*** Official August 2021 thread ***

I rebooked our August 2020 trip to August 2021. We’ll be at the Beach Club from August 13-23, really hoping things will be back to “normal” by then. Looking forward to hopefully attending our first MNSSHP as well.

We are booked at AoA from 8/24-8/30, then going to Universal from 8/30-9/2! We are excited and love having a vacation to look forward to!

We booked our parks, too. I asked our TA if it was necessary this far out and she recommended we do it. We don't want to wait and not get the park or day we wanted.

This will be our first time staying at AoA, and our first time going to Universal. Our last Disney trip we all got the stomach flu, but still made good memories. We can't wait for the new experiences. This may be our last Disney trip with all the kiddos (who will be 16, 14, 9, and 8). We go every 5 years and with college looming...

We are prepared to pay the current quotes but are really hoping we see discounts! We think it will be slower next year with lots of fears about the virus, people not sure about the vaccine, so many out of work. We never do hoppers, so for us, it seems like a great time to go have fun while it's less crowded. Although we've never gone in the summer. That's going to be interesting! 🥵

We are booked at AoA from 8/24-8/30, then going to Universal from 8/30-9/2! We are excited and love having a vacation to look forward to!

Our dates are SO similar! We are right across the bridge at Pop 8/24-9/3 & then headed to Universal & Cabana Bay Resort 9/3-9/7!!!

@hsmamainva we are staying at Dockside Inn when we move to Universal. We are in NY, so want to get home before Labor Day weekend to recover as school starts up that Wednesday.

@hsmamainva we are staying at Dockside Inn when we move to Universal. We are in NY, so want to get home before Labor Day weekend to recover as school starts up that Wednesday.

We stayed across the parking lot at Surfside Inn last month and loved it!! The bus service was great. Hotel was clean. Had a fabulous time!

I decided to extend my trip and add on a few solo days. My son is in a wedding Labour Day weekend so he will leave on the 29th to fly to Indiana for the wedding. I am going to stay until September 1st so will have August 29, 30 and 31st on my own then will fly home on the 1st. I may try to add another resort on for my solo portion of the trip.

I was able to easily make park reservations even though I felt strange doing so for a trip almost 14 months away! I am really hoping for park hopping to be added back and for MNSSHP to happen. Time will tell!

Hey all! First trip for the kids (ages at time of travel DS 9, DS 6, DD 3) at CBR 08/15-21. Check in day is DD's birthday. DH and I were last at wdw 2010 at CSR. So will need lots of info on the new features, resort perks, etc in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
I decided to extend my trip and add on a few solo days. My son is in a wedding Labour Day weekend so he will leave on the 29th to fly to Indiana for the wedding. I am going to stay until September 1st so will have August 29, 30 and 31st on my own then will fly home on the 1st. I may try to add another resort on for my solo portion of the trip.

I was able to easily make park reservations even though I felt strange doing so for a trip almost 14 months away! I am really hoping for park hopping to be added back and for MNSSHP to happen. Time will tell!

My fingers are crossed for MNSSHP! This year was going to be our first time going to the party. I hope we can get there in 2021!

We picked our parks in MDE but kind of blindly. We tried to use this year's crowd calendars as a basis but several of them contradicted each other. We won't sign up for TP for another month. How easy do you think changing your park selection will be? I'm hoping the earlier the better. Do we know how "full" next August is with everyone rebooking?

Checking in! Cancelled our July 2020 trip and after a REALLY awful start to the summer, in addition to Covid, we need to look forward to some Disney magic and pixie dust in our future!

We'll be there August 3-11 at POP. Made our park reservations and also felt silly more than a year out, hoping for park hoppers by then! 🤞🤞🤞

Last edited:
Has anyone heard any updated news about the possibility of Disney Dining or Fastpasses returning in time for next summer? I saw that MagicBands won't be complimentary and will be going onto our phones for 2021.

I am thinking of getting bands now while they are free or at least discounted. The phone is going to be used so much already. And thinking that at any given time I am going to be carrying SOMETHING (food, bag, towel, small child) so the less digging through pockets the better.
saw that MagicBands won't be complimentary and will be going onto our phones for 2021.

I am thinking of getting bands now while they are free or at least discounted. The phone is going to be used so much already. And thinking that at any given time I am going to be carrying SOMETHING (food, bag, towel, small child) so the less digging through pockets the better.
I am thinking the same, my DH said that he thinks it'll be easier on the phone, but I'm already thinking about how much is on there already. Good idea!

With as long as I have been doing this now, you would think I know what I am doing . . . . but alas, I do not lol.

So, I didn't abandon you fine people, I just neglected to "watch" my own thread, and had NO idea people had been posting here.

I *think* I am caught up now. Of course, if I have missed you, OR made a mistake in your listing, please let me know so I can fix it.

I have NO idea why it only quoted your dates . . . might have tried to quote too many posts at one time or something, I don't know, but you are officially in the Roll Call now. I listed your resort as undecided . . . just let me know when that changes, and I will update it. Hope you have LOTS of fun planning!

How important do you think it is to book park reservations as soon as possible for next August? If I’m not mistaken, we can book park reservations starting on June 28th. Honestly, I haven’t thought too much about next year’s trip because I am expecting there to be a lot of changes between now and then. That said, I don’t want to get myself in a situation where I haven’t reserved any park days and am out of luck because all available reservations have been booked up. It just seems crazy to have to book park days now for a trip that is almost 400 days away.

Also, there is a slight possibility we might need to move our trip to end of June/early July of next year because of school commitments. That’s another reason I really don’t want to spend too much time trying to make park reservations especially if I do end up needing to move our trip.

My gut feeling, book park reservations early, and then if the ability exists, change them later if you so desire. As of right now, with no parades, and no fireworks, I'm not sure there is any really compelling reason to pick one park for a particular day as opposed to another park.

Very excited to join. Thank you for setting this up. We are celebrating our first trip as DVC members, and we are bringing my MIL and her partner (she hasn't been since 1989, and he has never been). We will stay at OKW from the 17th to the 23rd, when we then off on a 4 night Disney Cruise. We are then back at AKL from the 27th to the 31st.

Very excited to have you join us! You are, of course, most welcome. This thread is a wonderful way for me to enjoy the excitement when I am not planning a trip of my own!

Congrats on the DVC. I am sure you will get many years of enjoyment from it! Sounds like you have an amazing trip taking shape!

YAY!!! Glad to see you again Tom! Thanks for starting this thread!

We are at Pop August 24th - September 3rd, 2021 -- hoping to be able to add tickets to our reservation at 7am and then make our park reservations!

@hsmamainva Glad to see you again too! You are very welcome.

Hope you have lots of fun planning your trip!

We'll be at Pop August 15-20, 2021. I'm so excited to finally have another trip to look forward to!

Welcome aboard Sargeant Tibbs. Hope you have lots of fun here planning your trip!

Woo hoo!! Was able to reserve all of our park days!!! 😄

Awesome!

So excited to "officially" join in! We are booked @ Pop Century August 5-19! :cool1::cheer2::earsgirl:

@KrazyKoala so happy to have finally actually added you to the Roll Call lol. Sorry about the delay, welcome to the party!

We made our park reservations today! It was very quick and easy. I think I prefer this to making fast pass selections.

I must say, with our park days booked, I’m getting excited again!

This is the whole reason I started this thread early, so that those who were cancelling 2020 would have a place to plan, and get excited again together.

Aug 7 -21 123SA Art of Animation Suite

According to my travel agent, this is my original vacation, just modified. I'm not really sure what that means. I think maybe my ticket price didn't change. I don't have the final paperwork yet. I reserved 10 consecutive park days because if things don't open up, I'll cut back the vacation from 14 days to 10 days. If the nighttime entertainment doesn't start back up, we won't need rest days.

For picking which park on which day, I don't think it can matter much right now. I picked 3 MK, 2 DHS, 2 AK and 3 Epcot days. I'm not sure about the 3 Epcot days...maybe I should change that to DHS or AK. Actually, I should. It seems like it'd be easier to change it to Epcot, than to change to DHS or AK later.

Welcome @123SA happy to have you joining us again.

I agree, I don't think it matters a whole lot which park you go to on which day. Unless parades, fireworks, and / or special events come into play at a later date, a park day is a park day.

Aug 2-13, Pop. Booked park days, praying they bring back hoppers!!

Welcome to the craziness :)

We did decide to buy one of the DVC confirmed reservations to make up for our canceled trip in March. So we're going to be at SSR 8/14 - 8/22. We haven't told the kids. Maybe we'll make it a surprise. Since we booked late and I'm waiting for our confirmation that the reservation name has changed I was only able to book park days under our APs today. So only 3 days booked. The weekend we're there HS and MK were already booked up.

Happy planning!

Well, we need to be removed from the August list. The more I thought about the availability of the various resorts, the more I had concerns they wouldn't open them up later due to capacity restrictions. We decided to move it back a couple of weeks to mid-July when Coronado Springs was available.

Best of luck everyone, and happy traveling!!! :love:

Sorry to see you leave :( I'm sure we will see you again one day though :)

We will be there August 13-18, 2021 at Poly!

You've been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

We booked Aug 17-26th at Caribbean Beach for now. Possibly switching if other resorts open up.

You've been added to the Roll Call for Caribbean Beach, just give me a holler and let me know if your resort selection changes later on.

We will be at AoA August 17-26, 2021!!!!
We just cancelled out 2020 trip 😥, but I ❤ planning Disney trips....so away we go!! :tinker:

Well, welcome to the 2021 thread. You've been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

I rebooked our August 2020 trip to August 2021. We’ll be at the Beach Club from August 13-23, really hoping things will be back to “normal” by then. Looking forward to hopefully attending our first MNSSHP as well.

Welcome to the August 2021 thread.

I think as far as being able to go about daily life in a fashion that is closer to normal, yeah, we will be there next summer. I'm not certain that everything Disney will be back to normal, as I feel it is going to take them quite a long time to really recover financially from this. Not only did it close the theme parks, but also the cruise lines, Adventures by Disney, sports, television, movies, pretty much everything that Disney is involved in stopped making money. And even with the parks open now, they are not doing well financially.

I fear it may be a number of years before Disney really recovers from this, and the parks start to really resemble what they were before.

I do hope that this whole situation pushes Disney in the direction of returning the fantastic customer service that they used to be so well known for.

We booked our parks, too. I asked our TA if it was necessary this far out and she recommended we do it. We don't want to wait and not get the park or day we wanted.

This will be our first time staying at AoA, and our first time going to Universal. Our last Disney trip we all got the stomach flu, but still made good memories. We can't wait for the new experiences. This may be our last Disney trip with all the kiddos (who will be 16, 14, 9, and 8). We go every 5 years and with college looming...

We are prepared to pay the current quotes but are really hoping we see discounts! We think it will be slower next year with lots of fears about the virus, people not sure about the vaccine, so many out of work. We never do hoppers, so for us, it seems like a great time to go have fun while it's less crowded. Although we've never gone in the summer. That's going to be interesting! 🥵

You've been added to the Roll Call.

I wouldn't be surprised if things are less crowded at Disney next summer as well, perhaps not as much as this summer, but I think it will be some time before crowds build back up to the levels they were before this started.

August 4th to 14th Old Key West .🙋🏿‍♀️

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

Roll Call has been updated. Let me know if you do add another resort for those last couple of days.

While I feel that things will be much closer to normal next summer, I'm not sure if I would expect MNSSHP. I guess, only time will tell.

Hey all! First trip for the kids (ages at time of travel DS 9, DS 6, DD 3) at CBR 08/15-21. Check in day is DD's birthday. DH and I were last at wdw 2010 at CSR. So will need lots of info on the new features, resort perks, etc in the last 10 years.

First trip for the kids, how awesome! And, checking in on DD3's birthday, even better!

Our DD's were 19, and 13 for our first trip, and DS was 4. It was a lot of fun, but DS was a slippery little fellow, so lots of effort went into making sure he didn't wander off and join another family lol.

Indeed, lots has changed over the years, but I'm sure you will get up to speed pretty quickly here!

We picked our parks in MDE but kind of blindly. We tried to use this year's crowd calendars as a basis but several of them contradicted each other. We won't sign up for TP for another month. How easy do you think changing your park selection will be? I'm hoping the earlier the better. Do we know how "full" next August is with everyone rebooking?

I'm not sure that it will be easy, or even possible to change your park selections, but then again, I'm not sure it will really matter. I've been in parks on their best days in August, and on their worst, and I'm not certain it really makes that much of a difference. We always manage to get plenty of rides in, or at least, always have. With the advent of no FP, who knows. I still think crowds will be relatively light next summer compared to what we are used to anyway.

Checking in! Cancelled our July 2020 trip and after a REALLY awful start to the summer, in addition to Covid, we need to look forward to some Disney magic and pixie dust in our future!

We'll be there August 3-11 at POP. Made our park reservations and also felt silly more than a year out, hoping for park hoppers by then! 🤞🤞🤞

Sorry you had such an awful start to the summer. Hopefully, looking forward to, and planning your 20201 trip will help get your minds in a happy place again!

Just booked August 29th to September 3 at AoA then we will head to the Disney Fantasy for a week!

You've been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter