Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I can't seem to figure out how to share the image yet but when I do, I'll share :D

Once you get up to 10 posts on the DIS, you can Private Message me the image and I'll post it for you. Or you can host it someplace like Photobucket, and then paste in the [ IMG ] code they generate for you.

Thank You for the great thread! The information here is invaluable.

After reading through everything I do have a couple of questions. Here goes...

1) We have an Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian ADR, can I get a custom cake delivered there? I know other restaurants can, but I haven't found anything specific to Afternoon Tea.
2) It's just DD & me this trip, so a 2-tier Mini Cake is ideal. My question is, how detailed of a design is possible??
3) Since it's Afternoon Tea I would like an Alice in Wonderland theme. Would the attached picture be something they could recreate on a Mini Cake??

TIA

Attachments

• madhatter-cakes-alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter-cake-mondeliceblog.jpg
    madhatter-cakes-alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter-cake-mondeliceblog.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 146
cake 1.jpg cake 3.jpg cake2.jpg
Hi all! I'm new and am booking (hopefully today) my Disney wedding at Luau Point @ the Poly for March of 2019. I am hoping to customize my cake option and am wondering if anyone has any good input: I'd love to keep the 2-tier, as our party will be small, but am looking for inspiration that reflects the tiki room, the Polynesian's awesome tiki guys, etc. No Moana or Lilo for us--all about the classics.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of a cake? I've seen some beautiful Disney custom cakes but none that are specific to the Poly/Tiki room without having a giant Stitch in there. Also, favorite flavors? Churro is a must for us but if anyone has any "universally liked" flavor suggestions that'll appeal to all guests, please tell me!
I posted these above, but I had a tiki themed cake for my husband delivered to the Hoop Dee Doo earlier this year.

Thank you for the offer! I'm going to try playing with it a bit more,
view

I also got a response back already from my email!!

1) We have an Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian ADR, can I get a custom cake delivered there? I know other restaurants can, but I haven't found anything specific to Afternoon Tea.

Yep! Several DISers have posted pics of cakes they had delivered to the Gardenview Tea Room.

2) It's just DD & me this trip, so a 2-tier Mini Cake is ideal. My question is, how detailed of a design is possible??
3) Since it's Afternoon Tea I would like an Alice in Wonderland theme. Would the attached picture be something they could recreate on a Mini Cake??

Not that detailed, I'm afraid. The mini cakes are TINY. If it were a 1-tier mini cake, they might be able to get a few of those details on top, but the top tier of a 2-tier mini cake is only about the diameter of a 50-cent piece. Still, I'd send them the picture and see what elements they can do. Maybe the roses and the cards, if they just surrounded the base of the cake. If you're willing to do a 1-tier mini cake, they might be able to do a bow around it and fit the clock or the cards on top, and maybe a mushroom....

Aha!!! I can be taught!!
2mg8ifk.jpg
2mg8ifk.jpg

Here's the image I sent and I got a response back from Virginia the same day. It's a no-go on a tomatoa - kinda figured but couldn't hurt to ask. My next request is going to see if they can leave enough room for us to stick a tomatoa toy in front of the cake. I was quoted $100 for 8" cake sugar print and decorations. Seems a bit low so when I call back I'm going to see if I can get a better estimate on the volume of treasure.

Last edited:

Could someone please let me know if they've had any recent experience with ordering the speciality desserts at CRT? I've e-mailed speciality desserts three times over the last few weeks and I haven't had a reply. I only need to book the desserts for Nov. but am a little concerned that I haven't heard anything back from them! Is the e-mail address on the first page still the current address to contact them? Thanks in advance for any help!

Could someone please let me know if they've had any recent experience with ordering the speciality desserts at CRT? I've e-mailed speciality desserts three times over the last few weeks and I haven't had a reply. I only need to book the desserts for Nov. but am a little concerned that I haven't heard anything back from them! Is the e-mail address on the first page still the current address to contact them? Thanks in advance for any help!

I would call them via the main Cake Hotline: 407-827-2253

I just got a call to give my credit card info for my Anniversary Star Wars cake I'm supposed to be getting 9/23 at California Grill... she said they just got notice down the pipeline this week that everything has to be approved first. I'm not sure if that's just Star Wars like discussed above and it has to be approved because it was planned prior to new rules or what. I'm hoping it goes through but I'm going to be super bummed if it gets declined since we're so close and it took me so long to get the idea pinned down with her! I'm going to need some major pixie dust in hopes I don't have to redo it all in just a few days :(

I just got a call to give my credit card info for my Anniversary Star Wars cake I'm supposed to be getting 9/23 at California Grill... she said they just got notice down the pipeline this week that everything has to be approved first. I'm not sure if that's just Star Wars like discussed above and it has to be approved because it was planned prior to new rules or what. I'm hoping it goes through but I'm going to be super bummed if it gets declined since we're so close and it took me so long to get the idea pinned down with her! I'm going to need some major pixie dust in hopes I don't have to redo it all in just a few days :(
Fingers crossed.....I find it so odd that they're coming down hard on Star Wars. :-(

Good luck! I really don't understand the legal stuff. I know there are issues with some Marvel things because of the Sony/Universal deal, but it makes no sense to me that you can't get some other characters.

For those of you looking for a more custom cake, these are screen shots of the contacts I was in touch with for our custom stitch cake I ordered thru CR last year and had it delivered to The Wave for dinner. Both were super helpful and got back with me quickly. Hope this helps someone!Screenshot_20180915-124838_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20180915-124812_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20180915-124812_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for posting about something that should be ovious, but I'd like to plan a cake/cakes for me and my BIL. We are going to be celebrating our 40th and 41st birthdays at California Grill in mid October. I keep seeing different emails and phone numbers...which one should I call/email to start this process???

Sorry for posting about something that should be ovious, but I'd like to plan a cake/cakes for me and my BIL. We are going to be celebrating our 40th and 41st birthdays at California Grill in mid October. I keep seeing different emails and phone numbers...which one should I call/email to start this process???
I got an email stating they are not monitoring the CR cake email anymore. I was instructed to call 407-824-2955 to place a request.

The information in Post #1 and Post #2 is always kept up to date. You will see that it no longer lists the email address for the Contemporary, just the phone number.

Missed a call from Terry at CR because my husband is home today and I couldn't get to another room in time. :sad:

The good news is I only waited about a week to hear back, and I left another VM telling her to check her email. Trying to do this all under the radar, but can hopefully connect with her Monday or Tuesday! I love planning surprises but I was kicking myself!

So I've been having back and forth with Terry and she tells me that this is the only image of Wall-E and Eve they have on file:

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 5.32.27 PM.png

Also, do these price points sound reasonable to you guys?

"Yes, the mini cakes are only 2 tier.

That is the only image of the two together that we have.

2 tier mini would cost $95.00

6” cake with 2 layers $83.00

6” cake with 4 layers (like the top tier with the heart) $110.00

(Personally, this would look the nicest.)"

She is basing the pricing off these pictures I sent her - all I really care about is the blue/glittery stars/heart and Wall-E and Eve.
walle eve .jpg tiered heart.png

Any suggestions for how I should approach this? I just don't want to end up with a lot of extra cake for 2 of us, and $110 for a cake is a little steep for me. @lurkyloo - do you think the 2 layer 6" would work for this? TIA!

ETA: Is there also a point where someone will talk to me about the design, or do I have to call and request that?

Last edited:
Well we are back from our 2 week trip Disney trip! I was successfully able to surprise my husband with the Boba Fett helmet cake! We stayed at Pop Century so the cake came from the Boardwalk Bakery. I ordered an 8 inch marble cake with peanut butter buttercream and fondant. The cake was delicious and in retrospect I wish I had ordered a 10 inch cake because we finished it off during the first few days of our trip :rotfl2:I was quoted $125 and was charged just under that amount. I did have to go through legal and at first they weren't going to sign off but Lucas Films did end up approving it. Please don't mind the terrible photos-I am most definitely not a photographer :)
20180901_183738.jpg 20180901_183743.jpg 20180901_205052.jpg 20180901_205240.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter