****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Sounds fabulous Gina!
If you need a "night before park and fly" hotel for Buffalo let me know. We stayed at one in May and were very happy with it. 105 for the night and 11 days of parking with a free breakfast and reliable shuttle!

Also there are coupons for Airport Parking on the Buffalo airport website and a place called the Parking Spot that puts coupons in our local flyers. I'd be happy to mail you one if needed:)

We use Buffalo all the time so if you have any questions at all I'll answer what I can!:)

You are too sweet :goodvibes . Thanks for the kind offer. We have actually booked a park and fly hotel already....the Days Inn....chosen solely on the fact that they have a Tim Hortons onsite, and DH wants a final good coffee before he's stuck drinking Dunkin Donuts crap for a week :rotfl: . Yes, we are that pathetic!!!

I may have to tap into your wealth of Buffalo flying knowledge before we depart. We have become so accustomed to Syracuse, I am actually a little nervous about changing airports!!

You are too sweet :goodvibes . Thanks for the kind offer. We have actually booked a park and fly hotel already....the Days Inn....chosen solely on the fact that they have a Tim Hortons onsite, and DH wants a final good coffee before he's stuck drinking Dunkin Donuts crap for a week :rotfl: . Yes, we are that pathetic!!!

I may have to tap into your wealth of Buffalo flying knowledge before we depart. We have become so accustomed to Syracuse, I am actually a little nervous about changing airports!!

Well feel free to pm me with any questions. I am happy to help. There is a really good outlet mall in Niagara Falls, NY as well so if you end up going early you may want to hit it on the way.:)

And Buffalo airport is small and very easy to navigate so no worries there. We love it and choose it over Toronto any time we can!

pigletto said:
Oh and to answer bounce back plans. Nope.. didn't book it. I think we plan on a trip to the mountains next summer and I just didn't want to make a deposit while we were there.

February is still a toss up in my mind. I have AP's and this would be the last trip with them. I even have one leg of our flights booked. I'm just not feeling it right now. It will be a few days at Disney and a Royal Caribbean cruise or a week at a value for us. We've spent all of our trip/fun money on Disney for the last few years and it's starting to wear a little thin with me. I don't know if I need a change or it's just too soon after the last trip.

THat's us too...I think we need a change ofnpace next yr. We have a March Break cruise booked out of BAltimore. Summer we will do a week somewhere...maybe West Coast or somewhere. MY friends and I are still debating.

LOL I think people seriously underestimate the Timmy Ho's addiction.

Buffalo is such a tiny airport. Once you get thru security, which is right when you walk in pretty much, you either go left (Us airways) or right (all other airlines) to your gate. It's just one long stretch. I love the jetBlue gates, they're the first ones to the right and Anchor Bar is right next to them so can get a quick wing fix :)

heres the terminal map, it is really quite an easy airport
http://www.buffaloairport.com/TerminalMap.asp

Well feel free to pm me with any questions. I am happy to help. There is a really good outlet mall in Niagara Falls, NY as well so if you end up going early you may want to hit it on the way.:)

And Buffalo airport is small and very easy to navigate so no worries there. We love it and choose it over Toronto any time we can!

LOL I think people seriously underestimate the Timmy Ho's addiction.

Buffalo is such a tiny airport. Once you get thru security, which is right when you walk in pretty much, you either go left (Us airways) or right (all other airlines) to your gate. It's just one long stretch. I love the jetBlue gates, they're the first ones to the right and Anchor Bar is right next to them so can get a quick wing fix :)

heres the terminal map, it is really quite an easy airport
http://www.buffaloairport.com/TerminalMap.asp

Thanks for the reassurance on the Buffalo airport :goodvibes . The layout sounds just like Syracuse :thumbsup2 . By the sound of it, my only worry should be about dealing with Toronto traffic on the first weekend of summer vacation :drive: . And the weather.....that's a big one to fret about!! :crazy2:

And pigletto.......thanks for the tip on the outlet mall in NF. As you can tell from my TR, my boy likes to shop :p .

Oh, and SenecaWolf....never heard of the Anchor Bar. My boys are big wing lovers (ah heck, who am I kidding? they like food in general :rolleyes2) so this might be one we have to check out coming home. Our flight out is at 7:55 in the morning so I'm guessing they won't be serving at that time of day!!!

Yikes, just thought of one question for you both.....is there an Olive Garden anywhere near the airport?

There's an Olive Garden that we go to right on the same strip of road as the Walden Galleria which is the huge Buffalo Mall. It's a good mall and not too far from the airport either:)

The Anchor Bar chain is the "Home of the Original Buffalo Chicken Wing!". So it's a must do if you have a little time. Which reminds me that I was going to get a few bottles of the Buffalo Sauce for dh's stocking this year and I forgot. That man will order "Buffalo Chicken" anything everywhere we go:rotfl:

As SenecaWolf said the Anchor Bar in the airport is literally right across from the Jetblue seating areas!:)

You all are making me want to fly instead of drive next time! We drove through buffalo at 3am and had to stop at duty free for a last timmies. Wings would have been awesome!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There's an Olive Garden that we go to right on the same strip of road as the Walden Galleria which is the huge Buffalo Mall. It's a good mall and not too far from the airport either:)

The Anchor Bar chain is the "Home of the Original Buffalo Chicken Wing!". So it's a must do if you have a little time. Which reminds me that I was going to get a few bottles of the Buffalo Sauce for dh's stocking this year and I forgot. That man will order "Buffalo Chicken" anything everywhere we go:rotfl:

As SenecaWolf said the Anchor Bar in the airport is literally right across from the Jetblue seating areas!:)

The boys are totally sold. Guess I know where our final meal of the trip will be!

I haven't had a chance to post since we got back. September was a crazy month but it sound like every one had a great time.
If anyone was at MK on Aug 28, my family were the grand marshals of the parade!!! It almost didn't happen because of the rain that afternoon, but it was the most amazing experience EVER!!!!
I just had to share that with people who would totally get that. (Most people in the really world have no clue. ). Lol.

Greenfairy said:
I haven't had a chance to post since we got back. September was a crazy month but it sound like every one had a great time.
If anyone was at MK on Aug 28, my family were the grand marshals of the parade!!! It almost didn't happen because of the rain that afternoon, but it was the most amazing experience EVER!!!!
I just had to share that with people who would totally get that. (Most people in the really world have no clue. ). Lol.

OMG!! That's amazing. And yes...we get just how magical that would be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter