***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Hope so! Anxiously awaiting to find out who the narrators are so I can decide which night to get a dining package!
My recommendation...Book a Dining Package now for the nights you are "considering" seeing the Candlelight Processional and then cancel one, both, or none when you see who the narrators are. It's a lot easier to cancel a dining reservation when the narrators are announced than it will be to book one (potentially) when the narrators are announced.

My recommendation...Book a Dining Package now for the nights you are "considering" seeing the Candlelight Processional and then cancel one, both, or none when you see who the narrators are. It's a lot easier to cancel a dining reservation when the narrators are announced than it will be to book one (potentially) when the narrators are announced.

I booked a package for the 2 nights that would be a possibility several weeks ago. Would just like to make a decision and release one of the dates

Waiting on TBA Nov 28 - Dec 2 like...

tenor.gif

I wanna see a narrator that excites me like everyone else, but since nobody ever seems to say it, I do just wanna point out that really, the narrator is irrelevant to the show as a whole, to be honest. It is an outstanding celebration of the birth of Christ and a stunning spectacle of light and music and while it's cool to see a trendy celeb read the story and give us little asides about themselves or whatever, you will have a great time regardless of who it is.

Like, the first time I saw it, because of how big a deal I've seen made over the celeb narrator on these threads, I was actually kind of disappointed with how little they really had to do with the show itself, as wonderful as their presence was, they were not the reason it was a truly magical, spectacular evening, if I'm being honest, and it really would have made no difference to my enjoyment of the show if it had been a Disney cast member I didn't know who read the story or even just a automated voice. Now, if the celebs actually sang the songs, I could see being a little more excited for them, especially as some of these celebs are known for their voices. But while, they sorta do join in on the singing, you don't really hear them.

I wouldn't not see this because I get a celeb I don't know or twist myself into knots trying to fit in someone I do know because the celeb doesn't really add that much to the proceedings in my opinion.

I wanna see a narrator that excites me like everyone else, but since nobody ever seems to say it, I do just wanna point out that really, the narrator is irrelevant to the show as a whole, to be honest. It is an outstanding celebration of the birth of Christ and a stunning spectacle of light and music and while it's cool to see a trendy celeb read the story and give us little asides about themselves or whatever, you will have a great time regardless of who it is.

Like, the first time I saw it, because of how big a deal I've seen made over the celeb narrator on these threads, I was actually kind of disappointed with how little they really had to do with the show itself, as wonderful as their presence was, they were not the reason it was a truly magical, spectacular evening, if I'm being honest, and it really would have made no difference to my enjoyment of the show if it had been a Disney cast member I didn't know who read the story or even just a automated voice. Now, if the celebs actually sang the songs, I could see being a little more excited for them, especially as some of these celebs are known for their voices. But while, they sorta do join in on the singing, you don't really hear them.

I wouldn't not see this because I get a celeb I don't know or twist myself into knots trying to fit in someone I do know because the celeb doesn't really add that much to the proceedings in my opinion.
Well, there are probably lots of opinions on this.
There isn't any right or wrong in preferring or not preferring a particular narrator.
Now back to waiting for the narrator for the TBA dates, Nov 28-Dec 2. Maybe we will hear something this week?

Excellent point. My family is certainly more excited about the orchestra, choir, story and candlelight than about the celebrity.

We had a dining plan booked for Dec 27 with Jodi Benson but my family wanted to go before Christmas so I switched to Dec 23 with Auli’i Cravalho. It’s our first time doing the CP - do you think this was a good move?

Also, we aren’t Christian and our kids are young - 4-12 - is this a good choice or will they be bored? I read it’s @45 mins, which is longer than I was expecting. Is it very heavily religious?

We had a dining plan booked for Dec 27 with Jodi Benson but my family wanted to go before Christmas so I switched to Dec 23 with Auli’i Cravalho. It’s our first time doing the CP - do you think this was a good move?

Also, we aren’t Christian and our kids are young - 4-12 - is this a good choice or will they be bored? I read it’s @45 mins, which is longer than I was expecting. Is it very heavily religious?

The narrator reads the birth of Jesus from the Bible. The songs are traditional Christmas carols that also speak to His birth. It's not Rudolph, Frosty or others in that genre.

Hi @bkfamilyof5
There are videos on you tube of the candlelight processional. Maybe do a preview or two to get a better idea of the event. Hope this helps. :flower3:

Regardless of the message, the performances and mood are spectacular! No way will the 12 yr.old be bored. The 4 yr old may get restless but, Ive never seen a small child have to be walked out.

I just checked back on this thread to find out if anyone has an estimate as to when they’ll announce the TBD narrators. I am trying to decide between 11/30 and 12/1. Hopefully we find out soon!

Also, does anyone have a list of what’s included in the Tutto Italia dining package for dinner?

I just checked back on this thread to find out if anyone has an estimate as to when they’ll announce the TBD narrators. I am trying to decide between 11/30 and 12/1. Hopefully we find out soon!

Also, does anyone have a list of what’s included in the Tutto Italia dining package for dinner?

I believe we are already past the latest Disney has ever filled in the TBD, so it's anyone's guess now as to when they will finally have a narrator. I'm sure they're working on it.

Is there something about Tutto's menu that gives you a specific question? All CP pkgs include an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink. You should be able to choose one from each of those sections on their menus.

I believe we are already past the latest Disney has ever filled in the TBD, so it's anyone's guess now as to when they will finally have a narrator. I'm sure they're working on it.

Is there something about Tutto's menu that gives you a specific question? All CP pkgs include an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink. You should be able to choose one from each of those sections on their menus.
Thanks! I wasn’t sure if it was the standard menu or if they limited the selection :)

Just a heads up. I will be opening up a Biergarten for 2 for Nov. 30. I was holding this in case the TBD ended up being somebody my parents would absolutely love, but at this point, we have the entire rest of our trip booked, planned, signed, sealed, delivered, all based on the Nov. 27 CP they already have. Keeping this still leaves open the possiblity that I would have to rearrange the rest of their epcot touring plans based on entertainer times, plus the FEA dessert party....its just not worth it at this point. So, I'll just drop it, be done, and go to my mailbox to pick up my magic bands!!

I’m going to address this because you posted right after my joke gif.

The narrarator is relevant if I plan to keep paying for it. That is why this is called the Official CP Dining Package Watch Thread. While I am deeply moved by the show, I do not wish to pay to see and hear the same narrator multiple times. Even swanky celebs.

You are ok with a CM or automated voice narrarating because the story, lights, and music alone do it for you. Great. However, for others, like non-believers, this is not the case and where the celebrity narrarators come in.

Celebrities are performers. They don’t just stand there and read. They bring years of professional experience and training in displaying their personalities, style, and, most importantly imo, voices. It doesn’t get any better than hearing the voices of Ariel, Moana, or my favorite game show host read the birth of Christ. It is an extra element of surprise and excitement.

Anyway, again, my point is that I do not want to pay $300+ for upfront priority seating for a narrator we have seen and heard numerous times. Zero to do with seeing and enjoying the show.

I’m going to address this because you posted right after my joke gif.

The narrarator is relevant if I plan to keep paying for it. That is why this is called the Official CP Dining Package Watch Thread. While I am deeply moved by the show, I do not wish to pay to see and hear the same narrator multiple times. Even swanky celebs.

You are ok with a CM or automated voice narrarating because the story, lights, and music alone do it for you. Great. However, for others, like non-believers, this is not the case and where the celebrity narrarators come in.

Celebrities are performers. They don’t just stand there and read. They bring years of professional experience and training in displaying their personalities, style, and, most importantly imo, voices. It doesn’t get any better than hearing the voices of Ariel, Moana, or my favorite game show host read the birth of Christ. It is an extra element of surprise and excitement.

Anyway, again, my point is that I do not want to pay $300+ for upfront priority seating for a narrator we have seen and heard numerous times. Zero to do with seeing and enjoying the show.

This is fair and I understand your points!

I absolutely love this event and cannot easier. Our first CP narrator was Jodi Benson and I only wished I could have heard gat sing some of the songs. It is such a moving show for me.

Well Jodi Benson's voice is pretty iconic as far as speaking voices go...... would your 4 year old like to hear her?

I absolutely love this event and cannot easier. Our first CP narrator was Jodi Benson and I only wished I could have heard gat sing some of the songs. It is such a moving show for me.

Well Jodi Benson's voice is pretty iconic as far as speaking voices go...... would your 4 year old like to hear her?

I don’t think he’ll really care - he’s much more of a Moana fan than Ariel. My 6yo loves both but I’m not sure either of them will “register” seeing a non-animated adult as the same person as the voice behind an animated character...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter