Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I ordered an 8" Incredibles themed cake with white cake and white chocolate mousse filing to be delivered to Garden Grill for my son's birthday on July 28th. The price quoted was $90 and I will post pictures in a few weeks.

I am interested in ordering my son a similar cake. Do you mind sharing a picture of your cake? Thank you so much

Just posting for some advice and to share my experience as it happens with ordering a cake at the Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom. I called the phone number listed in this thread for Animal Kingdom, and they told me I would have to call Yak and Yeti to order the cake. The lady wasn't able to transfer me, but gave me the number for Yak and Yeti. I gave them a call, and Y&Y said they would email me the cake order form. I just got the cake order form and am getting ready to email it back.

As this thread mentions, the cake form is VERY simple - choose vanilla or chocolate cake with vanilla or chocolate icing. Choose Celebration Sprinkles, Piped Border, or Icing Flower. then a space to add a personal message and choose up to two personalization colors.

I saw another cake in this thread that was pretty simple - mostly green with purple flowers, and said "Never Grow Up!" on it. My mom likes Tinkerbell, so I thought this would be a good way to do a lower cost cake since I don't have much in the way of character options. So for the cake order form, I'm thinking I'll do - Chocolate Cake / Vanilla Icing, Celebration Sprinkles and Icing Flower, Personalized Message: "Never Grow Up! Happy Birthday, Mom", Personalization Colors: Green and Purple. I'll probably return it via email tomorrow, so I am open to ideas/suggestions if anyone has them! :)

I'll report back with my experience and of course photos!

I'm finally back with my report on ordering a cake from Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom! I mentioned in my previous post that I called the number listed here, and they gave me the number for Yak and Yeti. I did a 6" chocolate cake with vanilla icing, Celebration Sprinkles and Icing Flower, a personalized message and two personalization colors. I emailed in the order form on 12/21, then followed up on 12/28 since I didn't get a "Got it!" or any kind of response. They did respond to that message to confirm that nothing else was needed. Now, to wait. The cake was for my DM's birthday, which wasn't until the last day we were in the parks (1/2)!

Finally, we go to Animal Kingdom! Check in at Yak and Yeti took a little while, but we eventually got seated for our late lunch. At first, there was nothing on our slip that was printed at the hostess stand. (Based on this thread, I probably should've mentioned it then, but the birthday girl was too close!) Luckily, my mom is in the bathroom when our waitress brings our drinks so I get a chance to check on it then. She doesn't know anything about it, but says she'll check in the back. :scared: She comes back (still while DM is in the bathroom - there were lines everywhere!) and asks if it says Happy Birthday Mom, and I confirm that it's the one. Whew. We enjoy a tasty meal, and after clearing our plates, the waitress gives me a covert questioning look and I give her the nod that we're ready. :cool:

She brings out the cake - with lit candles! - and even sings happy birthday to my mom. My mom is TOTALLY surprised, and our waitress (Brittany) seems to be having almost as much fun as we are with playing her part in the surprise! :teeth: Brittany was great throughout the meal, but she really did an awesome job with presenting the cake, IMHO.

LzEtfum.jpg

Ta-da! So after oohing and aahing over the Disney cakes on this thread, it's obvious that this one isn't quite as fancy. Apparently celebration sprinkles are little Mickeys (cute!), and the personalization colors are just piped onto the basic cake. It's pretty much like what you could pick up at your local grocery store, and it tasted about like that too (pretty good, but not OMG good). But for only $21 (added onto our bill at the end of the meal), it was worth it to surprise my mom and not have to upend our whole plan because I didn't realize that Yak and Yeti was managed by a different company (oops!).

Even though it "Serves 4", between the three of us, we only ate about half of it there at lunch. The waitress had to go to the back and get the cake box to put the leftovers in, then we shoehorned that into a regular ol' Disney shopping bag (I really didn't plan ahead well, lol). We tried to keep it upright, but by the time we got back to the room that night, it had been mushed all over the sides of the box, so we ate a little in the morning but sadly ended up wasting a lot of it...

So there's the cake report! I think it was worth the $21, but I'm hoping next time to plan better and do another surprise cake somewhere else (birthday or no - there's always a reason to celebrate when you're at Disney!).
((Edited to add: I can't remember if it's posted elsewhere, but in December 2018, the cake prices at Yak & Yeti were
6" (serves 4): $21 +tax
8" (serves 8): $32 + tax
10" (serves 16): $45 + tax
12" (serves 18): $50 + tax))

Last edited:

I'm finally back with my report on ordering a cake from Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom!

I *think* since Yak and Yeti isn't a Disney restaurant (they're owned and operated by Landry's) this is from their bakery department vs Disney's. This falls in line with the cakes available from other outside restaurants including the many other Landry restaurants on property. Looks great and so cheap compared to Disney!

I'm finally back with my report on ordering a cake from Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom! I mentioned in my previous post that I called the number listed here, and they gave me the number for Yak and Yeti. I did a 6" chocolate cake with vanilla icing, Celebration Sprinkles and Icing Flower, a personalized message and two personalization colors. I emailed in the order form on 12/21, then followed up on 12/28 since I didn't get a "Got it!" or any kind of response. They did respond to that message to confirm that nothing else was needed. Now, to wait. The cake was for my DM's birthday, which wasn't until the last day we were in the parks (1/2)!

Finally, we go to Animal Kingdom! Check in at Yak and Yeti took a little while, but we eventually got seated for our late lunch. At first, there was nothing on our slip that was printed at the hostess stand. (Based on this thread, I probably should've mentioned it then, but the birthday girl was too close!) Luckily, my mom is in the bathroom when our waitress brings our drinks so I get a chance to check on it then. She doesn't know anything about it, but says she'll check in the back. :scared: She comes back (still while DM is in the bathroom - there were lines everywhere!) and asks if it says Happy Birthday Mom, and I confirm that it's the one. Whew. We enjoy a tasty meal, and after clearing our plates, the waitress gives me a covert questioning look and I give her the nod that we're ready. :cool:

She brings out the cake - with lit candles! - and even sings happy birthday to my mom. My mom is TOTALLY surprised, and our waitress (Brittany) seems to be having almost as much fun as we are with playing her part in the surprise! :teeth: Brittany was great throughout the meal, but she really did an awesome job with presenting the cake, IMHO.

LzEtfum.jpg

Ta-da! So after oohing and aahing over the Disney cakes on this thread, it's obvious that this one isn't quite as fancy. Apparently celebration sprinkles are little Mickeys (cute!), and the personalization colors are just piped onto the basic cake. It's pretty much like what you could pick up at your local grocery store, and it tasted about like that too (pretty good, but not OMG good). But for only $21 (added onto our bill at the end of the meal), it was worth it to surprise my mom and not have to upend our whole plan because I didn't realize that Yak and Yeti was managed by a different company (oops!).

Even though it "Serves 4", between the three of us, we only ate about half of it there at lunch. The waitress had to go to the back and get the cake box to put the leftovers in, then we shoehorned that into a regular ol' Disney shopping bag (I really didn't plan ahead well, lol). We tried to keep it upright, but by the time we got back to the room that night, it had been mushed all over the sides of the box, so we ate a little in the morning but sadly ended up wasting a lot of it...

So there's the cake report! I think it was worth the $21, but I'm hoping next time to plan better and do another surprise cake somewhere else (birthday or no - there's always a reason to celebrate when you're at Disney!).
((Edited to add: I can't remember if it's posted elsewhere, but in December 2018, the cake prices at Yak & Yeti were

I *think* since Yak and Yeti isn't a Disney restaurant (they're owned and operated by Landry's) this is from their bakery department vs Disney's. This falls in line with the cakes available from other outside restaurants including the many other Landry restaurants on property. Looks great and so cheap compared to Disney!

Agreed. I love how pretty and clean it looks! And for that price... thats like a bargain dessert throughout all of Disney! Great find and great cake!

Okay so we are starting to plan our First Disney World Trip for my daughter's 9th birthday. We will be there in September I have few questions: 1. How early can I reach out and start planning and ordering her cake? 2. How expensive is it going to be to get a full size 2 tier cake(not a mini cake)? Right now we have a $200 budget but I am willing to up that with in reason to get her what she wants. We got really lucky 6 years ago when we went to Disneyland for her big brothers birthday and he got a huge 3d treasure chest for his birthday cake that only costed us $240 with tax and tip. I am not sure if we will be able to get something quite as nice for the same budget but I am hopeful. We will be having her birthday dinner at Ohana and she wants a Stitch themed cake and would love it if they could put angel( the pink stitch) on the cake as well.

We had a two tier cake for my daughter's b'day in Oct. It wasn't too elaborate, we had fondant and a screen print Marie and some flowers and butterflies and it cost $348

Thanks for the thorough report! We plan to celebrate a birthday at Yak and Yeti and that cake doesn't look too bad.

So I called Contemporary today to enquire about a Tiki Room cake for a trip in 2 weeks at our Cali Grill dinner. They lady said they couldn't do that? Does the Contemporary have more restrictions than other places? My back-up plan might be to move it to Yachtsman and try the Y&B bakery. I saw a cute Figment cake on a google search that bought me back to one of these threads from 9ish years ago. Anyone had recent success with Figment or Tiki Room themed cakes?

So I called Contemporary today to enquire about a Tiki Room cake for a trip in 2 weeks at our Cali Grill dinner. They lady said they couldn't do that? Does the Contemporary have more restrictions than other places? My back-up plan might be to move it to Yachtsman and try the Y&B bakery. I saw a cute Figment cake on a google search that bought me back to one of these threads from 9ish years ago. Anyone had recent success with Figment or Tiki Room themed cakes?

I would wait til you hear from an actual pastry chef at the Contemporary before giving up. I'd send an email of what you want to the address in post #2 and then follow up with a call after a pastry chef has had a chance to read it. It could be that you need to do a more generic Tiki theme rather than specifically Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.

my latest cake: delivered in december to ‘ohana.

the cake was a bit tricky to order. i originally wanted a christmas-forward cake with tropical touches. the cake maker suggested flipping my plan, making a beachy cake with christmas touches. it was cute and a nice way to celebrate our first christmas with our baby. the cake was vanilla with strawberry buttercream. it was tasty, and we enjoyed leftovers for almost a week. it cost 105$. one difference from my past orders is that i had to give my credit card to prepay for the cake, so anyone ordering from the GF team should know they might be asked to do the same.

Attachments

• 37B160C2-7AB0-40BA-9EC4-FE711EA58E9A.jpeg
    37B160C2-7AB0-40BA-9EC4-FE711EA58E9A.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 417
Wow, I love the Villains cake. I would ask for just Maleficent maybe. Why was it 85 did it have extra stuff added?[/QUOTE]

It has been awhile...5 Years...as I am reviewing this thread looking for ideas for my 45th birthday! But, I think that was a standard price for the size...I had gone elaborate on the haunted mansion cake so the villains was simple...vanilla cake with maybe vanilla frosting. The cake was delivered to the boat for an illuminations cruise so ordered from the yacht club resort who were great to work with. I am sure they had a Maleficent option.

Just ordered our first Disney cake. We are going in March and my mom is having her birthday during that time and my nephew's birthday is a week after. There are 21 people on the dining reservation and since some of the other little kids have birthdays around the time we are there I didn't have names put on it- just happy birthday. We are eating at Mama Melrose. called the cake number and they said a 1/4 sheet would be the best size. Ordered vanilla cake with strawberry fruit mouse and white chocolate ganache icing. I asked them to decorate it with the Fab 5 and to make it as colorful and celebratory as possible. they quoted me a price of $82 plus tax

If you want the add fondant, call Denise. And let us know how much they charge you extra so I can keep track! :thumbsup2

After several calls and emails, there was an extra charge to add the fondant to the cake (I had previously paid for cake with buttercream 2D print of Hitchhiking Ghost). However, in the last email from Denise today, she stated "Mickey took care of it"--no complaints here. Now I just have to wait a few weeks to see how it turns out.

I've been to WDW a lot but never got a cake before.
We will be celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary while staying at Boulder Ridge Villas in September. I was thinking of doing the Storybook Dining Character Dinner for that night (we will have our 3yo and 10month old with us also) and was thinking maybe of getting a cake, BUT the meal comes with desert so I think it might be a bit too much.
Do you think that we should have a more simple meal somewhere else and get a cake, or just do the Character Meal that night?
If we do the cake, how do I go about this? This thread is LONG and I can't read every single post so was hoping someone could narrow down some details for me please.

This is what we are hoping to do for our 3 year olds birthday. We have the reservation made and are going to call soon to order the cake, late feb. We are planning on just a mini cake because of everything that is included and they'll be 5 of us to help eat it.

Has this worked out? Friday I left a message at CR about a figment cake, but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know if they still do the “Mickey head” cakes? We had one a few years ago at Yacht Club and my DD says its the best she ever had. Would like to order her a new one for graduation this summer but I don’t see it as an option for any of the locations when you click the ‘by location’ link?

Does anyone know if they still do the “Mickey head” cakes? We had one a few years ago at Yacht Club and my DD says its the best she ever had. Would like to order her a new one for graduation this summer but I don’t see it as an option for any of the locations when you click the ‘by location’ link?

They are no longer a standard option, but you could request one be custom made for you as long as you give them at least 72 hours' notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!