Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hi there! I know this is 3 months after the fact, but I wanted to share the Pandora-themed cake that I ordered for my daughter’s 16th birthday. It was ordered from Pat at the GF bakery & delivered to Kona at the Poly. I ordered an 8 inch vanilla cake with strawberry mousse filling and a Pandora theme with greenery, lights & the “idea” of some water features. I asked for the focus to be more on the foliage & “feel” of the area bc that’s what my daughter loves.

Thanks for sharing so much detail! Now I wanna post my Pandora mini cake so these'll be on the same page of the thread!

Thanks for sharing so much detail! Now I wanna post my Pandora mini cake so these'll be on the same page of the thread!
You’re welcome! I appreciate this thread so much that I wanted to share our experience, too...especially now that I figured out how easy it is to share pictures!;) I can’t wait to see yours & can already say—even before seeing it!—that I wished I would’ve had it as a reference before we did ours because your cakes are always so lovely!:)

Here's the Pandora-themed mini-cake I had delivered to the Yacht & Beach Club a few weeks ago....

• When: February 2, 2019
  • Where: Room delivery at Yacht & Beach Club Resort
  • Size: Two-tier mini cake
  • Flavors: Chocolate chip cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream under the fondant
  • Price: $112 with tax and Private Dining service charges

I wanted to surprise my husband with a cake to commemorate our first trip to Pandora at Animal Kingdom. The Yacht & Beach Club pastry team was extremely easy to work with. I just called the number in Post #2, which is a dedicated line for placing cake orders, and they took down my requests. A few days later I got a call back confirming what the pastry team was able to do.

As is usual these days, they said they couldn't do anything officially Pandora- or Avatar-related, including screen prints. Which was fine because I'd actually requested, "No screen prints!" :rotfl:

Instead, I asked for an "exotic/alien jungle look" with a big tree and a light-up element and just let them run with that instead of submitting a sketch. I called a few days before to confirm, and they read me back my request in detail (including "no screen prints!"). The only hitch was that the cake never showed up at the time I'd requested, and I had to call Private Dining to ask for it.

Forgive the volume of photos—I couldn't get over how detailed the cake was! I liked how they put in the glowy stringy things that hang down from the Tree of Souls to give it a specific tie-in to Avatar.

IMG_0286_zpsaaxe6rzs.jpg

IMG_0287_zpsvbczlrov.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsab59tl2g.jpg

IMG_0289_zpsjdvlvwpd.jpg

IMG_0290_zpsichk9vvv.jpg

IMG_0292_zpstlhzllz9.jpg

IMG_0293_zpsovx58z9u.jpg

IMG_0294_zpsjdeje9ay.jpg

IMG_0296_zpse6grkqct.jpg

IMG_0301_zpsuadvsypf.jpg

IMG_0274_zpsgimg0g0z.jpg

For scale :teeth:

IMG_0310_zpsxv2yp6gh.jpg

Here's the inside—I was surprised they let me put chocolate chips inside a mini cake. And the combination was soooooooo good! Rich, but tasty!

IMG_0318_zpsfw2dbarj.jpg

IMG_0319_zpsoahjpgvp.jpg

No, Hometree, Noooooooooooo! Not again!!!!! :rotfl2:

IMG_0321_zpsaxbygmez.jpg

Here's the Pandora-themed mini-cake I had delivered to the Yacht & Beach Club a few weeks ago....

• When: February 2, 2019
  • Where: Room delivery at Yacht & Beach Club Resort
  • Size: Two-tier mini cake
  • Flavors: Chocolate chip cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream under the fondant
  • Price: $112 with tax and Private Dining service charges

I wanted to surprise my husband with a cake to commemorate our first trip to Pandora at Animal Kingdom. The Yacht & Beach Club pastry team was extremely easy to work with. I just called the number in Post #2, which is a dedicated line for placing cake orders, and they took down my requests. A few days later I got a call back confirming what the pastry team was able to do.

As is usual these days, they said they couldn't do anything officially Pandora- or Avatar-related, including screen prints. Which was fine because I'd actually requested, "No screen prints!" :rotfl:

Instead, I asked for an "exotic/alien jungle look" with a big tree and a light-up element and just let them run with that instead of submitting a sketch. I called a few days before to confirm, and they read me back my request in detail (including "no screen prints!"). The only hitch was that the cake never showed up at the time I'd requested, and I had to call Private Dining to ask for it.

Forgive the volume of photos—I couldn't get over how detailed the cake was!

That cake is amazing!!! Such detail!! And actually so much more like I was hoping for! I may use your photos for another Pandora cake in our future! Thanks so much for sharing it!

I just came across a picture of a Zebra Dome Cake! I messaged the person on Instagram but no response yet. Anyone ever have one, I’m guessing it was custom made??

Forgot to post, was able to have one ordered at AKL and delivered to our room. Was just like the mini ones. SO GOOD. :D

Attachments

• 1AFCF2FD-7AB5-4302-BC28-02DF61A7FDB8.jpeg
    1AFCF2FD-7AB5-4302-BC28-02DF61A7FDB8.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 168
Forgot to post, was able to have one ordered at AKL and delivered to our room. Was just like the mini ones. SO GOOD. :D

Thank you so much for posting this! I’ve been hoping for a recent photo of one of these. It’s so pretty!!

So is the inside of it like the small version or is it cake that tastes similar? We’ll be there this summer & it sure is tempting to order one!

That cake is amazing!!! Such detail!! And actually so much more like I was hoping for! I may use your photos for another Pandora cake in our future! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Glad to help! You can never have too many cakes, Pandora or otherwise.... I'd love to see what you get!

I have to give a big thumbs up to the YC&BC team. They have been really easy to work with. Everything I've asked for they're going to do and the quote is actually under my budget. My DD is turning 10 so we're in that awkward tween stage where she's suddenly too old for princesses :sad: . So I had a really hard time finding something that she would like. 20190220_075033.jpg 20190220_075013.jpg
So here are some inspiration pics that I sent. It's going to be a macaron/donut cake with purple drip and the rainbow icing. 6"inch white cake with strawberry mousse and buttercream. Quote is $60. I'm thrilled and will post back with pics of the final product.

I just realized that I never posted her pic from last year. This was made by the BW bakery. We did the snorkeling tour in the living seas earlier in the day (HIGHLY recommended ) so this was a coral reef inspired cake. It was an 8 inch cake for $85. 20190220_075653.png

Just FYI, we brought this to Via Napoli and they almost didn't let us bring it in because it was considered outside food. I had checked with the BW bakery before ordering and they assured me it wouldn't be a problem and I could bring in a cake but evidently this is not the case.

I have to give a big thumbs up to the YC&BC team. They have been really easy to work with. Everything I've asked for they're going to do and the quote is actually under my budget. My DD is turning 10 so we're in that awkward tween stage where she's suddenly too old for princesses :sad: . So I had a really hard time finding something that she would like. View attachment 383578 View attachment 383579
So here are some inspiration pics that I sent. It's going to be a macaron/donut cake with purple drip and the rainbow icing. 6"inch white cake with strawberry mousse and buttercream. Quote is $60. I'm thrilled and will post back with pics of the final product.
Cute idea!

Just ordered a custom cake for my husbands birthday. We ordered a custom cake (chocolate w/cookies and cream filling) from Pat @ the Grand Floridian, to be delivered at 'Ohana's. It's Steamboat Willie themed. We didn't have anything specific in mind for the design, Pat had some good ideas so we are excited to see what it looks like !

So, I'm really bummed. I just called the Fort Wilderness cake line to order a cake for my mom for her 55th birthday. We decided on this AWESOME idea of a Baby Groot cake with him coming out of the flower pot he's in at the end of GoG (see below; she LOVES Baby Groot). Well, the lady promptly told me they cannot do any Marvel cakes whatsoever. Does this seem right? We were SO excited about this idea and now nothing else seems like it could possibly compare :sad1::sad: Even if I could get it picked up from GF, I'd be willing to do that just to have this cake for her.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good bakery or place to ask besides Disney that could make this cake for her? It won't be the same as having it delivered and surprising her at our dinner reservation, but even if I have to pick it up and bring it myself, it still would be better than settling for something I know she just won't love as much. TIA!

**Edit: As an additional question (After I've been stewing over this for the past hour LOL), do you think they would make me a pot cake with vines and dirt like shown in the photo below, and I could add a figurine on top once it got delivered? That way they aren't actually *making* anything Marvel related....?

baby groot cake.jpg

Last edited:
So, I'm really bummed. I just called the Fort Wilderness cake line to order a cake for my mom for her 55th birthday. We decided on this AWESOME idea of a Baby Groot cake with him coming out of the flower pot he's in at the end of GoG (see below; she LOVES Baby Groot). Well, the lady promptly told me they cannot do any Marvel cakes whatsoever. Does this seem right? We were SO excited about this idea and now nothing else seems like it could possibly compare :sad1::sad: Even if I could get it picked up from GF, I'd be willing to do that just to have this cake for her.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good bakery or place to ask besides Disney that could make this cake for her? It won't be the same as having it delivered and surprising her at our dinner reservation, but even if I have to pick it up and bring it myself, it still would be better than settling for something I know she just won't love as much. TIA!

**Edit: As an additional question (After I've been stewing over this for the past hour LOL), do you think they would make me a pot cake with vines and dirt like shown in the photo below, and I could add a figurine on top once it got delivered? That way they aren't actually *making* anything Marvel related....?

What a great idea for a cake! So, yes, Disney is super-weird about all these properties it owns and won't let you do cakes with the exact characters (my Pandora/Avatar cake had to be "jungle" themed, my Coco cake has to be "Dia de Los Muertos" themed, etc.). But I think your idea of having them the make the pot and you sticking Baby Groot in it should work! The Contemporary has been really difficult to work with lately, but that's who will end up making your cake if you persevere.

Alternatively, these are local cake companies I have seen recommended: It's Tasty Too (they for sure deliver to Disney property), Anna Cakes, Party Flavors, Bake Me a Cake and Sprinkles Custom Cakes.

What a great idea for a cake! So, yes, Disney is super-weird about all these properties it owns and won't let you do cakes with the exact characters (my Pandora/Avatar cake had to be "jungle" themed, my Coco cake has to be "Dia de Los Muertos" themed, etc.). But I think your idea of having them the make the pot and you sticking Baby Groot in it should work! The Contemporary has been really difficult to work with lately, but that's who will end up making your cake if you persevere.

Alternatively, these are local cake companies I have seen recommended: It's Tasty Too (they for sure deliver to Disney property), Anna Cakes, Party Flavors, Bake Me a Cake and Sprinkles Custom Cakes.

Aaah thank you so much @lurkyloo ! I knew you would be the best resource for what options I can go forward with from here. I may look in to It's Tasty Too, and if they are too pricey or can't achieve my vision then I will circle back to Disney and see if they are able to just make me the flower pot. I've already found a cute Groot figurine to put on top so that could definitely work if I can get them to cooperate! Thanks again, I'm feeling better :)

Hi guys! I'm visiting this summer with my cousin who will have just finished her master's degree. I'd like to order her a cake, but we're on the DDP, and I know we're going to have plenty of desserts. We're also staying at POP so transporting the leftover cake back to the room may be a bit of a hassle if we have it with our dinner.

Our arrival is 9:30 PM at MCO, so we wouldn't get to our room until late. We have 3 kids with us - ages 11, 7, and 2. Do you recommend I order a cake to be delivered to the room or wait until we have a TS meal? Will they deliver cakes late? How fun to start our trip off by eating cake right before bed! (Only at Disney, right?!)

I've considered a specialty cake. (We loved DS's first birthday cake.) I'm feeling a little economical with this one though, and a Mickey dome cake with "Congratulations" would probably suffice (and be more in-tune with what I would have spent on a gift, too.)

Can the dome cake be delivered to POP? If so, is there an added delivery charge?

The other thought that has crossed my mind is ordering a cake from Whole Foods via Amazon Prime Now. :)

Here is the cake I ordered for my son's birthday while we at Kidani Village. I asked for a jungle theme and something with Mickey on it. It turned out better than I thought and was such a great surprise.
Unfortunately no one wanted to eat it except me and it was way too much cake. It was chocolate, strawberry mouse with vanilla buttercream. They did vines, a snake and a chameleon in fondant which my kiddo loved.
Going forward I think I would try to get a smaller cake as I felt terrible spending 113 on this and throwing a lot out.

Attachments

• 20190221_234029.jpg
    20190221_234029.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 223
Here is the cake I ordered for my son's birthday while we at Kidani Village. I asked for a jungle theme and something with Mickey on it. It turned out better than I thought and was such a great surprise.
Unfortunately no one wanted to eat it except me and it was way too much cake. It was chocolate, strawberry mouse with vanilla buttercream. They did vines, a snake and a chameleon in fondant which my kiddo loved.
Going forward I think I would try to get a smaller cake as I felt terrible spending 113 on this and throwing a lot out.

Thank you so much for sharing this photo! We’re considering cake themes for my nephew’s birthday at WDW in June & he would love those animals!

That is a cute idea!

Hi guys! I'm visiting this summer with my cousin who will have just finished her master's degree. I'd like to order her a cake, but we're on the DDP, and I know we're going to have plenty of desserts. We're also staying at POP so transporting the leftover cake back to the room may be a bit of a hassle if we have it with our dinner.

Our arrival is 9:30 PM at MCO, so we wouldn't get to our room until late. We have 3 kids with us - ages 11, 7, and 2. Do you recommend I order a cake to be delivered to the room or wait until we have a TS meal? Will they deliver cakes late? How fun to start our trip off by eating cake right before bed! (Only at Disney, right?!)

I've considered a specialty cake. (We loved DS's first birthday cake.) I'm feeling a little economical with this one though, and a Mickey dome cake with "Congratulations" would probably suffice (and be more in-tune with what I would have spent on a gift, too.)

Can the dome cake be delivered to POP? If so, is there an added delivery charge?

The other thought that has crossed my mind is ordering a cake from Whole Foods via Amazon Prime Now. :)

Pop is unusual because they don't have a Private Dining team—which means no delivery charges but also less of a standard way they operate. I would call them and see if there's any cut-off on how late they can deliver your cake. As to the dome cakes, the old celebration cakes they replace used to be available for purchase at the food court, so the dome cakes may be as well.

I like the Whole Foods cake idea though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter