Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

ugh got a massage and now the part is swollen. It definitely wasn't before. I leave for LA in the morning and am really scare my ankle won't be good in time for Saturday. Will make sure to take extra rest breaks and grab ice from the hotel and first aid.

ugh got a massage and now the part is swollen. It definitely wasn't before. I leave for LA in the morning and am really scare my ankle won't be good in time for Saturday. Will make sure to take extra rest breaks and grab ice from the hotel and first aid.

Ice! And some ibuprofen or Aleve. And stay hydrated. Then, think positive thoughts. I know it's scary and hard not to worry it won't feel good enough to run, but try not to assess that until much closer to the race. Worry about just taking care of yourself, and rest it as much as u can.

Ice! And some ibuprofen or Aleve. And stay hydrated. Then, think positive thoughts. I know it's scary and hard not to worry it won't feel good enough to run, but try not to assess that until much closer to the race. Worry about just taking care of yourself, and rest it as much as u can.

Thanks. I'm trying to keep my mind off of it. My boyfriend saw how stressed I was and told me if for some reason I can't do it don't worry we will fit a coast to coast in for the 2015 season. That helped take a lot of pressure off because I had originally agreed to take 2015 off from runDisney and inly so local races in the tristate area so that we can go to Europe.

I want the Dooney so bad! I have heard that Ironman is not on it because they are saving him for an official runDisney ironman race! They did one in the early years of runDisney and now that they are super popular I would imagine we will be seeing them as official runDisney events soon.

I didn't know they did ironman events before but that makes perfect sense that they would save him for that. Although I don't know if I would ever be up for an ironman so I'll hold out hope he's the star of a 10k next year to make a challenge hahaha. It just makes me a little sad that his logo isn't even on the Dooney bags, they could have at least included him there!

I didn't know they did ironman events before but that makes perfect sense that they would save him for that. Although I don't know if I would ever be up for an ironman so I'll hold out hope he's the star of a 10k next year to make a challenge hahaha. It just makes me a little sad that his logo isn't even on the Dooney bags, they could have at least included him there!

Yeah my sister in law did the original. She said it was a bummer because you didn't run through the parks or anything. There were warnings about swallowing the water because they swam out at Fort Wilderness

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their races.:banana::banana:
I am in the last corral so I am planning to get there early to try to get to the front of the corral.
If anyone is running by themselves in the last corral and you see someone in minnie ears come over and say hi.
I am hoping my hurt knee will not give me any trouble. I just want to finish the race since it is my first half marathon.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their races.:banana::banana: I am in the last corral so I am planning to get there early to try to get to the front of the corral. If anyone is running by themselves in the last corral and you see someone in minnie ears come over and say hi. I am hoping my hurt knee will not give me any trouble. I just want to finish the race since it is my first half marathon.

I am a corral in front of you and share your sentiment. I just want to finish.

I leave today and I'm very excited. Although I'm very nervous about running my first Disneyland race. (Not my first half, not by far.) Worrying about knowing how to get from my hotel to the start and how long it will take... I'm sure I'll figure it out but I know it'll play with my nerves more as the race gets closer.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their races.:banana::banana:
I am in the last corral so I am planning to get there early to try to get to the front of the corral.
If anyone is running by themselves in the last corral and you see someone in minnie ears come over and say hi.
I am hoping my hurt knee will not give me any trouble. I just want to finish the race since it is my first half marathon.

I would just like to point out that that may not be as identifying a feature as you want...

I suspect ears will probably not be in short supply in any corral :)

About to head out to the airport for my 14 hour flight...

then it's 3 days of rehydration before race day.

Anyone getting in line early fir the purses?
I wish! My flight doesn't land until 9 am at LAX so by the time I make my way to the expo it will be well underway. I'm trying not to let it bug me, but I am super annoyed they didn't do Dooney preorders for this bag the way they did with the DL half. I really want one and I have to just resign myself that they will be gone by the time I get there. Not much I can do, though.

So I'm coming from Kansas City, Missouri, and there is another inaugural 1/2 marathon in town this weekend too, (The Longview Half),of course weather predictions are low 20's and SNOW. Can I take this moment to express how happy I am that instead of running THAT, I am running in the 50's and 60's, in sunny, FLAT, California? Yes, I am.

Jennifer

So I'm coming from Kansas City, Missouri, and there is another inaugural 1/2 marathon in town this weekend too, (The Longview Half),of course weather predictions are low 20's and SNOW. Can I take this moment to express how happy I am that instead of running THAT, I am running in the 50's and 60's, in sunny, FLAT, California? Yes, I am.

Jennifer

I was looking at the weather forecast for back home (arrived in CA on Tuesday) and it was a big fat ZERO degrees out last night. With you on the 'I'm glad I'm home this weekend running.'

The Iron Man rumors I question. They can't do it in Florida due to the issues in the lake. Unless they plan on us swimming the entire 2 miles in a pool. Which can be done but that means the size of the field would have to decrease. And in California I have no clue where we would swim.

My first 1/2 last year in Cleveland it was 17 degrees outside and the water at the stops were iced over. I will savor the Anaheim weather all weekend long while my family cheers me on in Cleveland.

So I'm coming from Kansas City, Missouri, and there is another inaugural 1/2 marathon in town this weekend too, (The Longview Half),of course weather predictions are low 20's and SNOW. Can I take this moment to express how happy I am that instead of running THAT, I am running in the 50's and 60's, in sunny, FLAT, California? Yes, I am. Jennifer

I'm with you! I'm coming to CA from Olathe and I have friends running that race. It was so hard not to say "nanny nanny boo boo"!!!!!!!

We arrived yesterday and stepping off the plane into warm air was incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Are any of you lucky ducks who have/will hit the expo today able to post a picture of the race shirt?? Thank you :)

Are any of you lucky ducks who have/will hit the expo today able to post a picture of the race shirt?? Thank you :)
Sorry about reposting the official photo but I don't have the shirt on me. It's long sleeve:

7F019BE2-2FDC-4964-AF38-C6B2C2A76929_zpsb8gzgloj.jpg

Doing the Avengers Meet and Greets at Disneylans right now. Was tweeting about it and this happened:

A1BEF713-3E22-4991-8FE2-6FD50E60DAD3_zpsv57ijafx.png

3725CA3D-105B-43D6-8DFD-F9D144C1F14B_zps9mddwqdk.png

Went to the expo today. Was a little disappointed they said no medals for the vinylmation.

I went early but they seemed to have plenty in stock. Waited in line to get merchandise but the line to pay was almost non existent.

Sorry about reposting the official photo but I don't have the shirt on me. It's long sleeve: Doing the Avengers Meet and Greets at Disneylans right now. Was tweeting about it and this happened:

Thank you very much!

Went to the expo today. Was a little disappointed they said no medals for the vinylmation. I went early but they seemed to have plenty in stock. Waited in line to get merchandise but the line to pay was almost non existent.

I was disappointed as well. My 2014 Mickey will always be short a medal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter