Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

Missy1961

Knows who did it and why
Any guesses for what will happen next?

I don't think Beckett will die, but did she hear what Castle said to her??

Who's the 'big guy' behind the murder of Beckett's mom & the others?

and most importantly, will they or won't they!!

I think Beckett definitely lives, she didn't hear him, or she pretends not to.

Maybe the Mayor? Which could throw in a plot twist because he has sort of sanctioned Castle being involved with Kate and the PD to begin with.

Finally, I hope they "won't". As much as I like the idea of it, the tension is one of the best parts about the show, and like many other shows, when they finally do, well then it becomes a let down for the viewer because the tension is no longer there.

I can't wait for tonight! I think she will live, I hope they don't act on anything. Does anyone remember Moonlighting? The fun was the anticipation, once they hooked up the show went downhill.

I can't wait for tonight! I think she will live, I hope they don't act on anything. Does anyone remember Moonlighting? The fun was the anticipation, once they hooked up the show went downhill.

I watched Moonlighting too, and yes, it did go downhill after they hooked up. But there were a lot of other factors there--they really didn't like each other, she was going thru a tough pregnancy, etc. etc. I really think Castle could be the show that could buck that trend. And honestly, if producers keep using ML as an excuse, then they should stop doing the "will they or won't they" stuff. It becomes a bit annoying. Who pines after someone that long without realizing how stupid it is? Even Scarlett O'Hara realized Ashley Wilkes was a whiny baby after a while. Either hook up or don't start that stuff. JMO.

Another vote for her not being dead..the show wouldn't be "right" without her for one thing..they can't kill her off.

I am going to speculate that she is going to have some sort of "amnesia" related to the incident (you how they like to do that in shows) and she isn't going to know what Castle said to her.

I am totally torn on them getting together....I can see how it could be a wonderful thing and I can see how it would damage the chemistry they have if they made them a couple. I think it is too early in the show for them to "give in" and make them a couple or get them together.

Entertainment Weekly had a piece a few weeks ago with the writers of the show. They basically said, "She's not dead," (of course we kind of knew that b/c what would be the point of the show otherwise) and that they are going to sort of take the relationship up a notch without going too far with it. Here it is:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20302134_20527525,00.html

or she pretends not to.

I was glad they ended with her back at the psych eval and she admitted she had lied!

Did anyone else think that Alexis' reaction to her dad getting back involved seemed out of character for her?

OK, this is bothering me. Did anyone else think it was odd that she was wearing so much makeup when Castle visited her in the hospital? My goodness she had on blue eye shadow and about a whole tube of mascara! It was so glaring to me! She looked so much more natural when she returned to work. It has nothing to do with anything, but it really stuck out to me.

OK, this is bothering me. Did anyone else think it was odd that she was wearing so much makeup when Castle visited her in the hospital? My goodness she had on blue eye shadow and about a whole tube of mascara! It was so glaring to me! She looked so much more natural when she returned to work. It has nothing to do with anything, but it really stuck out to me.

bothered me too. She did have on all that makeup at the funeral. And they rushed her right into surgery. But they didn't clean her face after the surgery? makes no sense.

I will say I liked the way they handled it--she acknowledged that it's hard for her to have relationship. That makes a lot of sense to me. And he's not turning away from his feelings either. And I loved the last scene! And did everyone recognize her therapist? It might not be easy! He used to play a Klingon in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (his name is Michael Dorn).

And did they explain who the guy was--the one that Roy sent the stuff to? I missed the scene after he calls Rick.

I noticed the same thing! Who wears that much makeup right after surgery? :confused3

I also thought Alexis' reaction was a little odd. :confused3 Maybe it is part of a new storyline where Alexis doesn't want her dad involved in police work at all.

Yes! I did notice this. My only thought was that she had that on at the funeral and no one washed her face, but at the point Castle visited her she would have already been through the surgery, recovery, and then overnight before he came back to see her. I thought it looked way too fresh, and not smudgy.

And did everyone recognize her therapist? It might not be easy! He used to play a Klingon in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (his name is Michael Dorn).

And did they explain who the guy was--the one that Roy sent the stuff to? I missed the scene after he calls Rick.

SO was waiting for him all episode, as he saw his name in the opening credits.

Also, the guy who received the packet of info had a mailbox labeled "Smith". Of course that might not have been his real name. "Smith" then calls someone at a Congressional Office. No other info came out about him yet.

apparently, we have to keep an eye out for "Smith" - according to a post at IMDB, he is the Dr behind Castle as he fixes his hair and enters Beckett's hospital room. Hmmm.....

can anyone answer this?: the envelope that Smith received seemed to contain a newspaper clipping of Beckett's shooting. Yet the envelope was mailed by Capt. Montgomery BEFORE his death, right? What am I missing?

next week's episode looks like fun!:happytv:

I loved how they did the season opener. Last season's finale was so heavy, and I thought they did a great job of starting this one in that heavy place and gradually working back to that fun sarcastic show we all know and love. When Becket cracked her joke at the end about the killer hiding place, I looked at DH and said, "She's baaaaack!"

I loved how they did the season opener. Last season's finale was so heavy, and I thought they did a great job of starting this one in that heavy place and gradually working back to that fun sarcastic show we all know and love. When Becket cracked her joke at the end about the killer hiding place, I looked at DH and said, "She's baaaaack!"

I thought that too! Plus seeing the highlights for the next episode--looked like a typical episode. The writers/producers are doing a great job with this show.

........ And did everyone recognize her therapist? It might not be easy! He used to play a Klingon in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (his name is Michael Dorn).

And the new captain "Iron Gates" was Cassidy Yates (Sisco's girlfriend) on ST:Deep Space Nine.

apparently, we have to keep an eye out for "Smith" - according to a post at IMDB, he is the Dr behind Castle as he fixes his hair and enters Beckett's hospital room. Hmmm.....

can anyone answer this?: the envelope that Smith received seemed to contain a newspaper clipping of Beckett's shooting. Yet the envelope was mailed by Capt. Montgomery BEFORE his death, right? What am I missing? next week's episode looks like fun!:happytv:

Looking back at it, it seems like he had the newspaper article out about the shooting and then he dumped the contents of the envelope from Montgomery on top of it.

Funny thing my husband thought "Smith" was Kate's father. We are re-watching it just to prove that there are two different people playing those parts. :rotfl:

Looking back at it, it seems like he had the newspaper article out about the shooting and then he dumped the contents of the envelope from Montgomery on top of it.

Funny thing my husband thought "Smith" was Kate's father. We are re-watching it just to prove that there are two different people playing those parts. :rotfl:

For a second I thought it was her dad too (when he was getting the package out of his mailbox).

I love Castle! With that being said, that had to be the lamest episode. There was too much going on with the Kate stuff and the other case that the episode was fractured. The best part was the end with the reveal that Kate did remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter