*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Hi, new to the group! Traveling with my son 4/23-5/1 at CBR.

We were supposed to do a cruise in April 2020, then cancelled it and booked WDW for May, then rescheduled for July, then rescheduled for November. Finally cancelled it and now we're booked for April 2021! Really glad to have something on the books, I always need a trip to look forward to. I'm planning this trip with us driving from TX just in case, although I hope we'll be able to fly since I don't want to spend 2 days on the road each way.

We've only gone to WDW in the fall, so this will be new for us. I tried to avoid spring break, summer and holidays, so I hope the lines will be better than they are right now!

We were supposed to do a cruise in April 2020, then cancelled it and booked WDW for May, then rescheduled for July, then rescheduled for November. Finally cancelled it and now we're booked for April 2021! Really glad to have something on the books, I always need a trip to look forward to. I'm planning this trip with us driving from TX just in case, although I hope we'll be able to fly since I don't want to spend 2 days on the road each way.

We've only gone to WDW in the fall, so this will be new for us. I tried to avoid spring break, summer and holidays, so I hope the lines will be better than they are right now!

Welcome! I added you to the list You join a long list of people who have had a trip (or more than one!) rescheduled from this year. I too enjoy the anticipation before the trip even if this one feels a little bit different.

Welcome! My daughter & I have a trip 4/21/21-4/26/21 & we have a pirate room. It's our first time at CBR & we're so excited!

Welcome! My daughter & I have a trip 4/21/21-4/26/21 & we have a pirate room. It's our first time at CBR & we're so excited!
It's our first time at CBR too! We've always done Pop and AOA. We love Skyliner, looking forward to quicker access to the parks!

Sept trip was amazing, even with some things missing! We ended up at CCV after 2 nights at POLY. POLY isnt for us. Anyway looking forward to April and the flowers in bloom! Spring is still hands down our fav time to be in WDW. Booked at BLT lake view 17-23. Only thing that may make us adjust our dates is flights/cost. New countdown is on!!

Sept trip was amazing, even with some things missing! We ended up at CCV after 2 nights at POLY. POLY isnt for us. Anyway looking forward to April and the flowers in bloom! Spring is still hands down our fav time to be in WDW. Booked at BLT lake view 17-23. Only thing that may make us adjust our dates is flights/cost. New countdown is on!!

Awesome! Glad to hear even the current circumstances led to a good trip. That's what I'm hoping for in April.

Just curious - what's your issue with the Poly? Is it the current limited experience there or just in general not your favorite?

Awesome! Glad to hear even the current circumstances led to a good trip. That's what I'm hoping for in April.

Just curious - what's your issue with the Poly? Is it the current limited experience there or just in general not your favorite?
Just in general not for us. We have visited POLY for many many years to eat/shop/wander. I always said it was just so packed with people passing through that we would never stay there, plus the amount of points is high. Well after cancelling aprils trip and moving to sept we did have some extra expiring points and a short time before our trip POLY std was still open and we thought what the heck, now would be the time with quieter grounds. The dining limits didnt bother us, but Capt cooks food tasted awful. The room felt dark, and smelled moldy to us, seems it was in the room but not in the heavily scented hallways. the balcony which we love to sit out at was impossible to see anything while sitting, and NO there wasnt a half wall like we had once at AKV ( and loved) the kicker was the hot water kept going out so after 2 nights I begged to move. The walkways around the resort didnt consistently have the nice tiki lighting and the background music running either, which music ok but the lighting should have been on. 2x we walked back from GV and it was very dark, too dark. the oasis pool also no atmosphere music, was told due to refurb?? really cause the main . pool had the POP music blaring. The monorail was still running when we were there but the check in guest services moved to a entrance at Pago Pago. That we didnt know until magical express dropped us off at the entrance to that bdl, and a CM was just pointing people to head to there rooms, it was very not magical at all, but that wasnt the main reason we moved, it was the old moldy smelling room, the stairwells on the outside of building to get up without using the elevators were horrible looking for a deluxe resort, they did redo the inside of the rooms, but it seemed like lipstick on an old pig. No thanks poly! Its ok, others will disagree and thats OK! many DVC for many and this was not for us. We have over the years stayed at AKV, BWV, BCV, WLV (BRV), CCV, BLT, OKW all studios!

Just in general not for us. We have visited POLY for many many years to eat/shop/wander. I always said it was just so packed with people passing through that we would never stay there, plus the amount of points is high. Well after cancelling aprils trip and moving to sept we did have some extra expiring points and a short time before our trip POLY std was still open and we thought what the heck, now would be the time with quieter grounds. The dining limits didnt bother us, but Capt cooks food tasted awful. The room felt dark, and smelled moldy to us, seems it was in the room but not in the heavily scented hallways. the balcony which we love to sit out at was impossible to see anything while sitting, and NO there wasnt a half wall like we had once at AKV ( and loved) the kicker was the hot water kept going out so after 2 nights I begged to move. The walkways around the resort didnt consistently have the nice tiki lighting and the background music running either, which music ok but the lighting should have been on. 2x we walked back from GV and it was very dark, too dark. the oasis pool also no atmosphere music, was told due to refurb?? really cause the main . pool had the POP music blaring. The monorail was still running when we were there but the check in guest services moved to a entrance at Pago Pago. That we didnt know until magical express dropped us off at the entrance to that bdl, and a CM was just pointing people to head to there rooms, it was very not magical at all, but that wasnt the main reason we moved, it was the old moldy smelling room, the stairwells on the outside of building to get up without using the elevators were horrible looking for a deluxe resort, they did redo the inside of the rooms, but it seemed like lipstick on an old pig. No thanks poly! Its ok, others will disagree and thats OK! many DVC for many and this was not for us. We have over the years stayed at AKV, BWV, BCV, WLV (BRV), CCV, BLT, OKW all studios!
also note that maintance had to go down to the "Boiler" room to fix the hot water heater that kept "tripping" he said it was very common there as those building all have original parts, yeah no thanks, it was not a fun time jumping out of a cold shower and tub. the whole split bathroom thing just isnt worth a stay there

I booked our return flight but I’m not happy with the prices for the flight there yet.
Under normal circumstances we always book for April in the summer before usually July. I was so focused on sept trip that I didnt book and now Jetblues prices are nuts. Not sure if I should adjust our trip dates to Tues to Tues and book that. Its a bit tolerable with the credits we have. The dates we have now are not doable price wise at all

We are booked, but we had a credit from May 2020, so technically, we didn't pay anything! :D
I have credit on JB and some on SW from another trip I wwas supposed to take in June. the JB credit was from our april flights, but at the prices now it doesnt cover the whole flight.

Under normal circumstances we always book for April in the summer before usually July. I was so focused on sept trip that I didnt book and now Jetblues prices are nuts. Not sure if I should adjust our trip dates to Tues to Tues and book that. Its a bit tolerable with the credits we have. The dates we have now are not doable price wise at all

You'd think they'd want to entice people to fly by offering better rates but I guess not!

which leg did you already buy??

My return trip. I had more flexibility on that one and a bunch of flights at similar times were all relatively cheap. My outgoing flight, I'm only really looking at one specific flight, so it's just a waiting (and hoping) game for now

My return trip. I had more flexibility on that one and a bunch of flights at similar times were all relatively cheap. My outgoing flight, I'm only really looking at one specific flight, so it's just a waiting (and hoping) game for now
my dates are 17-23 right now and we wanted to add a night, but thinking of switching dates to 20-27 tues to tues so possibly get cheaper flights, the sat -sat is nuts and since I didnt jump on release day it wont ever get better from now on.

So I had too much time on my hands today... changed dates to April 20-27, Changed resort to BWV garden/pool view.
Requested Village Green. Booked air on Jetblue , and Booked Tiffany Town Car.
Think I'm done till we can book ADR's at 60 days out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter