*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Tomh

1100 miles too far North.
Welcome to the August 2021 thread. Come on in, and join the fun planning for an August 2021 Disney World vacation!
I'm posting this thread a bit earlier this year since so many are cancelling their August 2020 trips, and hoping to reschedule to 2021. I hope to make this thread even better than the August 2020 thread. If you think of anything that should be added here, don't hesitate to let me know.

August 2021 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2021, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Jul 30 - Aug 4 A-Rose788 CSR[
Jul 30 - Aug 9 MrsLF 30 - 2 BC 2 - 9 Poly
Aug 1 - Aug 6 Sargeant Tibbs PoP[
Aug 1 - Aug 7 Slaggslala CBR
Aug 1 - Aug 13 figmentfinesse 1 - 4 BLT 4 - 13 CCV
Aug 1 - Aug 14 disny_luvr BCV
Aug 3 - Aug 11 cbeeindustry ASM
Aug 3 - Aug 10 Disneychoirnerd CBR
Aug 4 - Aug 14 jakifamily OKW
Aug 5 - Aug 19 KrazyKoala PoP
Aug 6 - Aug 20 AdrienneP23 Riviera
Aug 7 - Aug 14 Statefan17 YC
Aug 7 - Aug 15 suse66 BWV / Boulder Ridge
Aug 7 - Aug 21 123SA AoA
Aug 8 - Aug 15 buzzrelly BCV
Aug 9 - Aug 19 OurLaughingPlace 9 - 16 POR 16 - 19 BCV
Aug 13 - Aug 18 cjlong88 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 22 Nikki0401 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 23 TwoLittlePrincesses BC
Aug 14 - Aug 21 ShannyMcB CBR
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Pills Riviera
Aug 14 - Aug 24 omniscientmommy SSR
Aug 14 - Aug 25 MISSYLEXI AKL Savanna View!
Aug 16 - Aug 21 anneboleyn Undecided
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 WL / Copper Creek
Aug 16 - Aug 25 han22735 OKW
Aug 17 - Aug 26 figmentdream AoA
Aug 17 - Aug 26 Jaimet WL
Aug 17 - Aug 31 annachunt 17 - 23 OKW 23 - 27 Disney Cruise 27 - 31 AKL
Aug 18 - Aug 25 Sashaswt CBR
Aug 18 - Aug 27 alimcn BC
Aug 21 - Aug 28 MissSha VGF
Aug 21 - Aug 31 disneyAndi14 CR / BC
Aug 22 - Aug 28 mantysk8coach Poly
Aug 22 - Aug 29 Palaura PoP
Aug 23 - Aug 29 cindianne320 Offsite
Aug 24 - Sep 2 myhoney 24 - 30 AoA 30 - Sept 2 Universal
Aug 29 - Sep 3 lizzyb AoA
Aug 24 - Sep 7 hsmamainva Aug 24 - Sept 3 ASM Sept 3 - Sept 7 Universal Cabana Bay

Last edited:
News, Rumors, Disney Announcements for August 2021

Worlds tallest slingshot and drop tower coming soon Icon Park (on International Drive) is planning on opening the worlds tallest slingshot and drop tower in the near future. Opening date not yet announced

Disney Advance Dining Reservations (ADR's) Disney Advance Dining Reservations (ADR's) which used to be made at 180 days are now made at just 60 days prior to your check in. Be aware of this when planning your stay.

Last edited:

All things OUTSIDE of Disney World
Many of us live inside of that Disney bubble, however, over the course of the last several years, my family has discovered that there are plenty of amazing experiences to be had outside of Disney. Here, I will share some of our favorite experiences from outside of the world. If you have an experience to add, let me know!

Bahama Breeze (We have dined at their International Drive location several times, and always had a good experience. They also have restaurants on Oak Ridge Road, and Vineland Ave in Orlando, and Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and West Osceola Parkway in Kissimmee, as well as East Altamonte Drive in Altamonte Springs)

Romano's Macaroni Grill (Located on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, not too far from Old Town. The food, and service here has been consistently good every time we have visited)

Leading Edge Helicopter Tours (This was an amazing experience. The pilot is super friendly, and knowledgeable. Our tour was an amazing experience)

Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures (An incredible experience! We saw alligators up close, and two bald eagles, as well as some other birds and wildlife. Well worth the money, we will do this again!)

Old Town (Located just off of West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway / Rt 192, Old Town has a wide range of shops, bars, restaurants, and rides, plus live entertainment, and weekly car shows and cruises. We frequently attend the Friday night Muscle Car cruise, or the Saturday night Hot Rods / Classics cruise, and enjoy browsing the shops there. If anyone remembers the leather shop / kiosk which used to be near Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs, the owner now has his shop set up in Old Town)

Disney's Character Warehouse (This is an official Disney outlet store. While the selection is a bit limited, the prices can be amazing compared to what you would pay in the parks. It is located in the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets, not all that far from the Disney Springs area.)

As a companion to the thread here on the DIS, I also have a facebook group for August vacationers. Feel free to click on the link above, and come join us on facebook for more sharing, and planning.

Useful Links
Links to help you with your vacation. If you have a link that you would like to share, let me know.

Fast Pass and ADR reservation calculator (Super helpful for knowing exactly what day to make those all important ADR's and FP+ selections)

MouseSavers (Sign up for their free email newsletter, and get discounts on many Disney related goods and services, most notably theme park tickets through Undercover Tourist, and rooms at various resort hotels)

Touring Plans

All Ears Net

The Disney Food Blog

Walt Disney World Entertainment Guide

Orlando International Airport (A complete guide to Orlando International Airport)

Dining Reservation (ADR) Finder (Note: you must sign up for a free TouringPlans.com account)

Guide to hidden mickey's

The Magic in Pixels (A comprehensive website covering all things related to Disney theme park photography, including a message forum for photographers)

Missing Photopass Photos

Walt Disney World Lost and Found (In case you have lost something in one of the parks, resort hotels, or on the Disney transportation system. For items lost on Disney's Magical Express ONLY call (866) 599-0951)

Ultimate Disney World Photography Guide (Disney Tourist Blog's guide to photography in Disney World)

Sign me up!!! :smickey: We haven't booked yet (waiting for Disney to let me change my current reservation), but the plan is as follows:

Jul 31 - Aug 10 JennLTX CSR

Last edited:

Joining in too! Our trip is to celebrate my oldest son's 21st birthday! We will be at our home resort of Boulder Ridge for five nights, followed by three nights at AKL~Jambo. It's our first ever mother/son trip. Tentative dates are August 21 - August 29th, 2021!

Don't have exact dates yet; they will depend on my daughter's college schedule. Likely somewhere around 14-23. It's our first DVC trip, and we're staying at our home resort, the Riviera.

My goodness, that didn't take long lol.

Sign me up!!! :smickey: We haven't booked yet (waiting for Disney to let me change my current reservation), but the plan is as follows:

Jul 31 - Aug 10 JennLTX CSR

Roll Call has been updated. Here's hoping that 2021 is a far different experience than 2020!!!

Joining in too! Our trip is to celebrate my oldest son's 21st birthday! We will be at our home resort of Boulder Ridge for five nights, followed by three nights at AKL~Jambo. It's our first ever mother/son trip. Tentative dates are August 21 - August 29th, 2021!

Roll Call has been updated. Welcome to the party :)

Don't have exact dates yet; they will depend on my daughter's college schedule. Likely somewhere around 14-23. It's our first DVC trip, and we're staying at our home resort, the Riviera.

I went ahead and put you in with those dates, I can always updated the Roll Call later on once the dates are more firm.

@Tomh You are the best! Thanks for starting the August 2021 thread ... helps with the disappointment for us having to cancel for this August!
We haven't booked yet, but we are settled on August 9th - 19th, 2021 (booking between Boots and Hearts country music concert that my DD is planning to attend and when she needs to be at University).
We will go August 9th -16th PORS and August 16th - 19th at Beach Club.
Reading about your experiences at Old Town brings back wonderful memories. As a kid my parents used to take us to Florida for a couple of weeks every Christmas / rent a house. We loved hanging out at Old Town, especially in the evening. I remember shopping at the Irish store (not sure if it's still there or not as we went there in the 80's and 90's) and the old cars.

Thank you so much for starting this thread! We were able to rebook for next August before Disney stopped all bookings. Right now we are booked at the Beach Club from August 1-14, 2021. I expect that to change to a split stay at some point, but we are kind of waiting to see how things shake out over the next few months and if any discounts are released. I’ll be celebrating my 41st birthday at Disney next year instead of my 40th at Disney this year like originally planned.

My goodness, that didn't take long lol.
Hope springs eternal!!!

And let me echo the other August travelers and thank you, Tomh, so much for setting this up so very very far in advance!!! You're the best! :love:

So, first off, to all who have already joined this list, and thanked me, you are all welcome. When I noticed how many people were cancelling 2020 trips, I figured lots would be looking to rebook for 2021, and would likely want to get into the planning and anticipation as early as possible to help ease the sting of having to cancel this year. The positive thing is, by next August, we should have a vaccine for the Covid19, it should be widely available, and most of the current craziness should be behind us. I truly hope you all have a wonderful time planning your 2021 trips, and that those vacations are truly magnificent!

@Tomh You are the best! Thanks for starting the August 2021 thread ... helps with the disappointment for us having to cancel for this August!
We haven't booked yet, but we are settled on August 9th - 19th, 2021 (booking between Boots and Hearts country music concert that my DD is planning to attend and when she needs to be at University).
We will go August 9th -16th PORS and August 16th - 19th at Beach Club.
Reading about your experiences at Old Town brings back wonderful memories. As a kid my parents used to take us to Florida for a couple of weeks every Christmas / rent a house. We loved hanging out at Old Town, especially in the evening. I remember shopping at the Irish store (not sure if it's still there or not as we went there in the 80's and 90's) and the old cars.

Thank you for the kind words, you are most welcome.

We absolutely love Old Town. We always go over one afternoon, do some shopping, have supper, and hang around for the car cruise. This past summer, we wound up going on both a Friday night, and a Saturday night for both of the car cruises. Always a good time.

I have added you to the Roll Call. If there are any changes along the way, just give a holler, and I'll update as necessary.

Thank you so much for starting this thread! We were able to rebook for next August before Disney stopped all bookings. Right now we are booked at the Beach Club from August 1-14, 2021. I expect that to change to a split stay at some point, but we are kind of waiting to see how things shake out over the next few months and if any discounts are released. I’ll be celebrating my 41st birthday at Disney next year instead of my 40th at Disney this year like originally planned.

You are most welcome. I put you in the Roll Call for Beach Club, just let me know if and when things change, and I will update. I would not be surprised to see discounts going forward for quite some time.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that crowds are going to be low for quite some time. For sure, as long as the park hours are super short, we have mask requirements, and there are no character meets, buffets, shows / parades, they are not going to draw any kind of real crowds unless there are some serious discounts. I would imagine even after we have a vaccine widely in use, and the threat has largely subsided, the discounts will still have to linger for some time in order to get the resorts and parks full. This is putting fear into people, and it isn't just a week or so, we are already over 3 months into it, and probably have another 10 or more to go before things really start getting better. People are going to get used to having a fear of being in large crowds. Disney is going to have to work at drawing people back in I believe.

Hope springs eternal!!!

And let me echo the other August travelers and thank you, Tomh, so much for setting this up so very very far in advance!!! You're the best! :love:

I am glad my simple action is able to bring some joy to others.

While I don't have any plans of going in 2021, I do believe that by summer 2021, we will be starting to get back to familiar ground. I believe we will have a vaccine by then which will be widely adopted and available, and between that, and the people who have developed a natural immunity by having Covid19 already, that the risk of widespread infection will be largely over. I believe you have every reason to be optimistic about next summer.

My DD13 and I will be coming back to the World August 16-21, 2021 after going on our first ever Disney Cruise. I am not sure which resort we are staying at yet...it depends what is available for booking next Sunday, I guess. I am just so thrilled to have dates set and to be able to plan!

How important do you think it is to book park reservations as soon as possible for next August? If I’m not mistaken, we can book park reservations starting on June 28th. Honestly, I haven’t thought too much about next year’s trip because I am expecting there to be a lot of changes between now and then. That said, I don’t want to get myself in a situation where I haven’t reserved any park days and am out of luck because all available reservations have been booked up. It just seems crazy to have to book park days now for a trip that is almost 400 days away.

Also, there is a slight possibility we might need to move our trip to end of June/early July of next year because of school commitments. That’s another reason I really don’t want to spend too much time trying to make park reservations especially if I do end up needing to move our trip.

Very excited to join. Thank you for setting this up. We are celebrating our first trip as DVC members, and we are bringing my MIL and her partner (she hasn't been since 1989, and he has never been). We will stay at OKW from the 17th to the 23rd, when we then off on a 4 night Disney Cruise. We are then back at AKL from the 27th to the 31st.

My TA will be rescheduling my Aug 2020 trip to Aug 2021 tomorrow. I'll be back with official dates. She said I'll be able to reserve parks tomorrow as well.

YAY!!! Glad to see you again Tom! Thanks for starting this thread!

We are at Pop August 24th - September 3rd, 2021 -- hoping to be able to add tickets to our reservation at 7am and then make our park reservations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter