1. Inquire when you call. If the new category is available, you can modify. Naturally, any increased daily one-day rate will be due at this time.

What if I want to switch to a different onsite resort?

1. Unfortunately, even if staying for the same dates at a different property, your orignal deposit is not transferable to what is considered a totally new reservation number.

2. You must rebook the new reservation, then cancel the original one.

3. Allow up to five to seven business days for your form of payment to be credited from the original reservation’s cancellation.

Last edited:
Is this the thread to watch for new 2020 APH discount releases? It looks like discounts are out through Feb 13th, and I'm waiting on the weekend of the 14th. :crazy2:

Is this the thread to watch for new 2020 APH discount releases? It looks like discounts are out through Feb 13th, and I'm waiting on the weekend of the 14th. :crazy2:
I’ll take your word for it, thanks!

this is a community driven info type of thread.

please post your findings as to date. What APH rate would also be helpful

For the week of 1/13/20, the best "APH" rate I see for four people is $324 at HRH. Is that as good as it will get? That's not much different from what I've always paid without the AP. I thought this was a slowish time and rates would be down.

Thanks,

KC

For the week of 1/13/20, the best "APH" rate I see for four people is $324 at HRH. Is that as good as it will get? That's not much different from what I've always paid without the AP. I thought this was a slowish time and rates would be down.

Thanks,

KC

It looks like that's a deluxe 2 queen room? Personally, I'd book that, because I love that room type! But I'd keep an eye out for a lower rate room, because inventory does come and go. My guess is that you had a lower room category if you booked a similar rate without AP.

Annual Pass Holder (APH) rates are currently available through:

Thank you for all this information! Looking at our trip, we can pay only $48 more for me to buy the AP instead of our 2-day 2-park ticket and I can change from the Surfside Inn to the Royal Pacific for only $259 total for our whole stay!

Do you know if I can book two rooms with the AP rate since we are traveling with my in-laws? If so, that makes it an even better deal!

Thank you for all this information! Looking at our trip, we can pay only $48 more for me to buy the AP instead of our 2-day 2-park ticket and I can change from the Surfside Inn to the Royal Pacific for only $259 total for our whole stay!

Do you know if I can book two rooms with the AP rate since we are traveling with my in-laws? If so, that makes it an even better deal!

We have only tried this once with the AP and were told that you need 1 AP per room. My wife and I each had one, but none of our adult daughters do. The person that checked us in said my wife had to go in one room and I had to go in the other. So that's the way we checked in. We had no intention of actually splitting the rooms that way.

I didn't think about it until later, but that would have caused issues with our room keys opening the proper door. When we returned to get our room assignment (after they called us and said the room was ready), I explained to the person giving us our room and she had no issues moving us around to the proper rooms and still applying the discount.

Does anyone know when Universal will open up the Marsh APH discounts?

From the top post
APH rate availability and the new release days tend to be rather random and unannounced.
That's pretty accurate. The best advice is to just keep checking.

Here's what I do: I use the windsurfers link in the first post and set my dates and room capacity, then save that link. Then I just have to click that link every few days and see if an AP rate pops up. Takes a few seconds to check.

ETA: you can also just edit this part of that windsurfers URL: checkin=1/22/2018&nights=1&rooms=1&adults=2&children=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

change the check in date, nights, rooms, adults, and children number as appropriate, then save that as your link to check monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, etc. ;)

It doesn’t seem to be advertised but I just managed to get an AP rate at HRH for 20 December 2019 of US$ 254.

To add to cshaaf's suggestion, if you create a folder of bookmarks in your browser (I use Chrome but assume other browsers are similar), you can then right-click on the folder and click "Open All" to open each bookmark in a separate tab. I save each date I'm potentially interested in and open them all up at once. Save tons of time vs changing the dates around in a single window.

I booked two rooms with my AP pass last year at Royal Pacific. It was no problem. They actually gave me a key to both rooms and everyone else was assigned to a particular room.

HTH!

I guess like any answer when any level of customer service is involved, the answer is "It depends" ;)

The site will let me book two rooms under my name both at the AP rate. I figure I will buy my AP direct from Universal and the rest will get two day tickets from UT. If I end up needing a second AP for the second room, I’ll just have my husband or sister-in-law upgrade their ticket to an AP that day.

Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts