***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Every time they announce new narrators, I think this’ll be the time they announce Kurt Russell is returning this year! Alas...

While I have never heard the name, "Bart Millard", in my life, I have heard of the group, 'MercyMe', and know the song, 'I Can Only Imagine' (great song), so in that sense, I sorta know who he is.

But anyway, I'm in the 'TBD' window, too, so I am hoping those get announced soon. Last time I got to see Jonathan Groff (Frozen's Kristoff, Broadway's Spring Awakening & Hamilton, Netflix's Mindhunter, HBO's Looking) and it just so happened I was a big fan of him, so I really lucked out, and he was truly a wonderful narrator, personable and friendly and warm, and it was his first time back in Disney since he was a kid, so his enthusiasm was palpable. (This was back in 2014)

We saw him too and he did a great job, would have loved to see him come back.

Saw Matt Bomer last year and he was amazing, would have loved him to come too! I guess I'll be sticking with my 2 NPH reservations.

I've never heard of Bart Millard either, but I'm not a Christian music fan. I do like Helen Hunt, so I might swing by when she's there.

So we might be going to our first ever CP. Step-son is singing in a choir there on Dec. 17, so I did make a CP dining package ADR in case we are able to go. I did see upthread someone mentioning that there was reserved seating for family members? Can anyone confirm this? I would still make a dinner ADR but the times that were available with the package that day were not ideal. We have not booked any hotel or park tickets yet as a job situation is up in the air so this may end up being last minute. All of this is new to me so I appreciate any help and advice!

eta: Gary Sinese is the narrator so I really hope this works out, would love to see him!

Last edited:

If you had a choice between Jodi Benson with dinner at chefs de France on the dining plan or Cal Ripken Jnr with dinner at nine dragons paying oop which would you pick?
Does your narrator really matter that much?
Thanks for any advice.

Jodi Benson for sure for me. I have watched videos of her doing the CP. She is amazing. Maybe Cal Ripken is good too, but for me, I wanna see Little Mermaid and not a baseball player.

Another vote for Jodi. And Chefs de France.

Thanks. We were hoping to wait to do it till we were staying at the beach club but I think we will go with Jodi Benson on Boxing Day and the monorail back to our hotel.

If you had a choice between Jodi Benson with dinner at chefs de France on the dining plan or Cal Ripken Jnr with dinner at nine dragons paying oop which would you pick?
Does your narrator really matter that much?
Thanks for any advice.
I don't think you can go wrong with either Cal Ripken Jr is a baseball hall of famer that gives some really amazing speeches. I would think he would do a great job of narrating.
Jodi Benson would be wonderful too.
If I had the same choice, I'd have a hard time making up my mind. :-)

Is there anyway to change the time of the show you attend when booking a dining package? My ADR is for the 5:00 show and I'd rather have a later. I do keep looking for another dining time, but Via Napoli ADR's seen to be scarce

Patiently waiting for November 28-30 narrators. Was hoping they would come out before I need to make my fastpasses on Friday. No such luck :(
Me too, although at this point I think I'm not so patiently waiting, LOL. My oldest really wants to see Alfonso on the 26th so we have that booked but it's our first day so it might be too much of a rush.

Me too, although at this point I think I'm not so patiently waiting, LOL. My oldest really wants to see Alfonso on the 26th so we have that booked but it's our first day so it might be too much of a rush.
Also waiting. I am thinking that the narrator for Nov 28-30 will be fabulous, since we had to wait so long to find out who it is. :D

Is there anyway to change the time of the show you attend when booking a dining package? My ADR is for the 5:00 show and I'd rather have a later. I do keep looking for another dining time, but Via Napoli ADR's seen to be scarce

Give Disney dining a call and see if they can do it. No guarantees, but they can sometimes work magic that we can't.

EDITED: I found my answer. It is you can order what you want if anyone else happens to have the same question.

With the Dining package for Coral Reef do you get to pick anything on the menu for your meal? Or is there a set menu for the package like their price fixed meal?

We are, we are !! My kids are so excited ! Booked it when she had not yet been announced as a narrator - so glad she will be reading on our date !

We were originally scheduled to see/hear Edward James Olmos, but when I saw the updated list I quickly changed ressies. I was surprised by how easy it was to find a table / reservation - granted we are going to the second showing and eating at Spice Road, which I know is one of the less popular options. We're looking forward to it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts