** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have a trip planned from Nov 30-Dec 6 to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. It will be just the two of us. I'm really hoping everything will be ok by then. I absolutely love Disneyland for the holidays.

I rented points from a DVC member for the Grand Californian for the first 4 nights and then booked the new JW Marriott for Friday and Saturday night. I booked awhile ago and the rates were less than what I paid for the DVC studio. I figure we'll be ready for two real beds and a bathtub by then, since we'll be in a studio with one bed and a pullout couch at VGC. If it wasn't for the excellent and convenient location of the Grand, I would've stayed at the JW the whole time. But you can't beat being in the Disney bubble and the lobby at Christmas! Oh, how I want to be in the lobby with the tree and Christmas music right now!

I already purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist before they raised prices, so we're good to go there. And then just today I booked airfare. It was only 16,500 miles, so I jumped on it. We are flying in and out of Long Beach. I definitely prefer John Wayne (SNA), but they were like 50,000 miles for the same dates! I'll keep checking though and if SNA drops down I'll switch over.

Like I said, I'm really hoping things are ok by then and we can enjoy our trip. Right now I'm just going to pretend they will be and use the planning/dreaming of a wonderful vacation as a distraction to everything else that is going on in the world.
I've added you to the list! And I agree...planning trips right now is such a soothing balm.

I got sucked in by the great rates at Courtyard waterpark. So, now I have 2 reservations. Bigger suite, shorter walk and full breakfast at BW Anaheim? Or...nicer hotel, waterpark, and extra shower at Courtyard🤷‍♀️? It's a good thing I have 8 more months to agonize over this pressing decision while I escape the reality around me.

We’ll be there (Fingers crossed) 12/6-12/9 staying at The Grand. I’m cautiously optimistic but also realistic.

Alright, we've made the switch official! Instead of coming in July, we've postponed it to December 12-18 at the Grand Californian! Deciding to splurge on the Grand is my consolation present to us for having to delay our trip. And I must say, I feel better already!

Alright, we've made the switch official! Instead of coming in July, we've postponed it to December 12-18 at the Grand Californian! Deciding to splurge on the Grand is my consolation present to us for having to delay our trip. And I must say, I feel better already!
Girls trip ! December 4-8 th! Fairfield Inn.
I've added you to both to the list!

Heading to Disneyland and staying at the Grand again with my husband. We will be celebrating my 37th birthday (December 6 - 12). ! I cannot wait to go back!

I am hoping we will still be able to go for our December trip. December 11-17 Desert Inn & Suites

After reading so many speculations about reopening dates, I took the plunge and booked flights this morning for my December trip. Now I will focus on my October flights and details!!

Hoping I get to join y'all. I had Disneyland Paris planned for a milestone birthday in early December, and now that's out the window ... maybe in another decade?
VGC is not available for my dates, so if anyone sees decent discounts for the Disneyland Hotel for early Dec, let me know!

Just now changed our WestJet flights from September 7-13 to December 1-6. As time rolls on the goal posts move and, now December doesn't seem TOO far away to be real. September is too close for comfort (i.e. comfort that we'll actually be able to go due to flight and possibly Disneyland restrictions).

VERY excited to be re-visiting at Christmas decoration time (without the Christmas Break crowds we experienced years back)!! Also, to make up for the delay, splurging on a Premier View room at Paradise Pier. It's a BIG splurge for us but, that view, well, we're worth it!

We're heading to Disneyland December 11-15, followed by Kauai (fingers crossed!). Staying at the BWPPI again, as usual.

Just now changed our WestJet flights from September 7-13 to December 1-6. As time rolls on the goal posts move and, now December doesn't seem TOO far away to be real. September is too close for comfort (i.e. comfort that we'll actually be able to go due to flight and possibly Disneyland restrictions).

VERY excited to be re-visiting at Christmas decoration time (without the Christmas Break crowds we experienced years back)!! Also, to make up for the delay, splurging on a Premier View room at Paradise Pier. It's a BIG splurge for us but, that view, well, we're worth it!
We're heading to Disneyland December 11-15, followed by Kauai (fingers crossed!). Staying at the BWPPI again, as usual.
I've added you to the list :)

We will be there from the 17th-21st ...staying at Paradise Pier!! I am so excited. And thanks for posting this...it is never too early to be excited!

Hi everyone! 👋🏻 My family had to postpone our first ever trip to Disneyland together in June... for Nov. 29- Dec. 5th!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Disneyland during Christmastime, so I’m really looking forward to it, and hoping as hard as I can that it will be safe to go at that time. Sending pixie dust to everyone here to stay healthy, safe, and to have their best trips ever in December!

We will be there from the 17th-21st ...staying at Paradise Pier!! I am so excited. And thanks for posting this...it is never too early to be excited!
I agree!!
Hi everyone! 👋🏻 My family had to postpone our first ever trip to Disneyland together in June... for Nov. 29- Dec. 5th!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Disneyland during Christmastime, so I’m really looking forward to it, and hoping as hard as I can that it will be safe to go at that time. Sending pixie dust to everyone here to stay healthy, safe, and to have their best trips ever in December!
I've added you both to the list!

It is beautiful at Christmastime. I hope we are all able to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!