Official DIS-Bride & Groom/'Mooners Meet & Greet- ONLY 4 MONTHS-Get in on the FUN!

Thanks Karen. I'll go back on Orbitz and see if the prices are the same later today... right now, I have a Nascar race to watch, some homework and a paper to write... hmmmmm.... when am I going to do all of that???

I just went to the hotel's website and the pictures of the renovated rooms and the projected look of the new exterior are SO MUCH nicer than before! Unfortunately, it looks like the prices are going way up. I'll check around on Orbitz and other places too to see if they have cheaper rates because the hotel's site just lists the rack rates (about $280 per night!!!)

I just went to the hotel's website and the pictures of the renovated rooms and the projected look of the new exterior are SO MUCH nicer than before! Unfortunately, it looks like the prices are going way up. I'll check around on Orbitz and other places too to see if they have cheaper rates because the hotel's site just lists the rack rates (about $280 per night!!!)

Karen, I just checked on Orbitz and the price went up on there to $114/night from the original $93. It doesn't say anything about them changing hands yet though so perhaps we'll just wait and see a few more months.

Karen, I just checked on Orbitz and the price went up on there to $114/night from the original $93. It doesn't say anything about them changing hands yet though so perhaps we'll just wait and see a few more months.

i wonder if you go ahead and book if they will change the rate again if it does increase?

see-- maybe its a perk to going ahead and booking!:goodvibes

That's what I was thinking too!! It might be smart to do it now before they change it and raise the rates :goodvibes I doubt they're going to go down since it's going to be much nicer!

OK, here's another idea... I just went on Hotwire.com and checked out hotels there. Now, you can't see the name of the hotel but it does tell you the amenities it has and there seems to be a really nice one in the section of town they call East of the Cooper. It says it's by the Isle of Palms and Sullivan Island. Not sure how out of the way it is, but the price is $93/night. The reason I liked it is because it's a suite hotel, so every room is a suite. continental breakfast, pool and each room has a kitchenette (which would work out well for those of us with newborns... namely me. ;) ) The price is great, but you'd have to book it soon, because these come and go... what do you guys think? Karen, you know the area best... is this too out of the way?

OK, here's another idea... I just went on Hotwire.com and checked out hotels there. Now, you can't see the name of the hotel but it does tell you the amenities it has and there seems to be a really nice one in the section of town they call East of the Cooper. It says it's by the Isle of Palms and Sullivan Island. Not sure how out of the way it is, but the price is $93/night. The reason I liked it is because it's a suite hotel, so every room is a suite. continental breakfast, pool and each room has a kitchenette (which would work out well for those of us with newborns... namely me. ;) ) The price is great, but you'd have to book it soon, because these come and go... what do you guys think? Karen, you know the area best... is this too out of the way?

Diane that sounds too perfect!! Karen-- do you know which hotel this is? Let me know if we confirm this and ill book.

Diane, that sounds good to me! We'll go ahead and book asap w/ that good rate! Thanks so much for doing all the searching :)

That's RIGHT BY MY HOUSE :) :) :) Literally, like 2 minutes!

The only drawback for those that won't have cars is that you would have to take the public transportation to get downtown. I don't believe they have private shuttles. It is, however, WAYYYYYY closer to the beach than the other one.

From what I can tell from betterbidding.com http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=1960&
it looks like it's the Comfort Suites hotel which (ironically) is where my DF and I 'lived' for 2 weeks when we first moved here until we could get into our condo. We got a Hotwire rate of $50 per night!!! It's a cute hotel. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but the rooms are nice, they do have breakfast, and the rooms are fairly large and have the little kitchenette. It's in a little plaza area with a couple restaurants and shopping areas that are literally right outside the front door of the hotel. We loved it! If you don't mind taking the risk and you don't mind being about 10-15 minutes from downtown, go for it!!

I would suggest looking at Hotwire again and looking at the betterbidding link I gave you. If all the amenities and the star rating match up, definitely take the risk!

Let me know how it goes!! :)

Here was my review that we posted after we used the site and got that hotel:
I just wanted to post about our stay. The hotel was GREAT! The location was wonderful and was only a 4-5 minute drive to the main beach area. The room was very clean and HUGE and the back of the door actually listed it as being a $249/night room !! The complimentary breakfast included items such as eggs, grits, home fries, cereal, fruit, bagels, waffles, orange juice, muffins, cinnamon buns, bacon, sausage, milk, etc... and was served from 6:30-9:30am. They had a fitness center, a pool, and a business center which we actually used frequently since we were there for job interviews. There was no charge to use the internet or print pages. We didn't receive any type of check out confirmation from the front desk, though. They told us that it was all handled through Hotwire and that they would mail us something after we checked out. I asked if they could at least give me the total that was charged to my card, and they said they have absolutely no info except the reservation number. Is this typical? I'm just nervous that I won't be charged what I was supposed to be.

