Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

I was in corral C close to the front and runner tracking had me cross at 5:54. I totally would have been bummed if I was in a corral that started later and got swept.

I was also in C and my Garmin shows a 5:53am start.

I have to say that the weather was however amazing for it. I managed a PB by 7 minutes which made me very happy. On the flip side i then flew to Vegas to to Rock n Roll and the weather was the complete opposite! Cold, raining and cyclonic winds. Can't have it all I guess! :)

I was also in C and my Garmin shows a 5:53am start.

I have to say that the weather was however amazing for it. I managed a PB by 7 minutes which made me very happy. On the flip side i then flew to Vegas to to Rock n Roll and the weather was the complete opposite! Cold, raining and cyclonic winds. Can't have it all I guess! :)

I was in B with a 5:46 start according to my Garmin.

Totally jealous that you did both the Avengers and RnR on Sunday! Sorry about the Vegas weather.

Apparently a car got on the course somewhere on the 5k from what I heard that's why there was a delay.

What I'm curious about is why there was a 5 minute delay for the half. I tried talking to the staff next to me when I realized the chairs had yet to go off and it was past 5:30. He said something about one last verifying of the course, but that sounds more like a standard answer just to explain away the delay. So I'm not 100 percent sure he knew either.
Kind of annoying to see jackets (all sizes) for sale on e-bay with a $50 mark-up
check out my sale. I have a large up for sale at $99.95. Which is my cost plus eBay fee

Great to hear how everyone's race weekend went! I ran the 10K with my sister and we thought it was WONDERFUL. We also attended the Pasta in the Park party and had a GREAT time.

A few thoughts:
  • It was extremely fun running through the parks with all the Christmas decorations up!
  • The 10K course didn't seem too crowded so that was nice.
  • We were able to get pictures with all 4 characters on the course and they were all great and fun to interact with.
  • Loved the music throughout the courses!
  • People had lots of great costumes
  • The expo was a lot of fun (although they should still make more merchandise, things were selling out in just a few hours)
  • We loved cheering on the half runners the ne day. (The ending was really moving with the last few runners)

Two areas of improvement:
  • More characters on the course would have been nice. I know they might just want to stick with Avengers, but if that is the case why didn't they bring out Spider-Man? His meet and greet was opening on Monday, so they had the costume... Would have been nice to have him there. (And what about Ant-Man he was the theme for the kids races and no Ant-Man character?) It's still a runDisney race so I don't think anyone would mind some general Disney Characters either at the finish line or throughout the parks.
  • Mile post signs - I like the infinity stones as much as the next person but having those stones be the mile posts isn't the most exciting photo op. Especially for the "Captain America 10k". Different pictures of each of the Avengers or various Captain America pictures would have been better. (And they used the same ones for the 5K and 10K? Did we run out of budget?)
Overall LOTS of fun!
Here is a highlight video of our run through the 10K (You might even see yourself if we were running around the same time):

I ran the 10K with my sister and we thought it was WONDERFUL. We also attended the Pasta in the Park party and had a GREAT time.

What corral were you in? There's hardly anyone nearby! :)

Great video. It's making me super excited to run my Tinkerbell 10K in May.

I had a great time at Avengers this year. I was very concerned since I had signed up for the Infinity Gauntlet challenge and the week before the race I had a pulled groin muscle. Somehow between Wine & Dine (the 1/2 of a 1/2) and then, I healed up and the race weekend was great. This was the first year I qualified for Corral A and I'm proud that I somehow made it through both the 10K and 1/2 with great times. I did the 10K in 50:27 and the 1/2 I did in 1:49:46 - beating last year's wind-swept race time by almost 5 minutes!

What corral were you in? There's hardly anyone nearby!

We were in corral A. We were excited we qualified for it... But we knew we would be running a little slower because we planned to stop for plenty of pictures. The first mile was pretty crowded but after that it was very clear. So it was fun to run in certain areas and feel like we were the only ones on the course.

@EDS19 - Congratulations on making it to corral A. Your video is very inspiring for me as I make the transition from 5K to 10K for Tinkerbell, but I fear that I am at a 14.5 minute mile pace at the present. So for me, I'm probably in the last corral with the sweepers on my heels. Hoping to boost my speed with training over the next six months!

Hey everyone,
Two items of interest about future Avengers weekends.
  • I emailed runDisney and said some of the things I really enjoyed about the Avengers weekend and also mentioned a couple of areas of improvement (related to the amount of characters on course and unique signage on course.) I didn't think too much of it because I sent that email off shortly after the race weekend, but I recently received a phone call from a Disney representative thanking me for the kind words and input. I was really impressed they would call me about that. Even if they don't apply my suggestions I still really appreciate them taking the time to call me about those things. So if you have suggestions on how to make the races better it seems like they are more then willing to listen.
  • Earlier this week some runDisney fans received a survey about future runDisney events. One question talked about what type of Characters you want to see on course and the first option was "Disney Characters 'dressed up' like Avengers". That is something I have been hoping for so I'm excited runDisney is kicking around the idea. Not sure how many people will select that on the survey but I'm hoping it happens.

Hey everyone,
Two items of interest about future Avengers weekends.
  • I emailed runDisney and said some of the things I really enjoyed about the Avengers weekend and also mentioned a couple of areas of improvement (related to the amount of characters on course and unique signage on course.) I didn't think too much of it because I sent that email off shortly after the race weekend, but I recently received a phone call from a Disney representative thanking me for the kind words and input. I was really impressed they would call me about that. Even if they don't apply my suggestions I still really appreciate them taking the time to call me about those things. So if you have suggestions on how to make the races better it seems like they are more then willing to listen.
  • Earlier this week some runDisney fans received a survey about future runDisney events. One question talked about what type of Characters you want to see on course and the first option was "Disney Characters 'dressed up' like Avengers". That is something I have been hoping for so I'm excited runDisney is kicking around the idea. Not sure how many people will select that on the survey but I'm hoping it happens.

That's a great idea. Where did you send the email? I'd like to send one as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter