***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

So, we arrived before 4pm and I laughingly told my husband as we walked from "France"....."look at those poor people in the standby line weaved 3 deep back to Japan....." And those poor people are us.... It's the Candlelight Dinner Package. I cannot believe we are in line over an hour early with the dinner package.

The line was backed up to Morocco on our night and I was at the end of it due to our ADR being so backed up.

It honestly wasn’t bad though. We got a great spot on the front row of the 2nd section (probably because it was freezing cold and windy and no one wanted it!)

Went last night dec 3rd for NPH. The stadnby line was crazy. As we laughed we had to walk in between morocco and japan to find the end, that was after they started letting people in. Great show and we had a good seat

So, we arrived before 4pm and I laughingly told my husband as we walked from "France"....."look at those poor people in the standby line weaved 3 deep back to Japan....." And those poor people are us.... It's the Candlelight Dinner Package. I cannot believe we are in line over an hour early with the dinner package.
So, how did your seats end up being? Good show? We're going tonight.

We went last night (12/3) and saw the last show of the night. It was tremendous and so far the highlight of our Christmas trip. We ate at Chefs de France at 5:20 and left the restaurant at 7:10. Two in our party went to get in line while others went to catch Father Christmas. The line for the dining package was almost to France and it was pouring rain. My family was in line closer to Japan and we did not get a seat in the first handful of rows under the overhang and it absolutely poured on us for a bit. The cast members ask to close umbrellas once the show starts.
So, moral of my story is, if there is rain forecasted, pack appropriate gear and get to the front of the line as early as you can to ensure you’re under the overhang. (An hour or more) We had fun with it and thankfully the rain stopped but we were soaked to the bone. NPH and the cast/musicians were totally worth it, though!

How does the process work with a dining package? Do they give you something at some point to signify you have a reserved spot at the show? How early do you need to get to the show with a reservation?

How does the process work with a dining package? Do they give you something at some point to signify you have a reserved spot at the show? How early do you need to get to the show with a reservation?

You get a sticker when you pay for your meal. Just put it on your shirt so the CM's can see it when you enter the line.

How early depends on where you want to sit. We have arrived 15 minutes prior to showtime and had decent seats right in front of the standby rows (so near the back of the theater). This week, we wanted under the covered section because it was calling for rain so we got in line at 7pm for the 8:15pm show and sat on the front row. They let us in at 7:45pm so we really only stood in line for 45 minutes.

I went last nite to see NPH. I ate at Biergarten at 4:15 and left there and made a restroom spot and headed to get in line which was all the way in Morocco at 5:45. I thought that was insane. But even more insane were the people whom lined up in standby at 11 am. Am so glad I got the package. I was sitting in the middle a couple rows back from where they were filming for the live blog. Totally enjoyed it and I love the Hallelujah Chorus!

We were there last night to see NPH. We ate at Teppen Edo for lunch, my boys (5 and 2) were enthralled watching the food being cooked, and the chef very kindly made a small plate of food just for our 2-year old even though we weren't paying for him. We got in line for the seating a little later than we'd hoped at 4.15pm and the line was right the way back to Morocco so I wasn't hopeful that we'd get great seats, but they ended up being fine, about halfway back in the second section with a little space in front of us for the kids to play on the ground while we waited for the show to start. We had a panicky moment when we got to the front of the dinner package line and my 5-year old realized he'd lost his sticker somewhere, but they just waved us through thank goodness.

My 5-year old is a theater nut and absolutely loves this show (he's been seeing it since he was 2 weeks old!) so he was good as gold. The 2-year old not so much; he sat on my lap (in a vice like grip so he couldn't get down and run off) and had no problem pointing things out to me loudly during the show ("mommy now it's BLUE! Now it's PINK! Mommy they're SINGING!") Thankfully he was quiet during the narrated portions and only really chose to make his announcements during the songs which were loud anyway, but my husband has suggested a babysitter for him next year...

NPH was as good as he always is, although he stumbled a little bit over his opening. The singing and music was amazing as ever (and as usual, I spent most of my time watching the percussionists, they have so much to do!)

Hi All, Did anyone use Dining credits for their CP package? I am wondering if you get the choice of an alcoholic beverage when using dining plan credits.
Thanks in advance

Hi All, Did anyone use Dining credits for their CP package? I am wondering if you get the choice of an alcoholic beverage when using dining plan credits.
Thanks in advance

We used the dining plan. The server did say I was entitled to an alcoholic beverage (though I didn’t get one since I don’t drink alcohol).

We used the dining plan. The server did say I was entitled to an alcoholic beverage (though I didn’t get one since I don’t drink alcohol).

Where did you eat? This could still depend on whether you're at a Disney-owned restaurant or not.

Thanks in advance

The other family at our table at Biergarten were on the DDP and they all had a beer/wine with their meal. Waiter told them they were included for them.

Thanks in advance

Alcoholic beverage was offered to us today at Biergarten on DDP.

Tonight with NPH. Awesome Conductor! And I always enjoy watching the lady signing. She really gets into it...

1AFD8209-6E6E-4A99-B922-A031F70AE645.jpeg97ECD5F0-EB2B-45BE-AD9F-91FF248A44FA.jpeg27B64796-454D-44FB-8D98-4D6B4602ACB2.jpeg 884B9857-2E08-4530-92ED-5B40874FF236.jpeg

NPH was as good as he always is, although he stumbled a little bit over his opening. The singing and music was amazing as ever (and as usual, I spent most of my time watching the percussionists, they have so much to do!)

He stumbled tonight, as well. Several times. He almost forgot to introduce Joy to the World after a weird pause.

However, what I didn’t like is him saying the story is a “timeless tale.” Several people found it disrespectful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter