OFFICIAL DEC 2018 PTR AND TR THREAD

We are days away from departure!!! We leave San Antonio this Thursday with our first stop outside of Mobile. Then we are staying Friday South of Jacksonville at an RV park on the Atlantic. Im going to try and get some quick fishing in with my son. We arrive at the Fort on Saturday for 5 nights. Can't wait. I do have some hopefully quick maintenance to do to the Motorhome. Noticed while doing some maintenance this weekend I have a hydraulic hose leak for one of the leveler jacks. I'm thinking a "band aid" for now.

Have a wonderful time, and safe travels.

@tigger92662, I am so hoping one day I can take it out myself. I can’t back a car well but lots of places have pull through sites. I feel pretty confident setting it up and taking it down. I am hoping to put another 30 or 40 miles on for the trip in January. You can do it Lucille. @FtW Mike tell her if I can do it she can and can’t wait to meet you guys and the savage sisters in January. Mallory might not be so happy with the savage sisters but we will introduce them and hope they get a long.
Kris she did take the course and was selected as 1st to do the driving portion. She did well .
Just for the comic effect I intend to take the Traveling with pets seminar tomorrow. If I wasn't sure I would get banned for life I would love to bring Katie with me

We are off.. only 2 hours behind.. : ( lol

Don't rush. Its a wet one here at The Fort today. At 9:00 am the iPhones all went off with a tornado warning. The flooding seems to have let up a bit now and the sites are drying out a bit. Windy tomorrow but drier, and then better each day through Xmas.

John

Sorry to hear it’s wet and nasty right now. We will bring some good weather that way! Except this wind.. it’s super windy. Just stopped in houston at Buccees for a quick break .

Arrived about 9:45 this morning and were supposed to be in the 1700 loop. Knowing this is near the road an a hike from dog walk zone we asked if there was any thing in the 1600 or 1800 loops. Lovely CM checked and said there was in the 1800 loop. As she understood why she said there was one directly opposite canal entrance, I said " "1811" "That's it." she replied. We'll take it. This is the same site we had in 2015 so we know it will be fine walk wise.
Got here and while setting up Dalir and his DD Amy came by to drop off the TFP. Congrats again to Amy and Stephen her new fiance on their engagement here in WDW a few days before. Dinner at TE was as good as ever though menu was a bit limited. Ribs have a definite mustard taste now. Very dis appointed to find out that the Ft W coffee mugs got sold out within weeks of them coming out and may not be coming back this year

@FtW Mike glad you have made it in. Can’t wait for the pictures. Hope the savage sisters love the dog park. See you in a few weeks.

@FtW Mike glad you have made it in. Can’t wait for the pictures. Hope the savage sisters love the dog park. See you in a few weeks.
Haven't made it to the Bark Park yet but have them out along the canal s number of times. KATIE doesn't know where to go or what scent to follow first. She will not be a problem. SKY is another story. She only just a few minutes ago finally went. I had her out for 20 minutes an hour before and nothing. After she ws done she looked and nobody was there jumping out of the bushes to arrest me and haul me off to the execution chamber or do it on the spot. Maybe she will get the idea, I hope

Made it! After a cold and windy night in St Augustine glad to see some sunshine at the Fort. Requested 300 loop and ended up in 301. Woohoo. Not my favorite of the 300 loop but good for the kiddo and 4 legged kids.

The trip here another story.. between wall to wall traffic in Houston, the freeway closed due to an accident in Louisiana and then crazy traffic leaving Pensacola area, we sure are glad to be here.

Arrived about 9:45 this morning and were supposed to be in the 1700 loop. Knowing this is near the road an a hike from dog walk zone we asked if there was any thing in the 1600 or 1800 loops. Lovely CM checked and said there was in the 1800 loop. As she understood why she said there was one directly opposite canal entrance, I said " "1811" "That's it." she replied. We'll take it. This is the same site we had in 2015 so we know it will be fine walk wise.
Got here and while setting up Dalir and his DD Amy came by to drop off the TFP. Congrats again to Amy and Stephen her new fiance on their engagement here in WDW a few days before. Dinner at TE was as good as ever though menu was a bit limited. Ribs have a definite mustard taste now. Very dis appointed to find out that the Ft W coffee mugs got sold out within weeks of them coming out and may not be coming back this year

Love the 1800 loop. We requested either the 1600 or 1800 loop. Would love to be on the canal again like we were in Oct.

As excited as I am for Christmas and our trip I am also feeling some anxiety and sadness . Our senior dog, Neiko, has not been doing well these past few days. Torn between taking him with us, which could make him worse (stairs, cold, etc.) or leaving him here with our son and not being there for him or even worse, the horrible thought of him passing while we are gone.

Terri so sorry to hear about neiko. My opinion only so no worries if you do something else. I would take him with. I know it might make it worse but the other alternatives just seem worse. Hugs and prayers for him.

Teri put me in the same boat as Kris. Had something happened to our wookieBear or Maggie and we weren't there I would have been devastated even worse than when the day came. We are in site 1811 for support.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter