Official Dancing With the Stars: Spring 2018 Athlete edition

mandy200587

DIS Veteran
DWTS is back for another short but spring season. It's a 4 week season with 10 couples and it's all athlete's this time. Two couples will be eliminated each week and they will start with two dances. Myself and Imzadi are going to be cohosting this season. Show starts April 30th, announcement is April 9th! Finale will be 5/21

The Athlete "Stars":
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Retired NBA Basketball legend, record six-time NBA Champion & Most Valuable Player (MVP)
Johnny Damon - retired Major League Baseball player: Cleveland Indians, previously Tampa Bay Rays, Detriot Tigers, NY Yankees, Boston Red Sox
Mirai Nagasu - Ice figure skater was in Olympics 2018
Chris Mazdzer - Luger, Olympics silver medal winner, 2018
Josh Norman - NFL football player for the Washington Redskins
Jennie Finch - Retired softball pitcher, Olympics team silver medal winners, 2008
Tonya Harding - Retired ice figure skater
Jamie Anderson - Snowboarder, Olympics gold medal winner, 2014
Adam Rippon - Ice figure skater, Olympics bronze medal winner, 2018
Arike Ogunbowale- Woman's basketball player at University Norte Dame

The Athletes and their dance Pro Partners:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Lindsay
Johnny Damon & Emma
Mirai Nagasu & Alan
Chris Mazdzer & Witney
Josh Norman & Sharna
Jennie Finch & Leo
Tonya Harding & Sasha
Jamie Anderson & Artem
Adam Rippon & Jenna
Arike Ogunbowale & Gleb

VOTING INFO FOR FIRST WEEK!
For week one, the evening’s eliminations will be based on live viewer votes cast during the show’s live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones, along with the judges’ scores. During the live season premiere broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones at 8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT on Monday, April 30, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples, with these votes helping determine the couples who will move on to the next episode. This vote will be online only via ABC.com, will open at the top of the live show and end shortly after the last couple dances. Then, at the end of the episode, overnight voting will open for phone, ABC.com and Facebook, which will factor into the week two eliminations. Toll-free phone voting will be open nationwide from the end of the live show until 5:00 a.m. EDT/2:00 a.m. PDT on Tuesday. Online voting at ABC.com at http://dwtsvote.abc.go.com/ and on Facebook at http://bit.ly/2o1VO7b will open at the end of the live show and closes at 10:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday. During each voting window, when voting online at ABC.com or Facebook, viewers can reallocate their votes until the voting window closes.

Last edited:
Yay! :yay: Glad you started the thread, Mandy, :yay: our lead DWTS DIS detective, on the case, as the juicy info comes in. :thumbsup2 :surfweb:

Do we have any idea who the contestants will be? I'm not a huge sports fan, so I'm on the fence about this mini-season.

Do we have any idea who the contestants will be? I'm not a huge sports fan, so I'm on the fence about this mini-season.

Not yet, i've heard rumblings of some olympians but it's been kind of tight lipped. We just got confirmation about Gleb like two days ago

I haven't heard anything on due date.

It's also been a rough off season too for a few of our pros..Cheryl and Witney both lost fathers/father in laws

I was kind of disappointed too at first. Then one of the female Olympic ice skaters, who bombed at the Olympic,s said she was going to use her performance to "audition" for DWTS. And she got me thinking, :scratchin maybe this mini season will actually be a good, tight competition? With everyone being athletes, hopefully all of them will be able to MOVE really well, so ALL of them will hopefully be contenders. :dance3:

I *think* it's by mid-April so pretty dang close. I think it's just the best news :goodvibes

Me too. :lovestruc I saw one interview with Kym a few weeks ago. She was so over the moon about it. :cloud9:

Maybe they should make this show the new "Bachelorette" show. Kym got a rich, billionaire hubby, they really love each other, he helped finance her new dance/fitness studio and is really watching over the business end, "Shark" style to make sure it will be successful for her, and now they are expecting twins. :love:

Speculation just reported on GMA:

Rob Gronkowski, "Gronk" of the NE Patriots did a dance off with Shaquille O’Neal this weekend. According to Pagesix.com, he reportedly said, "he wants to win ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, and added, 'I’m the best dancer in the NFL,'” Whether he has actually been signed up for the show has not been released yet, until Mandy has more info :magnify:

He certainly seems to have the moves, especially to do some Latin dances. You can see some of the dance off here:

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/26/gronk-wants-to-win-dancing-with-the-stars-one-day/

Speculation just reported on GMA:

Rob Gronkowski, "Gronk" of the NE Patriots did a dance off with Shaquille O’Neal this weekend. According to Pagesix.com, he reportedly said, "he wants to win ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, and added, 'I’m the best dancer in the NFL,'” Whether he has actually been signed up for the show has not been released yet, until Mandy has more info :magnify:

He certainly seems to have the moves, especially to do some Latin dances. You can see some of the dance off here:

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/26/gronk-wants-to-win-dancing-with-the-stars-one-day/
I see a Magic Mike routine in his future.

I'm excited about this season! I always think the athletes do so well. I'd love to see some more figure skaters competing although I'd be kinda bummed if the girl who "auditioned" actually gets on.

Giving this a bump....Kym is having a boy and girl. Cheryl threw the party with Carson Kressley today for her

Those kids are going to be so stylish, with Carson probably giving an occasional outfit now and then. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter