*** Official August 2020 thread ***

SO.....I did a thing today!! I booked a trip for DH and I for Aug 18-22 at the GFV!!! We had a family trip for our youngest DS's graduation from HS booked for June and that got cancelled and rebooked for December 17-23rd.

BUT with the DVC points I had that were being used for the June trip were 2018 banked to 2019 and were expiring Aug 30th. so it was either use them or transfer them to RCI - and I posed a question to DH knowing he wouldnt go for a trip in Aug - but he DID! So I booked it today!

*Fingers crossed* Disney is up and running by then!

We are a 7/31-8/8 trip at YC. If they are open we will come. SW changed our flights slightly both ways but still non stop and not by much. It’s a girls trip of myself and my two teenage daughters. Positive thoughts always :rainbow:

Well, first off, welcome to all the new faces. You all certainly have been busy!

Hi all! My sister and our girls will be (hopefully) enjoying a weekend at Pop Century at the end of August. We plan on shopping at Disney Springs, eating out and some pool time. We also have tickets to MNSSHP so fingers crossed that we will get to experience this, as it will be their first time going to the party and I haven’t been since 2008.

Aug 27 - Aug 30 bama belle POP

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

MNSSHP, how exciting . . . my fingers are crossed for you.

Please add us to the list of determined August travelers. Aug 22-25 YC and Aug 25-Sept 13 BWI

Please add us to the list of hopeful and determined August travelers. Our flights were super low when we booked and would hate to have to change them. Aug 22-Aug 25 YC Aug 25-Sept 13 BWI

You have been added to the list. Happy Planning!

We will be at WL 8/22-8/30, fingers crossed 🤞! We had to reschedule our March trip that was canceled.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

SO.....I did a thing today!! I booked a trip for DH and I for Aug 18-22 at the GFV!!! We had a family trip for our youngest DS's graduation from HS booked for June and that got cancelled and rebooked for December 17-23rd.

BUT with the DVC points I had that were being used for the June trip were 2018 banked to 2019 and were expiring Aug 30th. so it was either use them or transfer them to RCI - and I posed a question to DH knowing he wouldnt go for a trip in Aug - but he DID! So I booked it today!

*Fingers crossed* Disney is up and running by then!

My fingers are crossed for you too :) Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

We are a 7/31-8/8 trip at YC. If they are open we will come. SW changed our flights slightly both ways but still non stop and not by much. It’s a girls trip of myself and my two teenage daughters. Positive thoughts always :rainbow:

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

So we have Villains AH tickets sitting in June, but now that we have moved our trip to August we can't use them. Anyone have any luck with refunds?

So we have Villains AH tickets sitting in June, but now that we have moved our trip to August we can't use them. Anyone have any luck with refunds?
SORTA - we had tickets for Villains AH for June as well and then moved that trip to December and since the MMVCP tickets aren't out yet Ticketing was able to "return" those tickets and apply the credit towards upgrading Gold APs that I had purchased (but not yet used) for DH and I since our new dates were blackout dates for Gold so we had to upgrade to Premium. They also moved the 7-day park hopper tickets originally purchased through UT to our new dates in December..

Now, DH and I have a kid-free trip booked for Aug and I'm looking at getting tickets to MNSCHP but I'm waiting a little longer..

Anyway - call Ticketing as they were SUPER helpful!

How are we all feeling everyone?! This week I'm feeling pretty optimist for our August 16 trip 🤞🏼
VERY POSITIVE!!!
Me too! I think the guidelines released today seem reasonable. Hopefully we are past phase 1/2 by mid August. Our family has discussed even if there's limited offerings we are going as we need the vacation from all of this. Spending 2 weeks at Disney even in a limited capacity is better than what we've been through for the last 6 weeks plus the next 6.

Me too! I think the guidelines released today seem reasonable. Hopefully we are past phase 1/2 by mid August. Our family has discussed even if there's limited offerings we are going as we need the vacation from all of this. Spending 2 weeks at Disney even in a limited capacity is better than what we've been through for the last 6 weeks plus the next 6.
the rumored guidelines? or did i miss something?

I AGREE!! I read the guidelines and I'm OK with them!! And I had to run out today looking for toilet paper, which was a fail :headache:, BUT I did find antibacterial hand wipes! SCORE!! Just what I needed for wiping down stuff at Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter