Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
Welcome to the home of the new Official Cake thread.

The original thread has exceeded the limit of 250 pages and has been retired.
Here is the link to the original cake thread.

Here is the original information in the thread. If you have any updates, please PM me and I will update the first post.

Can't wait to see all the new cakes!

PREORDER PHONE NUMBERS

New "Cake Hotline" for ordering special occassion cakes!

5/29/07: DINE: New "Cake Hotline" for Guests requesting celebratory cakes at most Table Service dining locations. The Cake Hotline number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice.

Direct numbers for the Restaurants
1900 Park Fare 407-824-2978
AKL 407-938-3000
Akershus- Norway 407-560-5179
Alfredo 407-827-8428
Beach Club 407-934-8000
Boardwalk Bakery 407-939-5175
Brown Derby 407-560-5376
Cali Gril 407-824-1576
Chef's de France (provide a Choc mousse cake already there)
Chef Mickey's 407-824-1520
Contemporary 407-824-1000
Coral Reef 407-560-6784
CRT 407-824-7091
Crystal Palace 407-824-7091
Donald's Breakfastosauras 407-938-2905
GF Bakery407-824-2474.
GF Private Dining 407-824-2578, 407-824-2474
GF 407-824-3000
GARDEN GRILLE: 407 560 6071
Hoop De Doo 407-824-2660
LeCellier 407-560-6857
Marrakesh 407-827-5330
MK 407-824-4005 or 407-824-7091
Narcoossee’s 407-824-2978
MGM 407-560-3551
O'hana's 407-824-2165
Poly 407-824-2000
OKW 407-824-1198
Olivia's 407-824-7700
Roma 407-827-8417
Rose & Crown 407-560-3657
San Angel Inn 407-827-8040
Sci-Fi 407-560-3360
WCC 407-824-2660
WL Bakery 407-824-2090
WL 407-824-3200
Yacht club 407-924-7000, (407) 934-3160

Note all resorts have their own bakeries (mostly the deluxes and home away from homes do) and no, there are no bakeries (except the one on the Boardwalk) that you can walk up to and buy a cake from. You would need to pre-order the cake and have it delivered somewhere (your room or a restaurant in that resort).

SIZES AND PRICES

Updated by Lurkyloo
[The 6-inch] cakes are made on-site for all locations other than the MK. Magic Kingdom 6" cakes are made off-site by Sara Lee

6" cakes can not be customized and can be ordered when arriving at your resturant. These cakes will only say Happy Birthday.

$21.50 6 inches
$32.00 8 inches (Feeds 8)
$45.00 10 inches (feeds 10)
$25 Mini Castle Cakes
$48 Zebrea Striped Cake AKL
$20 Glass Slipper Dessert
$50+ White Choc Mickey w/tuxedo strawberries

Glass Slipper dessert available at GF restuarants and CRT not included in DDP MUST BE PREORDERED at least 48hrs

Also the Choc Mickey and Strawberries can also be ordered at the GF.

Castle cake only available at GF restuarants order 48 in advance

White Chocolate topper $35

GF Anniverary Cake $45 plus $15 for white chocolate topper

CRT told me they could put almost any character on the cake except Pooh and friends and pixar

GF Private Dining - only customize 10" or larger. They will add a name to smaller cakes but the options are white cake with white frosting or chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

list of all the cake and filling flavors available for wedding cakes made by the Grand Floridian Bakery - cakes made by the other bakeries may not be available in all these flavors.

Cake Flavors
Yellow
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Filling Flavors
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
German Chocolate
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey's Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Raspberries
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

WHEN TO ORDER

2 Weeks prior no less then 48 hrs

If you want to try and order something special at your resort, call in-room dining if you have it because they are the ones who can tell you what's available.

ROOM DELIVERY

They will not put anything in your room before you check into your room.

ORDER FORM INFO MK

If your dining experience is less than 72 hours away, you can order a "delicious and festive 6" cake upon your arrival." You may place your order with the podium Host or Hostess when you check in for your dining reservation. The cost of the cake is $12.50 plus tax.

More than 72 hours, from your dining experience you can special order a cake.

Sizes:
8" (serves 10) $25 plus tax
10: (serves 16) $40 plus tax
1/4 Full Sheet Cake (serves 20) $55 plus tax
1/2 Full Sheet Cake (serves 40) $80 plus tax

You can choose chocolate or vanilla cake AND standard buttercream icing or chocolate buttercream icing.

You can add the edible character(s) image that you want to the cake for a price of $8 for each image. They apologize but Winnie the Pooh characters are NOT available at this time.

You can add an inscription to the above cakes (e.g., Happy Birthday Joe, Happy Anniversary Dick and Jane). BUT only 2 names can be inscribed on an individual cake.

There is also the Mickey Mouse (Head) Cake. Mickey Mouse Cake $45 plus tax. NOTE: Inscriptions are NOT available on the Mickey Cake.

MILK FREE INFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolleymom
I just called the MK bakery and was told that they can make milk free cakes! She thinks that they can put a design on it also. I asked for an Ariel design. This is the first time that I will not have to make my own birthday cake!

email: wdw.magic.kingdom.cake.orders@disney.com
fax: 407-824-5530
voicemail: 407-824-7091

They can also make wheat-free / dairy-free cakes which are delicious. We had one for my wife's birthday New Year's Eve at Cinderella's Royal Table (was pre-arranged through central baking).

Thanks for the new site. Could you put a link to the old site. This way we can easily look up pics if we want to. I know there are cakes there that I use as reference.

Oh my I just reread the first post and saw the link. I am so blind at times. Thanks for the link.

So, a question about the anniversary cakes... does anyone know if they can replicate your wedding cake? We're moving before our first year anniversary and I'd love to get one from the GF or Boardwalk bakery that's just a little two tier cake that we can share at dinner. :)

Yep the Gf will recreate your top layer...the thing is you have to have it served at a GF restaurant, have a private party or cruise or pick it up. Ours was amazing...I say go for it!

Okay I was wondering if I could get the Shoe dessert sent over from the GF to CF for my Bachelorette Party that we are having in Sept.?

So I'm heading down to the World on July 3. My parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on July 8, and we're having dinner at Narcoosee's. I just called the folks at the cake hotline and ordered a cake for dinner that night. (On a side note I was getting REALLY annoyed that the lady I dealt with was pushing me to just order the 6 inch at the podium when I got there...there are EIGHT adults at this meal. 6 inch? Aahhh, no. And she kept spelling my last name wrong...at this point I'll be stunned if they even HAVE a cake when I get there.) I asked her if I could have my credit card charged because I really didn't want it to appear on the restaurant bill, as I know the other family with us will likely foot the meal, and I want this to be part of gift to my parents. She wouldn't let me and insisted I tell the hostess at the podium when we're being seated that I ask the server to bill the cake seperately to just me. I don't have a HUGE problem with this, but I was kind of hoping to keep the cake a little bit more of a surprise...and I feel tacky saying bring me the bill but JUST for the cake. I thought I had read on part 1 of this thread that other people were able to have their credit card charged when they ordered. Was I mistaken?

Thanks!

I was also told that you could only pay on arrival but I too have read of other people paying in advance, maybe it depends on venue.

We are going down in a few weeks (who am I kidding...30 days from today! ;) ) and I would like to order a mini castle cake for dd for our 1900 Park Fare dinner.

I am planning on calling 2wks out, but which is better to call...the cake hotline or 1900 Park Fare directly?

Thanks!

Yep the Gf will recreate your top layer...the thing is you have to have it served at a GF restaurant, have a private party or cruise or pick it up. Ours was amazing...I say go for it!

Wow Pixie, those cakes were gorgeous and looked delish! If you don't mind my being nosy, how much was the minimum for the Illuminations Dessert Party and how did you set it up?:)

Minniemouse07

I recently ordered the Mini Castle cake for my parents anniversary. I called the GF Bakery to order it. Just make sure that when you check in at 1900 that the cake is in the computer. Mine was not so when I mentioned it to our waitress she did not know what I was talking about and the surprise ended up being ruined. On the bright side, the cake was wonderful and I got it for free!:cool1: Hope this helps!

ok question i am not sure i want a cake but i think the strawberrys sent to the room on a specific night how do i arrange that? i want it there when we get back from out anniversary dinner

ok question i am not sure i want a cake but i think the strawberrys sent to the room on a specific night how do i arrange that? i want it there when we get back from out anniversary dinner

We are staying at AKL and I'd like to know this same question. Has anyone gotten the strawberries at AKL?

We will be staying at the Pop Century in September for our son's 8th birthday. Could anyone tell me what the cakes are like from Pop Century? or Do the other resorts deliver to Pop?

In addition, we will be dining at Prime Time Cafe and Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dining. Has anyone seen or had any fun cakes from these locations?

I want to make this a fun and exciting surprise so any help that can be provided to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!:)

Just wanted to say :thanks: to all that post the pics of their :cake:. We leave one week from today and I ordered 5 :cake:s, 2 slipper desserts (one from CRT and one from 1900PF) and the mini castle :cake: to celebrate our :groom: :bride: Anniversary and our three kids :bday: I'll post them when I get back. :yay:

HOw about the Chef Mickey Cakes? I am going to order one our last night there! I was thinking of the Mickey Head... can anyone tell me about this one or my other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter