***Official December 2017 thread!

We'll be there from the 19th-24th in WL as well!

I saw that! What does your schedule look like? Are you going to be decorating your room? That's my latest obsession, what to do with the room. The in-room celebration package is tempting but the price...oy vey!

Does anyone know what the chances are of Magic Kingdom extending their evening hours (non MVMCP days) to Midnight the week of 12/9-12/16? My group and I are night owls and love late nights at the park. We are attending the party on the 10th, so we will get at least one late night, but are still hoping for at least one more late night. This will be my first time back during the holiday season since I was 16, and I can't wait!

Does anyone know what the chances are of Magic Kingdom extending their evening hours (non MVMCP days) to Midnight the week of 12/9-12/16? My group and I are night owls and love late nights at the park. We are attending the party on the 10th, so we will get at least one late night, but are still hoping for at least one more late night. This will be my first time back during the holiday season since I was 16, and I can't wait!
It looks like there's nighttime EMH on the 13th but that'll probably be it for that week late closings at MK for that week.

It looks like there's nighttime EMH on the 13th but that'll probably be it for that week late closings at MK for that week.
Thanks for the information! I did see they had extra magic hours until 11pm on the 13th, which is good! I did a little research on last years park hours and it looks like Saturday, December 10th, 2016 was open until midnight. Not sure if that really was the case, I will just keep checking and see if they add additional park hours a little closer to our dates. Thanks again!

I am so excited to be going on a solo trip Dec 6-10. I have been to WDW a dozen or more times but I have a lot of firsts planned on this trip:

• first meal at Le Cellier (12/6)
  • first meal at BOG (12/7)
  • first MK xmas party (12/7)
  • first time seeing the parks/resorts decked out for the holidays!
And not a first but I just snagged a reservation at Victoria & Alberts, treating myself to the max.

Staying solo at the Swan, so I'm also going to try to get over to Jellyrolls for the first time.

I am beyond excited for this solo holiday vacation.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you book 2 separate reservations. I see availability for 4, but not 8, and then I book the 4, and attempt to book an additional 4 and it won't let me book 2. Did you have to call?
No, the first one I booked was under my FiL's name, then I booked the second under my name.

No, the first one I booked was under my FiL's name, then I booked the second under my name.
Gotcha. My whole family is booked under my name and I handle all reservations. I'm going to have to call and talk with someone in dining later next week once everything calms down there! Thanks! :-)

Excited ... Dec 6-10 at ASMo. Me and DS for his 11th bday. Our last trip was in 2015. We're not part of the Pop Warner group, so it will be interesting to see the resort crowds & if we can get a FP for FOP for this short trip.

Gotcha. My whole family is booked under my name and I handle all reservations. I'm going to have to call and talk with someone in dining later next week once everything calms down there! Thanks! :-)
Even so, you should be able to appoint any other adult as the "head" of the second reservation

After carefully planning out our trip and snagging several primo ADRs and special events, my husband has decided he doesn't like the schedule. Sigh.

We are now trying to decide if we should move our 2nd day at MK to Dec 24th or keep it on the 26th.

I have a breakfast ADR for BOG on the 26th that I was so happy to get and don't want to give it up but if the 24th is a better day, I guess it needs to happen.

Thoughts? I am considering park hopping on the 26th just to keep that ADR!

ROLL CALL (Notify me of errors or changes Please)

Grandma4ever - 12/9 to 12/18 - ASM - DW,DS,DN,DNBFF *30 years together celebration*
WithASmile&ASong - 11/28 to 12/9 - DH, DS9,DS8,DD3
hsmanainva - 11/28 to 12/9 - POP - youngest DD
Sarahcgfr - 12/1 to 12/5 - Wilderness Lodge - DBF
TeresaWen - 12/28 to 1/3 - Dolphin - DH *Over NYE @ EPCOT*
mbvisitor - 12/26 to 1/2 - CBR - DH, DS, DD

Last up dated on 10/18/2016

I have looked and cannot find a December 2017 thread. If it is there and I missed it please let me know as I do not want to recreate the wheel.

If this is going to be the December 2017 thread please join me and together we can plan, share information, and complain about the number of days we have to wait.

I am from the Midwest and due to changes in my life have not been to WDW for a number of years. Really looking forward to planning this vacation and making it my best one yet!!

Who is with me? When do you plan to be in the parks?

Me I will be there the 9th through the 19th.

My DH and I will be there November 29-December 9, 2017 to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary! Please add me to the Roll Call! Thanks!

Even so, you should be able to appoint any other adult as the "head" of the second reservation
Well, I tried it out, and every time I pull up another reservation for the same time period it basically says "you have a reservation currently scheduled for this same time, do you want to keep or cancel this reservation." It won't allow me to select other people. So, I'm not sure how to pull up a reservation and then appoint different people to the reservation. Anyways, thanks for trying to help. I'll call Disney Dining and see what they can do! :-)

Well, I tried it out, and every time I pull up another reservation for the same time period it basically says "you have a reservation currently scheduled for this same time, do you want to keep or cancel this reservation." It won't allow me to select other people. So, I'm not sure how to pull up a reservation and then appoint different people to the reservation. Anyways, thanks for trying to help. I'll call Disney Dining and see what they can do! :-)

It is tricky to do this because the first reservation you make has to be under another name (not yours) and then you can make a second reservation with you as the lead. You can't make the first in your name and there isn't a way to change the lead name existing reservation. I had this issue too and had to read a few threads to figure that part out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter