***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

We have a dining package at Via Napoli on December 15th with dinner at 5 and the last CP show of the night. What time would you recommend we get in line? My husband is super excited to see Gary Sinise so I'm hoping for great seats.

We have a dining package at Via Napoli on December 15th with dinner at 5 and the last CP show of the night. What time would you recommend we get in line? My husband is super excited to see Gary Sinise so I'm hoping for great seats.
General consensus is that if you have a dining package, you should get in line about 45 minutes before the show. Longer if you want the best seats in the house. They will not let the general public (non dining package) crowd into the venue until about 20 minutes before the show.

General consensus is that if you have a dining package, you should get in line about 45 minutes before the show. Longer if you want the best seats in the house. They will not let the general public (non dining package) crowd into the venue until about 20 minutes before the show.
Thanks so much! I was thinking an hour before so we should be good. We've never been during Christmas so we're all super excited for the show and Gary Sinise!!

Greetings! Looking for feedback/opinions I've got a tight fast pass (sp corrected!...planning on making it by end of the allotted hour w. grace period) at HS beginning 6:30 (till 7:45 technically)- in Toy Story Land ... leaving Epcot with 5:00 pm Candlelight Processional dining pkg booked- Is the show (historically) closer to 30 mins or 45 min? ...and opinions if should bug out early if using Friendship boat to get to HS (walking not a good option for us). Thanks!

Last edited:
Greetings! Looking for feedback/opinions I've got a tight fastness (planning on making it by end of the allotted hour w. grace period) at HS beginning 6:30 (till 7:45 technically)- in Toy Story Land ... leaving Epcot with 5:00 pm Candlelight Processional dining pkg booked- Is the show (historically) closer to 30 mins or 45 min? ...and opinions if should bug out early if using Friendship boat to get to HS (walking not a good option for us). Thanks!
Not sure when your trip is, but the Friendship boats won't be running for a few weeks (mid November to late December). It has to do with the gondola construction. This will likely factor into your plans. I *think* there may be bus service between the 2 parks at that time, but I'm not positive. I would probably take an Uber, just to be safe.

Not sure when your trip is, but the Friendship boats won't be running for a few weeks (mid November to late December). It has to do with the gondola construction. This will likely factor into your plans. I *think* there may be bus service between the 2 parks at that time, but I'm not positive. I would probably take an Uber, just to be safe.
@CJK I agree, the Uber suggestion is a good one in @Luvears time sensitive situation.

The latest info I've seen is the friendship boats will be available to and from Epcot resorts to HS. They won't be available to and from Epcot. There is an International Gateway thread on the rumor board with more. The most recent info is in the posts of the last few days.
And as referenced above, it sounds like they are also planning bus service. I continue to read that we should be able to walk to and from Epcot though the International Gateway.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
Greetings! Looking for feedback/opinions I've got a tight fastness (planning on making it by end of the allotted hour w. grace period) at HS beginning 6:30 (till 7:45 technically)- in Toy Story Land ... leaving Epcot with 5:00 pm Candlelight Processional dining pkg booked- Is the show (historically) closer to 30 mins or 45 min? ...and opinions if should bug out early if using Friendship boat to get to HS (walking not a good option for us). Thanks!
The show is at least 45 minutes. Never as quick as 30.

Hmm- 12/23 show and if Friendship boats from Int'l gateway to Epcot not running that's another situation-thx for the mention- 1 in our party has ECV so it's ferry or bus- trekking back to busses will be a conflict w time for sure. All SD fast passes are distributed. Will cross fingers to see if Ferry is back in action by that time. Plan B is choice of ditching SD vs. ditching Candlelight...-OR leave early at 5:30 (really hate to do that) and walk (and "scoot")back to home DVC resort (Beach Club) and wait for ferry at Beach Club (assuming closer walk than BW) dock or take HS Bus from BC...

Last edited:
Hmm- 12/23 show and if Friendship boats from Int'l gateway to Epcot not running that's another situation-thx for the mention- 1 in our party has ECV so it's ferry or bus- trekking back to busses will be a conflict w time for sure. All SD fast passes are distributed. Will cross fingers to see if Ferry is back in action by that time. Plan B is choice of ditching SD vs. ditching Candlelight...-OR leave early at 5:30 (really hate to do that) and walk (and "scoot")back to home DVC resort (Beach Club) and wait for HS Bus...
Maybe also keep in mind people change their FP's. If you check regularly, you may find FP's at a much better time.

Hmm- 12/23 show and if Friendship boats from Int'l gateway to Epcot not running that's another situation-thx for the mention- 1 in our party has ECV so it's ferry or bus- trekking back to busses will be a conflict w time for sure. All SD fast passes are distributed. Will cross fingers to see if Ferry is back in action by that time. Plan B is choice of ditching SD vs. ditching Candlelight...-OR leave early at 5:30 (really hate to do that) and walk (and "scoot")back to home DVC resort (Beach Club) and wait for ferry at Beach Club (assuming closer walk than BW) dock or take HS Bus from BC...
Do you have another day at HS that you could ropedrop SD or ride is at the end of the evening? The wait is not that long without a fp at those times.

I absolutely would not rush away from CP or skip it in favour of SD. Just reading your plans of how to rush to get there is giving me a stomach ache, haha. I would stay at Epcot after the show, enjoy some holiday storytellers and watch Illuminations with the Christmas ending.

When I was doing a search today I noticed Disney dining has added more candlelight processional packages during the NPH dates. (Dec 3-6)

Has anyone done the second show? We have always done the first show but I waited too long to get reservations this time and if we go with our first choice restaurant, we will be at the second show. Is the first show over by the time you have to start lining up for the second? Anything else that's different (better or worse) about the second show as compared to the others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!