*** Official August 2020 thread ***

We are bouncing back the week 8/10 at GF and have free dining. Hoping that week has typical Aug crowds with a late Labor Day, although I see a lot of Florida counties back on 8/10. Will be keeping an eye out for better deals but at least we are locked in at lower cost. Hate Aug heat but so much less expensive

Booked with FD Bounce back... August 1st-15th at Pop! Also have reservations for spring break. Plans might change as we do the math on different scenarios... we are APs and have many Marriott points. We loved our previous three August trips, heat and all! Only concern is that parks might be much busier at the start of the month... How are the crowds at the start of August compared to Spring Break?
You've been added to the Roll Call. Congratulations :)

No solid dates yet; waiting for the school calendar to be released.
Maryland's governor had mandated that all schools had to start after Labor day, but he got overturned for next year. Now all the schools get to plan their own dates and I won't know until Dec or even Jan when the school year in 2020 will start :( Gonna miss the 11 month date!
Plan to go the last week of summer before DS goes to High School! (ACK!) Hope to stay at a Wilderness Lodge cabin. From what I've seen, those are around up to the 7 mth mark, so should be able to still get one. (crosses fingers)

No solid dates yet; waiting for the school calendar to be released.
Maryland's governor had mandated that all schools had to start after Labor day, but he got overturned for next year. Now all the schools get to plan their own dates and I won't know until Dec or even Jan when the school year in 2020 will start :( Gonna miss the 11 month date!
Plan to go the last week of summer before DS goes to High School! (ACK!) Hope to stay at a Wilderness Lodge cabin. From what I've seen, those are around up to the 7 mth mark, so should be able to still get one. (crosses fingers)
Well, I hope it works out for you. Just let me know when things have firmed up, and I'll get you added to the Roll Call :)

Hi everyone. DD and I just returned on Sunday after a great week in the World. We booked a bounceback for next year for our whole family of four. We will be at ASMu August 10-16. It's earlier in the month than we usually go, but we have to be back before DS returns to college.

Hi everyone. DD and I just returned on Sunday after a great week in the World. We booked a bounceback for next year for our whole family of four. We will be at ASMu August 10-16. It's earlier in the month than we usually go, but we have to be back before DS returns to college.
You have been added to the roll call. Happy Planning!

I am so bummed we didn't book the bounceback, ugggh. We have never booked a bounceback because we have never done Free Dining since it hadn't made sense before, but this 2020 trip it will finally work out but of course I forgot and they wont budge at all on the phone to let me book it.

I am so bummed we didn't book the bounceback, ugggh. We have never booked a bounceback because we have never done Free Dining since it hadn't made sense before, but this 2020 trip it will finally work out but of course I forgot and they wont budge at all on the phone to let me book it.

I did that a several years ago. I didn't book the bounceback, and 2 months later we decided we were going to go again. I was so mad at myself. It made me crazy until the discounts for August came out. So I wish you lots of Pixie Dust that a Free Dining offer comes out for you.

I did that a several years ago. I didn't book the bounceback, and 2 months later we decided we were going to go again. I was so mad at myself. It made me crazy until the discounts for August came out. So I wish you lots of Pixie Dust that a Free Dining offer comes out for you.

Thanks! Yeah I don't know why I didn't book it. I mean I knew we were going back next year and I could always change or cancel it. I guess I was so consumed with wondering if Free Dining will be good for us I paralyzed myself haha.

Thanks! Yeah I don't know why I didn't book it. I mean I knew we were going back next year and I could always change or cancel it. I guess I was so consumed with wondering if Free Dining will be good for us I paralyzed myself haha.
On the positive side, it is quite likely that if a room only discount comes out, and you take advantage of that, then only purchase the food you actually want, instead of trying to use all of your dining credits, you will end up saving more money than you would have with the free dining offer.

On the positive side, it is quite likely that if a room only discount comes out, and you take advantage of that, then only purchase the food you actually want, instead of trying to use all of your dining credits, you will end up saving more money than you would have with the free dining offer.

That is what I was originally thinking but staying at Pop in August the rack rate avg is around $170 so even if it ends up being a 25% off that is $42.50 per day. I was thinking for this trip the free dining would work to our advantage since 4 counter services and 4 snacks in total per day for DW and I would come to more than $42.50 per day (and honestly we would probably spend more than $42.40 per day out of pocket for food as well). That is why I am still hoping to snag it if they do it again for general public or Visa cardholders again next August. I may even upgrade to the regular dining package because with DS getting older we are doing more and more sit downs and character meals. But I guess we shall see.

Hi Everyone. So, I have already made a change. I didn't realize when I booked that ASMu still had double beds. There will be 4 of us including DS 19 and DD 17. We need bigger beds. So I was able to change our reservation over to Pop where we can get queen size beds.

Hi Everyone. So, I have already made a change. I didn't realize when I booked that ASMu still had double beds. There will be 4 of us including DS 19 and DD 17. We need bigger beds. So I was able to change our reservation over to Pop where we can get queen size beds.
First change for the 2020 thread lol. Roll Call has been updated.

That is what I was originally thinking but staying at Pop in August the rack rate avg is around $170 so even if it ends up being a 25% off that is $42.50 per day. I was thinking for this trip the free dining would work to our advantage since 4 counter services and 4 snacks in total per day for DW and I would come to more than $42.50 per day (and honestly we would probably spend more than $42.40 per day out of pocket for food as well). That is why I am still hoping to snag it if they do it again for general public or Visa cardholders again next August. I may even upgrade to the regular dining package because with DS getting older we are doing more and more sit downs and character meals. But I guess we shall see.
Last year fd for August came out right at the beginning of January. So be on the lookout early. Maybe you won’t have to wait too long. Good luck! :goodvibes

Hi August friends! Joining in for next year again too. The heat wasn't too bad, only one day really bothered me. Booked the FD bounce back. For now we are at the Contemporary 8/19-8/26. Hoping something would open up at Polynesian, all they had was club level and with FD I can't see paying so much extra. For now I'm just happy DH agreed to a third year in a row!

Hi August friends! Joining in for next year again too. The heat wasn't too bad, only one day really bothered me. Booked the FD bounce back. For now we are at the Contemporary 8/19-8/26. Hoping something would open up at Polynesian, all they had was club level and with FD I can't see paying so much extra. For now I'm just happy DH agreed to a third year in a row!
Well, welcome back :) You have been added to the Roll Call.

We were at WDW 2 weeks ago (awesome trip!) and booked a bounceback. July 31-August 7 at Sports. It's not 100% sure we will actually go, but it's good to have something on the books. I don't like being that early in August, but DS is going to be a HS senior, so he can't miss school. The kids HATE to go on vacation the week before school starts, too. Usually they start the last week of August, but they have been talking about moving that up, so I thought better safe than sorry and went with week one!

DH & I talked last weekend & we might be going back next summer. There’s a lot of big ifs like if he needs to get a new car, if there are any deals, sports schedules, etc.

So for now I’m just following along.

I’m kicking myself for not booking a BB. Hopefully deals come out.

We were at WDW 2 weeks ago (awesome trip!) and booked a bounceback. July 31-August 7 at Sports. It's not 100% sure we will actually go, but it's good to have something on the books. I don't like being that early in August, but DS is going to be a HS senior, so he can't miss school. The kids HATE to go on vacation the week before school starts, too. Usually they start the last week of August, but they have been talking about moving that up, so I thought better safe than sorry and went with week one!

You have been added to the Roll Call . . . took me HOURS . . . dunno what was going on, keyboard was in some kind of fit lol.

DH & I talked last weekend & we might be going back next summer. There’s a lot of big ifs like if he needs to get a new car, if there are any deals, sports schedules, etc.

So for now I’m just following along.

I’m kicking myself for not booking a BB. Hopefully deals come out.

I patiently await word to add you to the Roll Call. In the meantime, I will keep my fingers crossed for his car to hold in there, and good deals to come your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter