***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Okay, not scrolling through 72 pages of posts to find this answer....(sorry!)....

We booked the lunch we want (Spice Road Table), 1 p.m. (is that a horrible idea?? We'll be in Epcot already....) and it gave me the 5 p.m. CP show. We do plan to stay for IllumiNations.

Can we call and get the time switched, if one of the later times is available? We don't plan on riding a lot of the rides in Epcot, mostly just wandering World Showcase and seeing all the sights. But also don't want to be rushing to lunch, rushing to CP, rushing to see the park, rushing to IllumiNations....Thoughts??
You can't call to switch the time (unless you call and have them cancel your current reservation and search for a new one under the show time you want). However, many people on this thread have tried the "refresh" strategy. You can try booking another reservation and just keep refreshing under the time you want (ie: 1:00 lunch) and hopefully a new show time will show up, such as 6:45 or 8:15.

Can we call and get the time switched, if one of the later times is available?

I respectfully disagree with the PP.

You most certainly can call and ask if they can switch you to a different show. Asking is ALWAYS okay. They may or may not be able to do it, but if you'd like to do a later show, it's worth a call to see if they can make it happen.

I respectfully disagree with the PP.

You most certainly can call and ask if they can switch you to a different show. Asking is ALWAYS okay. They may or may not be able to do it, but if you'd like to do a later show, it's worth a call to see if they can make it happen.

From those more experienced than me, are we right to think a less choppy day would be better? In other words, we do Future World (is that what it's called? The "ride" side of Epcot..?) in the morning before lunch, then head to World Showcase at lunch time for our reservation, then rather than having 2.5 hrs/CP/2.5 hrs/IllumiNations move the CP time later so it's more exploring time and then the 2 "shows" more back-to-back/closer together...?

And if we get the last time slot for CP, is there enough time to get to IllumiNations afterwards? (we are hoping to use one of our FP for it, which should help).
Thanks for any more advice on this!

And if we get the last time slot for CP, is there enough time to get to IllumiNations afterwards? (we are hoping to use one of our FP for it, which should help).
Thanks for any more advice on this!

Yes, on CP nights, they move Illuminations to 9:30, so you'll be fine with or without the FP. Illuminations can be seen from anywhere around the very large lagoon, so it's not quite like finding a spot for fireworks at MK or needing to get to the theater like Studios and AK.

As to the less choppy, it's probably a matter of preference, but I agree with you. I'd much rather have the longer touring time and the two shows to cap off the evening.

Yes, on CP nights, they move Illuminations to 9:30, so you'll be fine with or without the FP. Illuminations can be seen from anywhere around the very large lagoon, so it's not quite like finding a spot for fireworks at MK or needing to get to the theater like Studios and AK.

As to the less choppy, it's probably a matter of preference, but I agree with you. I'd much rather have the longer touring time and the two shows to cap off the evening.
Oh, thank you! that's very helpful. We'll probably do that, then, drop the FP, and move the CP to later. I need to make sure with DH that everyone will be up for that long of a day, but I'm imagining despite the crowds that our Epcot day will be one of our more relaxed days (just hopefully they all don't get bored, like they think....). We'll see....

Anyway, thank you!

If I have the middle CP show, does the timing for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party work? We haven't done Frozen yet, and this might be a way to get 'er done, along with desserts and drinks.

If I have the middle CP show, does the timing for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party work? We haven't done Frozen yet, and this might be a way to get 'er done, along with desserts and drinks.

Yes, it works and this is exactly what we’re planning for our last night - 6:15 CP and FEA dessert party starting at 8:30.

Just an FYI because someone was asking a while back....

I called and tried to get the CP time changed on my CP package and the CM said she was not able to do it.

I had to cancel and rebook my reservation several times before I was finally able to get the preferred time. It was very stressful! I just knew I was going to lose the reservation (PPO Garden Grill).

I wish they would let you select the time you want when making the reservation. It would be much simpler!

Just an FYI because someone was asking a while back....

I called and tried to get the CP time changed on my CP package and the CM said she was not able to do it.

I had to cancel and rebook my reservation several times before I was finally able to get the preferred time. It was very stressful! I just knew I was going to lose the reservation (PPO Garden Grill).

I wish they would let you select the time you want when making the reservation. It would be much simpler!

Are there other people in your party? As advice for the next time: book your original reservation under someone else in your party (say, under your partner's name). This will allow you to continue to search and book other reservations under YOUR name without canceling the original. If you find something you like better and book it under your name, you can then go back and cancel the reservation originally made under your partner's name.

Are there other people in your party? As advice for the next time: book your original reservation under someone else in your party (say, under your partner's name). This will allow you to continue to search and book other reservations under YOUR name without canceling the original. If you find something you like better and book it under your name, you can then go back and cancel the reservation originally made under your partner's name.

I’m the only adult, so unfortunately that wouldn’t work for us. But it’s a great suggestion!

Would this work in reverse? Book the others (searching for the right time) in partner's name, and then cancel the one in my name once we find the one with the right CP time? (we have multiple adults in the party, as our oldest 2 kids will be "adults" by the time we go)

Or since I already put their names as part of the party on the 1st reservation, will it be a "double booked" situation, and won't work?

Would this work in reverse? Book the others (searching for the right time) in partner's name, and then cancel the one in my name once we find the one with the right CP time? (we have multiple adults in the party, as our oldest 2 kids will be "adults" by the time we go)

Or since I already put their names as part of the party on the 1st reservation, will it be a "double booked" situation, and won't work?

I have found that it doesn't work in the reverse. As soon as you book a reservation with yourself as the manager of it, it won't let you book any more. Booking first under other people's names in your party allows you to continue to manage and search for reservations yourself. Make sense?

I have posted this in the December Canceled ADR thread but thought I would also post here. Please remove if this post is not allowed.
I have an early dinner CP package for Chef de France at 4:10 pm with 6:45 Processional for 12/3. This is with NPH. PM me if you want to coordinate times to drop/pick up. This is for 2 guests.

Hi! Brand new here and first timer to WDW! Pardon me if this was stated above, but to clarify is the only way to find out which CP show you will get is to book online but then to call to request your showtime?

Does anyone know if there is a special menu for the CP package? We have a reservation at Via Napoli December 9th.

Found the answer in a different thread...

Last edited:
If it's any comfort, those rumblings have been around for YEARS. With all the other new stuff coming online in the next few years, I don't see how they have time or money to rework this right now. I think it'll be there for a few years yet.
Oh wow!!! I'll have to check this out!

Hi! Brand new here and first timer to WDW! Pardon me if this was stated above, but to clarify is the only way to find out which CP show you will get is to book online but then to call to request your showtime?

No. You will be assigned a showtime when you book online. You will be able to see the showtime connected to the time of your reservation before you commit to booking online.

If you'd rather call to book and get a certain showtime, you can. However, they will just be doing the same thing on their end that you would be doing booking online - searching through different times / restaurants to find the showtime you want.

Hope that helps! :santa:

Has anyone seen any availability at Trattoria Al Forno, not breakfast, for the last night 12/30.? I'm unsure if I have just missed it or if for some reason it is not being offered. We have Nine Dragons booked as our back up.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts