*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Hi All!

So excited for our 8/8-8/12 trip. Originally started out at CBR then got a (much appreciated thoroughly awesome) upgrade to BWI!

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

Hi all! going to Cabana Bay, 19th august for 2 weeks. Doing Universal, KSC, Disney, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens. Been twice before, once when I was little, the second time, we got engaged in Cinderella's Royal table, now it's our honeymoon!

Can't wait, be interesting to see how busy it is.

Ross.

If you'd like to be added to the roll call, give me the exact dates, and I'll get it posted for you.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

If you'd like to be added to the roll call, give me the exact dates, and I'll get it posted for you.
Of course sorry. August 19th to Sep 3rd

Thanks!
Ross

Just booked BLT August 1-5. First trip with small kids (ages 3 and 7) in a long time. I know it’s a short trip but hoping to squeeze a fair amount in.

Those of you who are hoping for after hours events and MNSSHP dates in August...how do you plan your dining? I know I did this last year, but I feel like it was easier to guess which dates would be parties last year. In general, I know that most of what I book at 180 days will ultimately change (such a waste of time really) but I need to get set days for 'ohana and the Snow White Character meal -- those are not easy to change for a family of 5.

Just booked BLT August 1-5. First trip with small kids (ages 3 and 7) in a long time. I know it’s a short trip but hoping to squeeze a fair amount in.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

Those of you who are hoping for after hours events and MNSSHP dates in August...how do you plan your dining? I know I did this last year, but I feel like it was easier to guess which dates would be parties last year. In general, I know that most of what I book at 180 days will ultimately change (such a waste of time really) but I need to get set days for 'ohana and the Snow White Character meal -- those are not easy to change for a family of 5.

I generally look at the dates from the previous year, pay attention to what days of the week the parties are, and use that as a guideline to help me avoid planning an important meal (such as Ohana) on a night when they typically hold a party, or after hours event.

Upgraded our tickets to APs after our NYE trip and just booked BCV for AUG 15--22. Hoping for MNSSHP dates soon (using this as a guide for now for the PP who was asking: https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/2020...tart-date-will-be-earlier-than-ever-this-year ) and attending an H2O Glo (this was our favourite event last Aug) https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/01/h2o-glow-nights-event-returning-to.html

I had an AP last year, and absolutely loved it. Between the free Memory Maker, the parking, and the discounts on merch and food, it more than paid for it's self over the course of 2 10 day trips!

You've been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

Today was my last day of modifying the DVC stay so we are officially all booked for BWV!! Now on to planning dining.

FYI to those wondering MNSSHP dates the August calendar has been updated and reflects the 6pm closings.

Today was my last day of modifying the DVC stay so we are officially all booked for BWV!! Now on to planning dining.

FYI to those wondering MNSSHP dates the August calendar has been updated and reflects the 6pm closings.
I can't seem to find this calendar (I only see July). Can you link that calendar please? TIA

Thursday August 13th is a 6:00pm close - MNSSHP? Last year we went to the first party night (it was Friday August 16th). It was our first party - would love to go again. Is this likely the first party date?

Thursday August 13th is a 6:00pm close - MNSSHP? Last year we went to the first party night (it was Friday August 16th). It was our first party - would love to go again. Is this likely the first party date?
Everything I've read points to that being the first one.... 3 days earlier than lasts years. I just wish they also started Food and Wine earlier this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter