***Official December 2017 thread!

Two questions:
1. Does anyone know why Animal Kingdom shows it closes at 7pm (everyday the week of Dec 8 - 16), but the Rivers of Light show is supposed to be at 9:15pm?

2. Does the Rivers of Light show happen ever night in December, or alternate nights?
Thx. Happy planning!

Two questions:
1. Does anyone know why Animal Kingdom shows it closes at 7pm (everyday the week of Dec 8 - 16), but the Rivers of Light show is supposed to be at 9:15pm?

2. Does the Rivers of Light show happen ever night in December, or alternate nights?
Thx. Happy planning!
Prelim hours. It'll be open later, especially with Pandora.

Two questions:

Thx. Happy planning!

The ROL schedule isn't out yet but the time hasn't always been 915. In February it was shown at 715. There was no Pandora then either. No one really knows what the schedule will be yet, unfortunately.

The ROL schedule isn't out yet but the time hasn't always been 915. In February it was shown at 715. There was no Pandora then either. No one really knows what the schedule will be yet, unfortunately.
I know I am waiting for this information too. I'm wondering if AK will be open later so I can make plans. This is so frustrating sometimes. I know we have plenty of time before our trip. We are going Dec 4-8 but trying to get dining reservations has been nearly impossible. We are on Touring plans for Akershus and BOG. Every time we get an alert when we go to book it is already taken. Right now all my plans are tentative based on what will be the future park hours. How do people plan this stuff so far in advance when everything isn't out yet?

I know I am waiting for this information too. I'm wondering if AK will be open later so I can make plans. This is so frustrating sometimes. I know we have plenty of time before our trip. We are going Dec 4-8 but trying to get dining reservations has been nearly impossible. We are on Touring plans for Akershus and BOG. Every time we get an alert when we go to book it is already taken. Right now all my plans are tentative based on what will be the future park hours. How do people plan this stuff so far in advance when everything isn't out yet?
I agree. And I'm a little nervous about early December being a little more crowded because it feels like so many people are now going during this time. Oh well, it'll be fun nonetheless.

I agree. And I'm a little nervous about early December being a little more crowded because it feels like so many people are now going during this time. Oh well, it'll be fun nonetheless.
I'm thinking we may have hit the jackpot with our dates (19th-23rd), because it seems people are going earlier in the month or the week of Christmas since kids aren't out of school yet that week.

Got on the site at 6 am this morning, and we got all the ADRs we wanted!

Kona Cafe (D) - arrival day, need to get bread pudding!
Raglan Road (D)
Tusker House (L)
BOG (D) - was shocked we got this.
SciFi (L)
Jiko (D) - Christmas Day
Skipper Canteen (D)

Tomorrow is my ADR day for our Christmas trip and I have no idea what I am doing this time! Trying to get final plans for DH and I's anniversary trip in 3 weeks and baseball galore I have put this trip on the back burner! AHHH! Lots of planning tonight i guess!

I have never been to the Christmas party before. Going this year for the first time and can't wait! We love the Halloween party.
Do people dress up in costumes or anything special for the Christmas party?
Any other tips? ideas?
Thx Liz
It can be quite cold in December. We went to MVMCP in 2013 and wore gloves, caps, heavier jackets. Definitely no costumes or special occasion clothing that I remember seeing.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. This is our first trip in many years and we didn't do this much planning last time. Now it seems the parks are just so crowded all the time if you don't plan you won't see what you want. I am hoping because it is Pop Warner week the parks themselves won't be too bad even though the dining seems to be booked. Hopefully the kids will be too busy during most of the day to be in the parks. I know we will have fun if we just remember to take it easy and go with the flow.

Okay, I am slowly getting back into the groove of this page and will update soon! I did want to share here as I shared on the social media page that if you are staying Club Level, be sure to utilize their services for hard to get reservations. We had a time slot that we wanted for CRT and a certain day we needed, we already had it for another day and were not having luck. I finally was able to pull it up on the app and lo and behold nothing was popping up for that time, my husband calls at the exact same time and they had a plethora of times to choose from on the date we wanted! We were able to get other reservations as well and now we only have 1 more day to call them again and have them get our Christmas day reservations!

Okay, I am slowly getting back into the groove of this page and will update soon! I did want to share here as I shared on the social media page that if you are staying Club Level, be sure to utilize their services for hard to get reservations. We had a time slot that we wanted for CRT and a certain day we needed, we already had it for another day and were not having luck. I finally was able to pull it up on the app and lo and behold nothing was popping up for that time, my husband calls at the exact same time and they had a plethora of times to choose from on the date we wanted! We were able to get other reservations as well and now we only have 1 more day to call them again and have them get our Christmas day reservations!

That's how we got most of our reservation. Found nothing on the web at 6am on 180 days mark, so I call the CL servise and they have most of what we need.[/QUOTE]

That's how we got most of our reservation. Found nothing on the web at 6am on 180 days mark, so I call the CL servise and they have most of what we need.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, that was what we encountered with some of our things we wanted and she had told us she could get us everything we wanted but she could only begin working 2 hours after we were able to do it online...so of course we figured we could do it all ourselves! LOL!! Now we are not being as foolish for the second part of our stay! HAHAH! We will just let them do it all for us!

We had to move our check in day and checkout day by 1 day because flights are so ridiculous! We are driving from NW Iowa so it is a long drive but so worth it! We will be checking in now on the 23rd and will be there until the 30th!

We had to move our check in day and checkout day by 1 day because flights are so ridiculous! We are driving from NW Iowa so it is a long drive but so worth it! We will be checking in now on the 23rd and will be there until the 30th!

We are from Iowa, too!! Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!