Anyway, we got a great deal! Thanks everyone on here for the help and the discount codes

That's RIGHT BY MY HOUSE :) :) :) Literally, like 2 minutes!

The only drawback for those that won't have cars is that you would have to take the public transportation to get downtown. I don't believe they have private shuttles. It is, however, WAYYYYYY closer to the beach than the other one.

From what I can tell from betterbidding.com http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=1960&
it looks like it's the Comfort Suites hotel which (ironically) is where my DF and I 'lived' for 2 weeks when we first moved here until we could get into our condo. We got a Hotwire rate of $50 per night!!! It's a cute hotel. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but the rooms are nice, they do have breakfast, and the rooms are fairly large and have the little kitchenette. It's in a little plaza area with a couple restaurants and shopping areas that are literally right outside the front door of the hotel. We loved it! If you don't mind taking the risk and you don't mind being about 10-15 minutes from downtown, go for it!!

I would suggest looking at Hotwire again and looking at the betterbidding link I gave you. If all the amenities and the star rating match up, definitely take the risk!

Let me know how it goes!! :)

Here was my review that we posted after we used the site and got that hotel:
I just wanted to post about our stay. The hotel was GREAT! The location was wonderful and was only a 4-5 minute drive to the main beach area. The room was very clean and HUGE and the back of the door actually listed it as being a $249/night room !! The complimentary breakfast included items such as eggs, grits, home fries, cereal, fruit, bagels, waffles, orange juice, muffins, cinnamon buns, bacon, sausage, milk, etc... and was served from 6:30-9:30am. They had a fitness center, a pool, and a business center which we actually used frequently since we were there for job interviews. There was no charge to use the internet or print pages. We didn't receive any type of check out confirmation from the front desk, though. They told us that it was all handled through Hotwire and that they would mail us something after we checked out. I asked if they could at least give me the total that was charged to my card, and they said they have absolutely no info except the reservation number. Is this typical? I'm just nervous that I won't be charged what I was supposed to be.

Anyway, we got a great deal! Thanks everyone on here for the help and the discount codes

YAY!!! I'm so happy!! I'll let Andrew know and hopefully we'll book it this week!!! I'll let you guys know when we are confirmed!! Woooohooooo!! :banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana: Great job finding such a good deal!

I'm the queen of searching out cheap hotels... I LOVE Hotwire!!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2 We have never been steered wrong. We used to travel A LOT a few years ago and we never did have a lot of money, so I always used Hotwire. In 2003, we stayed in Charlotte for a convention. I got a hotel room through hotwire and when we found out the hotel, we were like HOLY COW!!! It was a Double Tree Suites. You should have seen this place.!!! The continental breakfast was pancakes, french toast, oatmeal, cold cereal, eggs, omelets made to order, home fries, juices, tea, coffee, muffins, bagels, toast... you name it they had it AND it was all served to you. It had this beautiful center area where you'd have your breakfast with gardens. It was amazing. I think we paid around $70/night. When we got there we found out the room - which was a bedroom, living room with pull-out sofa, kitchenette and bathroom - normally went for $299/night. It ended up being a blessing because we were in a car accident that weekend and our car was totalled. We had to stay an extra day and even though they couldn't give us the same rate we had for the rest of the weekend, they gave us a reduced rate because of our situation. They also let us use their computer in the back room for internet access so we could book a flight home. Even though our car was wrecked and I had all kinds of whiplash, the hotel stay was a pleasant one. :goodvibes And I've never had any problems with Hotwire at all, so I was excited to find this hotel for this price. Can't wait to book it and make this trip a reality!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Sorry guys, but we are waiting for Andrew to finish this next job and get paid for it before we book... money's pretty tight right now and we have to make sure all the bills are paid for first. Thank goodness the warm weather is here and the phone is ringing again. :) We are going to book it as soon as we can... maybe by the end of this week. :confused3 :thumbsup2

BUMPING-- Would love to get more in on this and want everyoen to get excited--only 6 more months..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!