OFFICIAL DEC 2018 PTR AND TR THREAD

Even though we are not arriving until Jan.2, we will be leaving home ( New Brunswick, Canada) on Dec. 31 and driving down. Our oldest DD24 will be flying in on Jan.3. We will spend her first day around FW and then over to DS to enjoy the Christmas Tree Trail. We are in a full hookup, we usually request 1700 loop. Hope to see many of you there, wish you safe travels.
When we stayed over Christmas, we would always make rope drop at MK on Christmas Day. When the crowds got crazy, usually around 10-11 am, we would head back to FW. The last couple of years we went we often spent Christmas afternoon bowling at Splitsville.

I have a picture of our car all alone in the parking lot at 1:30 am a few years ago. We got there at rope drop with 3 small kids and a double and single stroller and stayed all day. It was a random non-holiday Saturday in April or May and it was great. It’s rare to see those hours on regular days anymore. I’m a hard core rope drop person

Since our passes will blocked during our stay, we decided to head over to the MK today. We have been AP holders for 30 years (yes I am that OLD!) and I have never been on the "Jingle" Cruise, so that is what we did.......and only that. It was cute the way they add the Christmas decorations and change the jokes to fit the season. But Holy Cow the park was just too crowded that we skipped our other two fast passes and headed home.
MK jingle cruise.jpg MK jingle c.jpg MK jingle cruise rhino.jpg

Well,

I said I wasn't gonna do it.

I didn't wanna to do it.

I suppose, technically, I'm STILL not going to do it.

Kinda.

On our upcoming manatee camping trip this month, I said I didn't want to visit WDW. I'm a little over-saturated from the Disney College Program trips in support of DD (who is Type A more than me) who worked for The Mouse this past spring.

But she loves WDW and won't be with us much longer (the end of college expenses - me and DW can see it wayyyyyy out there (at least I think I do) - it's just the slightest glimmer of light and it's getting brighter) so I will indulge her. We'll only be an hour or so away from WDW so we have planned a day to come in and eat Brunch at Trails End, tour the MK resorts for Christmas decorations, and then visit Disney Springs (DD wants to hit the new WoD and The Christmas Shop). No parks (so technically that mean you're not doing a WDW trip, right?).

Saturday December 29 is the date (guess it's safe to come south on I4 early on a Saturday morning, huh? :drive:) and I actually am looking forward to Trails End. I'm going to check out the Christmas decorations at the Fort for the loops down close to the Settlement area and if anybody's around their site then also, I could come by to say "hi".

Bama Ed

PS - you dads with daughters, I think you would understand. At least I hope so.

Well,

I didn't wanna to do it.

Kinda.

On our upcoming manatee camping trip this month, I said I didn't want to visit WDW. I'm a little over-saturated from the Disney College Program trips in support of DD (who is Type A more than me) who worked for The Mouse this past spring.

But she loves WDW and won't be with us much longer (the end of college expenses - me and DW can see it wayyyyyy out there (at least I think I do) - it's just the slightest glimmer of light and it's getting brighter) so I will indulge her. We'll only be an hour or so away from WDW so we have planned a day to come in and eat Brunch at Trails End, tour the MK resorts for Christmas decorations, and then visit Disney Springs (DD wants to hit the new WoD and The Christmas Shop). No parks (so technically that mean you're not doing a WDW trip, right?).

Saturday December 29 is the date (guess it's safe to come south on I4 early on a Saturday morning, huh? :drive:) and I actually am looking forward to Trails End. I'm going to check out the Christmas decorations at the Fort for the loops down close to the Settlement area and if anybody's around their site then also, I could come by to say "hi".

Bama Ed

I-4, you have to be kidding :rotfl2:. Just pack your patience, as we travel that horrid road each trip and there is always, I mean anytime of day or night always, some sort of backup.

We will be there on the 29th, so if you would like we would be glad to pick you up in our cart for some looping. Just let me know when you arrive.

Well,

I didn't wanna to do it.

Kinda.

Bama Ed

Is anyone really surprised? :rolleyes1

Seriously, have a great time. I'm deeply jealous of those of you who live closer and can do this kind of stuff! Travel safe! :car:

I-4, you have to be kidding :rotfl2:. Just pack your patience, as we travel that horrid road each trip and there is always, I mean anytime of day or night always, some sort of backup.

It appears that the Hwy 417 option around Orlando on the east side of I4 takes only 6 minutes longer (supposedly) although it adds 16 more miles to the route per Google Maps. It would be $6-7 in tolls each way. That sounds MUCH more attractive than I4.

I'll have to check the balance on my SunPass account. Six minutes is not that much longer for peace of mind.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Arnold plans to spend the day @ Epcot tomorrow (12-11) while I am doing my recap from breaking my rut hip last Friday. Glad he is going to finish our Disney trip. Not sure when we will be able to head home to Texas.

Arnold plans to spend the day @ Epcot tomorrow (12-11) while I am doing my recap from breaking my rut hip last Friday.
If you have to be stuck, what better place than the Fort.

Thanks for the update. Arnold gave us the news earlier. Hopefully recovery is going well and rehab will have you back up and running in no time.

j

Well,

I didn't wanna to do it.

Kinda.

Bama Ed

We will be there! Would love to say hi!

Arnold plans to spend the day @ Epcot tomorrow (12-11) while I am doing my recap from breaking my rut hip last Friday. Glad he is going to finish our Disney trip. Not sure when we will be able to head home to Texas.
I agree with @Teamubr, hope The Fort will help with a speedy recovery

Gloria happy to hear that you are recovering, Sounds like you won't be performing in the staring role of this years performance of the Nut Cracker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!