Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just ordered my first Disney cake! I'm very excited. It's going to be a surprise for my husband and daughter when we arrive next Friday, Oct. 28. The cake is from the Yacht and Beach Club and will be delivered to our room. It will be a 6" vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting (tinted orange) and peanut butter mousse filling. It will be a Halloween themed cake with a Mickey pumpkin and a ghost on top. I was quoted $53 plus tax, delivery, etc. I was also offered the spiderweb cake that I saw on here for $23 but I decided to go with the other design. I can't wait to see it and will post a pic when we get back!

Has anyone had success calling the cake line at the Contemporary after corresponding with the chefs on a custom cake order. My email experience with Chef Brian and Donald were great but I called to formally place the order this past Tuesday and no one responded. Wondering how well monitored the voicemail there.

Has anyone had success calling the cake line at the Contemporary after corresponding with the chefs on a custom cake order. My email experience with Chef Brian and Donald were great but I called to formally place the order this past Tuesday and no one responded. Wondering how well monitored the voicemail there.

It took several days for me to receive a return call, and when I did, I was less than impressed. Although in my message, I gave my name, phone number and specific details so that they could locate my email and requests, they weren't prepared for the call. It was a very disorganized conversation for lack of a better description.

Hope your experience is better than mine was.

I had a very good experience with them. It took a couple days for a call back but everything went smoothly.

So we did a wishes fireworks cruise tonight and I had ordered two birthday cakes, one for mom and one for dad. Well only one showed up. Ordered from The Grand Floridian. I had wanted a haunted mansion theme cake vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream filling for my mom and a Halloween theme cake with with chocolate cake and peanut butter filling for my dad. It looks like they maybe combined my two ideas into one cake but only happy birthday to my dad.

The cake turn out to be haunted mansion themed with chocolate cake and peanut butter filling. The cost was $68 + tax and gratuity.

It was a beautiful cake and much better than I had anticipated but a little disappointing to not have the other cake show up. (I must admit I am a bigger fan of chocolate over peanut butter) Didn't ruin the night and had plenty of cake left over. Would definitely order again in the future but maybe confirm a couple days before.

IMG_3599.JPG

Last edited:

as we get closer to our trip (90+ days! haha), just wondering if anyone has tried the blackberry mousse filling? we're not big chocolate fans, so i was thinking lemon cake with blackberry mousse filling. While i did see lots of good reviews on the amaretto crunch filling, I'm worried it would have too much of an alcohol taste that would not go over well with my mom. It would be a blackberry flavoring, not actual berries with seeds, right?

Just back from Disney (Boo)

I just joined this site not long ago and haven't figured out how to tag or add pics.

Lurkyloo - if you see this, had to update you on my cake. You will never believe it.

Had a reservation at The Wave so we could eat lunch and get our cake (surprise for my family). Eat our lunch and I ask the server if he has a delivery for me (just to be sure). He said he does.

He brings out a PODIUM cake. I was like 'what? That's not my cake'. I have no idea what happened but apparently, someone thought they were upgrading me? I was tired, mad, and just over it. They did not charge me for the cake and I'm glad they didn't. It tasted awful, like a cheap grocery store cake.

I emailed the Contemporary email address and called the number as well. I left 2 messages over the course of the next couple days.

Finally on Wednesday, someone calls me back. They apologized, didn't have any idea where the mix up occurred or why.

Long story short, the next day, I was back at The Wave (the bar this time) to get my cake. And it was my cake! Finally! We got it our last day instead of our 1st but at least they made it right. We took it outside and ate it by the pool. It was delicious! A 2 tier mini cake, vanilla with vanilla butter cream.

I will post a pic if I can figure out how!

Oh good! I'm so glad it worked out in the end! Once you have 10 posts you can add a photo or PM me and I can post it for you.

I want to order a cake for my anniversary in December. I have picked out the flavor style and where I want it to come from. A 2 tier "Mickey Delight" style cake in 3 and 5 inch. Now my problem is my husband has a nut allergies (just tree nuts) and I don't want the special allergy cakes. Is it still possible to get the cake I want. Is the fondant safe for people with tree nut allergies?

I want to order a cake for my anniversary in December. I have picked out the flavor style and where I want it to come from. A 2 tier "Mickey Delight" style cake in 3 and 5 inch. Now my problem is my husband has a nut allergies (just tree nuts) and I don't want the special allergy cakes. Is it still possible to get the cake I want. Is the fondant safe for people with tree nut allergies?

There are no nuts in fondant or most of the cake options, but it's not a nut free bakery. So it depends on how cautious you need to be.

Not sure if this was already shared on here, but I just emailed Magic Kingdom to request a custom cake for our BOG dinner during our honeymoon and this was in the auto-email back:

***Beginning December 15, 2016, cakes will no longer be available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants. If your reservation is past this date, please contact us closer to your travel dates as we are currently in the process of re-imagining new offerings. Chocolate and vanilla 6-inch cakes will still be available to order at the podium upon check-in (please note these cakes cannot be personalized)***

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking around for info on here with reservations past Dec 15View attachment 201598

Thanks for sharing. I popped on here to see if there were any updates as I'd seen reports of a similar message on the Cake Hotline. We just booked a December trip and will be in MK on the 12th so I'm hoping to order a custom cake during a meal at MK before they change things.

Last edited:
With our newly booked trip just 6 weeks away I'm starting to think about cake of course. I was going to try and have it at MK since it's just before the date things will be changing over, but as our kids are older I'm not sure we'll be doing the afternoon break so leftovers will be a problem. Instead, I'm thinking we should do it on arrival night.

I'm not 100% sure what we plan to do on arrival day, but I'm leaning towards touring the holiday decorations at the resorts. Which means I'll shoot for an ADR at one of them. We are staying at CBR and I've heard great things about Shutters so that's an option as well. The Wave has availability and we've always had our cakes through the Contemporary so those are my two main thoughts.

I'm wondering has anyone here ordered a cake through CBR/Shutters? I know it comes from Boardwalk I'm just curious if they were open to customizing the way the Contemporary usually will.

I'm also thinking we'll go with a Christmas theme for the cake since it's in December. Any suggestions for creative designs? The only holiday/winter one I recall from here is the one with the penguins ice skating. Which was adorable but I'm trying to come up with something new and I'm just stumped at the moment. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. In the meantime, I'm going to spend some time on Google.

Thanks!

I'm trying to find the contact information for Tony's restaurant. They took the pistachio crème brulee on the menu and wanted to see if I could special order it for my DD.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

We are closing this thread, it has served us well :)

Lurkyloo has posted an updated fresh start here

thank you to all! See you on the new thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter