*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I actually just booked my flight to MCO this morning. The flight I was looking at had been stubbornly staying at $229 per person for weeks, but was $96 when I looked today. So I'll take it! I'm still skeptical that things will be going well in the world at large by that point, but I'm pushing forward as if I'll be able to go on this trip. Fingers crossed!

I actually just booked my flight to MCO this morning. The flight I was looking at had been stubbornly staying at $229 per person for weeks, but was $96 when I looked today. So I'll take it! I'm still skeptical that things will be going well in the world at large by that point, but I'm pushing forward as if I'll be able to go on this trip. Fingers crossed!
I figure if we went in sept and came home healthy I can hope April will be great!!!

I figure if we went in sept and came home healthy I can hope April will be great!!!

Oh, I believe that. I'm more worried about travel quarantine restrictions for my (very restrictive) state. I don't know how our jobs (and more importantly, our kids' school) will feel if the quarantine is still in effect. It has the potential to torpedo this long awaited trip.

Oh, I believe that. I'm more worried about travel quarantine restrictions for my (very restrictive) state. I don't know how our jobs (and more importantly, our kids' school) will feel if the quarantine is still in effect. It has the potential to torpedo this long awaited trip.
we tested the day we returned and stayed home until the NEG test came back. Hubby works essential worker and just took one extra day off after the neg test came back. I work with kids of all ages and needed that NEG test to show before returning to work, I totally get it!! Do you live in MA too?

we tested the day we returned and stayed home until the NEG test came back. Hubby works essential worker and just took one extra day off after the neg test came back. I work with kids of all ages and needed that NEG test to show before returning to work, I totally get it!! Do you live in MA too?

No, we're New York, which right now has quarantine orders on just about every state in the country! I'm honestly not sure what we would need if it came to it, but we've got a long way to go before it really becomes an issue. I just hate looking at the numbers and being depressed every day, but I can't look away.

I don't want to bring the thread down (this is supposed to be my happy place) so as I said, I'm hoping for the best and planning as if it's happening as of now. I couldn't pass up that great airfare when I saw it.

No, we're New York, which right now has quarantine orders on just about every state in the country! I'm honestly not sure what we would need if it came to it, but we've got a long way to go before it really becomes an issue. I just hate looking at the numbers and being depressed every day, but I can't look away.

I don't want to bring the thread down (this is supposed to be my happy place) so as I said, I'm hoping for the best and planning as if it's happening as of now. I couldn't pass up that great airfare when I saw it.
Hoping things get better!! been hard to keep hopeful, totally understand.

I really, truly think we will be in a much better place come next March/April.

The next couple months will be the worst then I think we will come out of it. And when things turn around, they turn around pretty fast!

Do I think masks, etc. will go away? Maybe not but I think numbers will get much better.

I really, truly think we will be in a much better place come next March/April.

The next couple months will be the worst then I think we will come out of it. And when things turn around, they turn around pretty fast!

Do I think masks, etc. will go away? Maybe not but I think numbers will get much better.

I sure hope so. I do think we're looking at some rough waters for the fall/winter but as I keep saying, April is still pretty far away and a lot can happen before then. My logic is also that at least SOME people will have this vaccine in the next six months, right? That would have to lower the numbers just from that, even if it hasn't gotten to our group yet.

I'm already resigned to masks. It is what it is at this point. One problem at a time - can I go? After that, I'll complain about restrictions, what's not open, etc :)

I booked ASMo Apr 11-16, 2021 first thing this morning. It’s not our regular resort but at least we will be home. Booked with the room discount. Haven’t been able to go at all this year but nothing will be stopping us in April unless they close the loophole for Canadian’s being able to fly.

I booked ASMo Apr 11-16, 2021 first thing this morning. It’s not our regular resort but at least we will be home. Booked with the room discount. Haven’t been able to go at all this year but nothing will be stopping us in April unless they close the loophole for Canadian’s being able to fly.

Alright, I’ve got you on the list. I saw the discounts this morning (I should probably update the first post) so I’m glad you got to take advantage of it

With the new offer - We are now staying at the grand Floridian from April 3-10 instead of the contemporary!

You’re from NY? Are you flying out of JFK?

We sure are. Last time we flew out of LGA, but they're basically the same distance from my house so we've got options. This time the JFK one was more appealing.
Ah ok! I’m on the border of Nassau and Suffolk so I sometimes go out of MacArthur.

Ah ok! I’m on the border of Nassau and Suffolk so I sometimes go out of MacArthur.

I generally prefer JetBlue and the flexibility that comes with the larger airports but we’ve done MacArthur before. You must be right near me - we live in Farmingdale

I generally prefer JetBlue and the flexibility that comes with the larger airports but we’ve done MacArthur before. You must be right near me - we live in Farmingdale
We are! I’m in Massapequa! I prefer JFK to LaGuardia though for sure.

Hi everybody! We just booked a trip for April 11-17, staying at Coronado Springs. Like almost everybody else here, we were scheduled for 2020 (March, then June, then October), but I'm crossing my fingers that April will really happen. Jacq7414 and Roscoe18, we also fly out of LGA or JFK so I have been looking at flights from both, wondering if I should wait or just buy, since we have a decent credit from American Airlines. $96 sounds amazing!

And to echo many others, this feels like a really new experience for me -- I have been to Disney 10-ish times (twice with our son, who is now 5) and I really thought I had it all down -- but time to learn some new things, I guess!

Hi everybody! We just booked a trip for April 11-17, staying at Coronado Springs. Like almost everybody else here, we were scheduled for 2020 (March, then June, then October), but I'm crossing my fingers that April will really happen. Jacq7414 and Roscoe18, we also fly out of LGA or JFK so I have been looking at flights from both, wondering if I should wait or just buy, since we have a decent credit from American Airlines. $96 sounds amazing!

And to echo many others, this feels like a really new experience for me -- I have been to Disney 10-ish times (twice with our son, who is now 5) and I really thought I had it all down -- but time to learn some new things, I guess!
I’m kind of nervous to book flights right now though. But I did price it Easter week out of LGA and it was pretty cheap. I’m a teacher and I can’t go there if it’s still on the quarantine list. They won’t cover me to quarantine for 2 weeks for that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter