Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

RnbwSktles

DIS Veteran
I want to start talking about Avengers '15! I am hoping to get in and get my 2nd C2C medal. I am also reallllly hoping the 10k/challenge is added!

Who's joining me?

After the extremely fast sell-out of last years 5K and Half-Marathon, and with an additional day already added to the official event weekend I think it is pretty safe to say we will be seeing an Avengers 10K this year and a new Challenge associated with the 10K and 1/2 Marathon. (I know the website doesn't list any of that, but they usually don't fully update it until a few days before early registrations begin.)

I'm hoping they come up with some way to include Iron Man and the Hulk this year. And with the new Avengers movie coming out in May I'm really hoping we see some additional characters added to the course. Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, even the Falcon... All great options. Plus I think they could do some fun marketing with Quicksilver since his special power is speed.

I hope I get to join you! It depends on what DD decides to do in the fall (soccer vs theater). If she chooses soccer I get to go! If she chooses theater then I get my Saturdays in Sept and Oct back and DH doesn't have to coach! So theres good and bad in both choices. I'll know the week before AP reg which way she's gonna go.

I'm positive there will be a 10K added this year and I'm hoping they make it a challenge! And I'm really hoping the Santa Ana winds done show up again cause then i'll be staying in bed. I'm also hoping they add more disney characters to the course. I mean Tink has more than just fairies so why not have other characters during Avengers too?

We are trying for this, the 5k at least. DH enjoyed his experience at the wdw 5k so that's good. :) if they toss in a 10k it will be hard for me to pass up.

But I am just so DONE with the Half distance that I doubt I'll sign up for that one. On the other hand, if I did, then I'd get my second C2C. I hate the distance I hate the distance I hate the distance.... Yeah, you guys can pretty much expect me to be doing a distance I hate, LOL.

But the main thing will be that DH and DS will get to do the 5K. :)

We are trying for this, the 5k at least. DH enjoyed his experience at the wdw 5k so that's good. :) if they toss in a 10k it will be hard for me to pass up.

But I am just so DONE with the Half distance that I doubt I'll sign up for that one. On the other hand, if I did, then I'd get my second C2C. I hate the distance I hate the distance I hate the distance.... Yeah, you guys can pretty much expect me to be doing a distance I hate, LOL.

But the main thing will be that DH and DS will get to do the 5K. :)

If you can get a C2C medal, and you'll be there already for the 5K...well....I think you have to do the Half! Ok so what happens if they do add the 10K? Do you do all 3?

If you can get a C2C medal, and you'll be there already for the 5K...well....I think you have to do the Half! Ok so what happens if they do add the 10K? Do you do all 3?

I've never done a challenge, don't want to do a challenge, but aughhhhhhh I might have to. Don't tell my wallet lol.

And since January I know I can at least walk a half without dying. (Serious belly issues combined with not properly training for the sixth half I participated in inside a year)

I'm the most reluctant Disney run participant ever lol.

Count me in for the challenge! I just hope Mother Nature is nicer to us this year. Thank goodness, I had my cape to help me run through those winds.

The chance of the winds coming back is the only thing that has me second guessing that race weekend, but I think I could deal with it. I am probably skipping Disney in 2016 and I'd love to see the 60th Anniversary stuff...so Avengers it is!

I've never done a challenge, don't want to do a challenge, but aughhhhhhh I might have to. Don't tell my wallet lol.

And since January I know I can at least walk a half without dying. (Serious belly issues combined with not properly training for the sixth half I participated in inside a year)

I'm the most reluctant Disney run participant ever lol.

Lol! Star Wars was my first challenge and I'm hooked!

I'll join the rest of you! Going for my first C2C, first trip to DLR and (hopefully) first challenge! I look forward to spending the next 9 months with you all! :thumbsup2

I'm guessing we won't see any update on the Avengers site until a few days before the AP/DVC early registration. But with the Disneyland Half registration open (and mostly sold out) it would be fun to see some additional information added. Maybe after the Princess Half Weekend... In all truth I just wanna hear runDisney officially say there is a going to be a 10K and a challenge. With how quickly both the DDD and Disneyland 10K sold out it would be crazy to not add similar events to the Avengers weekend.

I'm guessing we won't see any update on the Avengers site until a few days before the AP/DVC early registration. But with the Disneyland Half registration open (and mostly sold out) it would be fun to see some additional information added. Maybe after the Princess Half Weekend... In all truth I just wanna hear runDisney officially say there is a going to be a 10K and a challenge. With how quickly both the DDD and Disneyland 10K sold out it would be crazy to not add similar events to the Avengers weekend.

I am hoping that they just wanted the DL half to sell out before they announced anything so that they could force people to commit to both ;) My fall is very busy, so I'd like to know as soon as possible what my plans are going to be.

Waiting for Avengers registration too, looks like from the dates as PP mentioned they will probably make it a challenge, which is good with me! We ran this last year, and enjoyed it except for of course the wind. Great to see x-mas decorations!

Jennifer

I'm in. If there's a challenge I'll do it.

Smash the half announced right after phm so maybe soon.

I might be the only one who was "ok" with the winds. Not a fan but it could have been worse! Lol.

Is the Haunted Mansion overlay still up during this? I think it stays up past Christmas, right?

Yep. It goes up over Labor Day/DL half and comes down during Star Wars.

Yep. It goes up over Labor Day/DL half and comes down during Star Wars.

Good! I missed it during the DL Half in 2014.

And for the record I absolutely love the overlay! I dont even bother going on HM during the summer anymore!

I've never seen it and didn't think I would really care that much until I watched part of a YouTube ride video. I didn't realize that it's almost a completely different ride!

I've never seen it and didn't think I would really care that much until I watched part of a YouTube ride video. I didn't realize that it's almost a completely different ride!

HMH is really neat. I hardly even like the original version anymore, which is a big switch back when I hated NBC, LOL. I still don't choose to watch the movie, but the overlay is fun. And DS loves it (but doesn't love the ride normally) which makes it even better.

Just as an update, the Disneyland AP page updated the runDisney info page. As expected early registration for the Avengers weekend will begin 2 weeks prior to regular registration. Still no official word on if a 10K or challenge will be added... But I think we all know it will be. One nice thing about the Registration happening in April, the new Avengers movie doesn't come out until May. Gut feeling says even more people will be interested in the race after this next movie. So I'm glad we will have registration done by that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter