*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I totally understand! With my son in school we couldn't quarantine, either. I'm just hoping for generous cancellation policies if things get/stay bad and we still have travel restrictions in NY and CT ...

Yeah, I already had some travel credits from a cancelled trip (first WDW in May, then a potential Universal trip we elected to cancel) and JetBlue keeps pushing back the date you’re allowed to cancel. We’re all in the same boat! Hope that quarantine order is lifted before we go!

Some updates from us! After talking to my son, we switched to Kidani Village -- we stayed at Jambo House last time, and he he loved the animals so much he wanted to say at the same (approximate) place. This time we have a Savannah View studio, and we are super excited about the view! Roscoe18, if you could update me in the first post I'd appreciate it!

I also just booked our flights since we had a travel credit, and current prices from Bradley (we're living in CT for the year) were almost equal to our travel credit, while LGA prices seem to be rising right now.

Still crossing my fingers in so many ways, but it's exciting to have the basics all set! Just 161 days to go ... :)

Last edited:

Some updates from us! After talking to my son, we switched to Kidani Village -- we stayed at Jambo House last time, and he he loved the animals so much he wanted to say at the same (approximate) place. This time we have a Savannah View studio, and we are super excited about the view! Roscoe18, if you could update me in the first post I'd appreciate it!

I also just booked our flights since we had a travel credit, and current prices from Bradley (we're living in CT for the year) were almost equal to our travel credit, while LGA prices seem to be rising right now.

Still crossing my fingers in so many ways, but it's exciting to have the basics all set! Just 161 days to go ... :)

You're updated!

I’m not going to cancel yet, but with these new rules from NYS about testing we may have to cancel. I was hoping FL would be off of the NYS quarantine list by then, but this new rule puts us in a pickle. I don’t know where I’d be able to get a test in FL while at Disney, get our results back in 3 days and then have to at least quarantine for 3 days and have a repeat test and wait for those results. I really can’t miss that much work and I doubt my school would be ok with this.

I am waiting until the cancel date where I can get a refund, but i am starting to lose hope things will change by then 😩

Jacq7414, maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I really do think that testing will get better and faster between now and April -- and maybe the virus will, too. I'm sure there there will be something to negotiate with, but hopefully it will be much easier to deal with. Thinking of you, don't lose hope!!

Jacq7414, maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I really do think that testing will get better and faster between now and April -- and maybe the virus will, too. I'm sure there there will be something to negotiate with, but hopefully it will be much easier to deal with. Thinking of you, don't lose hope!!
I hope you are right! This is from a rescheduled trip from the summer 😭

I’m an optimist often to my detriment (I still can’t believe that I was convinced we would be able to go to WDW this past April!). My wife works in biotech and her sense is that by February there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and maybe by April there will be enough vaccinations of key populations (first responders, health care providers, seniors, and immunology-compromised people) that travel can loosen up. It may be that we will still need masks at Disney in April but I’ll take that over not going at all. Considering we rented points for this trip (after three trips in the past 7 years why does the one time we rent points come back and bite us!), it’s pretty much April or bust!

I’m an optimist often to my detriment (I still can’t believe that I was convinced we would be able to go to WDW this past April!). My wife works in biotech and her sense is that by February there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and maybe by April there will be enough vaccinations of key populations (first responders, health care providers, seniors, and immunology-compromised people) that travel can loosen up. It may be that we will still need masks at Disney in April but I’ll take that over not going at all. Considering we rented points for this trip (after three trips in the past 7 years why does the one time we rent points come back and bite us!), it’s pretty much April or bust!
Hoping!!! I would hate to disappoint my 4 year old again. We ended up rescheduling out 2021 Disney cruise to 2022.

Thanks for this jpakstis, and to your wife for her expertise! That is sort of what I'm imagining/hoping for. I am definitely expecting that all the restrictions that are there now will still be there, and that's OK me. As you say, better than not going at all!

I’m not going to cancel yet, but with these new rules from NYS about testing we may have to cancel. I was hoping FL would be off of the NYS quarantine list by then, but this new rule puts us in a pickle. I don’t know where I’d be able to get a test in FL while at Disney, get our results back in 3 days and then have to at least quarantine for 3 days and have a repeat test and wait for those results. I really can’t miss that much work and I doubt my school would be ok with this.

I am waiting until the cancel date where I can get a refund, but i am starting to lose hope things will change by then 😩

I'm feeling the same way here, and all I can say is that there's still time for things to change. The numbers are going up in many places, which is why the rules are changing. If they were to go down, I expect Cuomo would change his criteria too. The question is how fast and how much. The quarantine order - whatever it may be - will be our number one problem in terms of going in April.

With the new discounts, we moved our trip a couple of weeks earlier to save a few hundred dollars. Now going April 8-16, still at CBR. Moved to a pirate room, my son said he'd take the longer walk to sleep in a pirate ship bed, lol.

I fully expect 2021 to look a lot like it does now with regard to COVID-19 through at least the summer. So long as WDW does something to keep line waits manageable (FP, virtual queues, whatever) we will go. Masks don't bother us at all, although we will miss Fantasmic a lot. Long lines with a 6yo are my biggest worry.

With the new discounts, we moved our trip a couple of weeks earlier to save a few hundred dollars. Now going April 8-16, still at CBR. Moved to a pirate room, my son said he'd take the longer walk to sleep in a pirate ship bed, lol.

I fully expect 2021 to look a lot like it does now with regard to COVID-19 through at least the summer. So long as WDW does something to keep line waits manageable (FP, virtual queues, whatever) we will go. Masks don't bother us at all, although we will miss Fantasmic a lot. Long lines with a 6yo are my biggest worry.

I updated you. As long as your dates were flexible, I think you made the right call in moving it up so you could save some money.

I updated you. As long as your dates were flexible, I think you made the right call in moving it up so you could save some money.
Pre-COVID i thought my son would be in starting school this year, but I decided to homeschool so we are much more flexible than usual!

Hey everyone! Due to my husband having major surgery we moved our trip from January to April! Gonna be tough to wait another 3 months for the trip but I'll appreciate it when our original trip was supposed to be over and I still have it to look forward to in April. Can't wait to go!

Hey everyone! Due to my husband having major surgery we moved our trip from January to April! Gonna be tough to wait another 3 months for the trip but I'll appreciate it when our original trip was supposed to be over and I still have it to look forward to in April. Can't wait to go!

Best of health to your husband's surgery and recovery. ☺

I just canceled my January trip and now looking at April.
I should book just to get the discounted rate and hotel I want.
Stay safe all!!

HI
April will be the 1st of 3 trips I make in a 12 month period. We get annual passes and use 3 years of DVC points in the 12 months to save some money tickets.

We arrive 4/19 to a yet to be determined USO Premium Hotel
Then we transfer over to Disney's SSR Congress Park on 4/22 for an 8 night stay

We come back in late Sep in time to celebrate the 50th for 2 days in Oct VWL. The 3rd trip is still up in the air. If my sister comes, we will go @ Xmas time. If not, I will be back in Feb 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter