Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

SultanPprShkr

Look good up close, better from Jafar!
This post will be updated periodically with registrations/names. :)
*Unless otherwise noted, I will assume you are registered for the Half Marathon distance. Please msg me or leave a note here and I'll correct it! :D

http://www.rundisney.com/avengers-half-marathon/

Entry Fees and Deadlines*
Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon ** SOLD OUT!! **
Avengers Super Heroes 5K ** SOLD OUT!! **
runDisney Kids Races ** SOLD OUT!! **
Pasta In The Park Party ** SOLD OUT!! **

ChEAR Squad
Bronze - $0
Silver - $39
Gold - $59
Platinum - $99
Under 3 - $0

Training Plans!
Beginners:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/training/running/plans/2014/Avengers/Avengers14_Beg.pdf

Experienced Time Goal:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/training/running/plans/2014/Avengers/Avengers14_Time.pdf

Experienced Finish Upright:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/training/running/plans/2014/Avengers/Avengers14_Fin.pdf

Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon: (as of 06/30/14):cheer2:
SultanPprShkr
miker1251 (@Holiday Inn - Walnut/Ball)
Reelirish
daleenmarine
StarGirl11
Run_princess + DH
Viva_Las_Disney
Outonarun
rachlovestv
swooshbear + DW
scion5220
MelindaRuns
Wink25
VickiHD + DH
McDuck
aubs42 (@ GCH)
kim3339
mickeymom629 + DD
kirstie101 (@ PPH)
frisbeego
annmarieda + DH
jlovesee + DH
KappyFamily + DH (@ PPH)
Fellowship9798 + DW
ludari
McDuck
luvformickey + DH
ReindeerMom
liesel
VAfamily1998
ImDMous's DH
jamesg
minniebeth & DD
poppinspal
disneygrlkat
happysummer
JRM393 (@Best Western Plus)
Breyean
svrdrbr
dadofnicholas
bcarey2k + catie (@Holiday Inn - Walnut/Ball)
Rachellee413 + BF
LynneDurham (@Fairfield Inn)
Ladyslug
cheez
seejeannerun
TheDisneyDoll
wink25 + 4!
semejorado + DH
jobo
tiki23 + DD
gloria1016
spideymike
SnowMonkey & DH
ArielSparrow
PrincessAurora
MinnieMouse28
::Snow_White::
pxefig
TorontoGirl & DH (La Quinta)

Super Heroes 5k: (as of 06/30/14):cheer2:
SultanPprShkr
Kathymford
MelindaRuns
scion5220
aubs42
frisbeego
luvformickey + DH + DD + DS
kim3339
Breyean
jeanigor
ImDMous
jamesg
minniebeth & DD
disneygrlkat
svrdrbr
JadeDarkstar
ludari
dadofnicholas
miker1251
seejeannerun
TheDisneyDoll
ten6mom + BF
jobo
tiki23 + DD
gloria1016 + DS, DS, & DD
::Snow_White::
pxefig

runDisney Kids Races: (as of 04/28/14):cheer2:
kirstie101's DD

FB In Training Cover Photos (Coming Soon!):
Avengers:
Hulk:
Iron Man:
Cpt America:
Black Widow & Hawkeye:
Thor:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D:
Hydra:

I'll keep an eye for those registered and edit the first post when things get underway. :)

Personally, I was gonna do the W&D Half but this is saving me a ton of money and headache with traveling, so I'm totally in for this. Plus an opportunity to be a Perfect Avenger? Heck Yes!

I'm in for the Half and DD for the kids race!
Planning on skipping the 5K and sleeping in....we'll see if anyone (Patty!) talks me out of that plan.

I was really sad I didn't get into the Dumbo this year but with this announcement I'm glad I didn't spend the money! Now I can smash the half!!!! ;)

This is going to be my first half!

Six months ago I signed up for the Never Land 5K as motivation to start running again thinking 3.2 miles would be as far as I would ever voluntarily run. I had so much fun I decided to do a longer rundisney race and signed up for the DL 10k in August but still laughed at all you crazy people who think running 13.1 miles is fun :sad2:. Now my long training runs are nearing 6 miles and with this announcement I must have officially lost my mind also because this distance seems doable and I'm looking forward to this being my first half. :rotfl2: No way I'm ever doing 26 miles though, full marathoners are certifiably crazy, half marathoners are just half crazy! :crazy2:

Six months ago I signed up for the Never Land 5K as motivation to start running again thinking 3.2 miles would be as far as I would ever voluntarily run. I had so much fun I decided to do a longer rundisney race and signed up for the DL 10k in August but still laughed at all you crazy people who think running 13.1 miles is fun :sad2:. Now my long training runs are nearing 6 miles and with this announcement I must have officially lost my mind also because this distance seems doable and I'm looking forward to this being my first half. :rotfl2: No way I'm ever doing 26 miles though, full marathoners are certifiably crazy, half marathoners are just half crazy! :crazy2:

Never say never :)

I agree 26.2% Running is like candy once you start to get a few races under your belt.

I really really hope we can add this one this year too. I guess I have to March 19th to figure it out! If I can save some money and the kids can go to the summer camp of grandma and grandpa I might be able to swing it! Guess I better discuss it with them before March 19th!

Congrats on this being your first half! Isn't it addicting? Once you get over that 6 mile hump, 13.1 seems very do-able! When I started running 2 years ago I swore I would never do a half, and well Tink this year was my 4th half and I have at least 3 more on the calendar for 2014. Have fun training! And let us know how you do in August!

I wish I had known about this race before I registered for DDD. November is a much better time for me to C2C than the last week of August.

Oh well! At least I still get the DDD experience and medal haul.

Signing up for this one! Actually might double back this with the W&D if all goes well. I would need to have a long talk with my trainer first about doing that first before though. I haven't tried doing two races in back to back weekends since 2011 and that didn't go so well. But then again when I did that I didn't properly train for the turn around. if I train for the turn around I might pull it off. Avengers half gets the priority over the W&D. Since I love Avengers and am more comfortable with the CA courses in general. Just wait and see I guess.

Personally I think a back to back via a week's difference is fine for a lot of people. I almost did the WDW Marathon & Tink Half back to back but thanked my wallet when I only registered for the 10k 6 days later. But yes, it varies between people..

I talked to my Mom and she is willing to do summer camp Grammie and Goompa so now onto my in-laws to see if camp Grandma and Grandpa will be open for business. Looking better and better that we will be able to run back to back with wine and dine! Can't wait and I think I need some serious therapy for my RunDisney addiction!

I missed the Disneyland Half because it sold out almost as soon as it opened, I was so happy to hear they added another for November. Now I am scared I'll miss this one again because of high demand. Anyone wanna share any tips besides refreshing as fast as I can at 9am est on the 25th?

I thought the Pasta in the Park Party was usually the night before the half marathon.

Yesterday, the runDisney site had conflicting information. The "Events" tab said Friday; the "Runner Info" tab said Saturday.

Today, they both say Friday.

Does that sound right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter