Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Ordered this for my niece at Boardwalk---tried calling the hotline and got no response, so I called private dining and worked through them. I had a photo to send and the fondant was a little more blue than purple, but they told me it would be hard to match the picture exactly. I think they did a wonderful job! It was an 8" chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and ganache inside--really yummy! Price, delivered to our room was $115 total.

Attachments

• IMG_8482.JPG
    IMG_8482.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 456
Hey all! I'm looking to get a cake for my sisters birthday. We are dining at Yak & Yeti on the 24th. They don't offer customized cakes but said we can bring cake from our resort & they will hold for us. Has anyone had luck with that? We are staying at Fort Wilderness. Thinking maybe get cake there & carry over? Also, wondering if it is too clear she to date for custom cake? Thanks!

You can get a cake delivered to Fort Wilderness, you just may have to pick it up at Trail's End. I'd call the number listed for Fort Wilderness in Post #2 ASAP.

Help me decide... chocolate cake with peanut butter filling or almond cake with almond mousse crunch filling? I can't decide... and NO I can't afford to do both, LOL!

Do you like marzipan? If you like marzipan, that almond crunch one is popular with brides. If, like me, you HATE MARZIPAN WITH THE BURNING FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS, chocolate cake with peanut butter filling is the way to go. I actually have them make the filling by layering peanut butter buttercream frosting with chocolate ganache.... soooooo tasty!

Has anyone ordered a zebra dome cake from AKL recently? I am trying to limit the "nos" my DH will receive when he calls to order our middle DS's birthday cake. (He has to call from work to avoid suspicion :) ) We want anything other than chocolate and/or vanilla, thought this might be an option. Kinda bummed AKL works best for our cake order, because it sounds like it will be a struggle.

You can't get the wallpaper without doing fondant, since they screen print it directly on the fondant. But you just peel off the fondant and there's buttercream underneath it. Also, Disney's fondant isn't like any fondant you've had elsewhere. It's sort of marshmallowy, and over the years I've seen many many fondant haters end up loving it. Either way, there's always that buttercream on the cake.

You can try ordering the cake by calling the number for Art of Animation in Post #2 of this thread. Their cakes are made by Yacht & Beach Club, which has the capability to do fancy cakes. But AoA won't let you speak directly with a pastry chef, and you cannot order a cake for delivery to AoA by contacting Yacht & Beach Club directly.

The easiest place to work with is the Contemporary, so if you have an ADR at any of that resort's restaurants, that might be your best bet. You can send them the photo at the email in Post #2 and find out how simple you'd need to go to keep the price under $75, if that's possible.

Thanks! Alternatively, can I get a Contemporary cake at Hoop de Doo? That would be our very first night... Also, how would payment work here--considering it is an advance payment meal and we are on the DxDDP... When would I pay for the cake?

Last edited:

IMG_4339.JPG IMG_4358.JPG Hi everyone! Just wanted to share a welcome cake I had made for my kids on our trip over July 4th. I ordered it from the Grand Floridian - 1900 park fare. We had a breakfast reservation so we took the cake to go. Luckily, my kids are little and oblivious to the white box I carried out of the restaurant, so I was able to surprise them later in our villa at Saratoga springs with this welcome cake from Mickey and Minnie. The cake was a 6 inch custom chocolate cake with dark chocolate moose, Vanilla butter cream frosting tinted yellow with red Mickey heads piping around cake. On top was chocolate Mickey and Minnie ears. Each little ears are 1 inch solid chocolate rounds, to give you an idea of the size. This cake was very good, but very rich. I should have gone with the white chocolate moose or cannoli cream as a filling. We paid $63, but used our tables in wonderland card, so it ended up being about $59. I call the Grand Floridian cake line and spoke with Pat, who as always helped make this cake special for our family.

I had originally planned on having a surprise anniversary cake in our room at Saratoga Springs for my DH on our arrival night which is a few days before our actual anniversary. Now I'm thinking it might be better to do it on our actual anniversary during dinner, we're eating at Ohana. Would I order through the Polynesian? And this might be a dumb question but do they know to bring it out without you telling them the night of?

I had originally planned on having a surprise anniversary cake in our room at Saratoga Springs for my DH on our arrival night which is a few days before our actual anniversary. Now I'm thinking it might be better to do it on our actual anniversary during dinner, we're eating at Ohana. Would I order through the Polynesian? And this might be a dumb question but do they know to bring it out without you telling them the night of?

I had ours delivered to a different restaurant and I just mentioned it to our server once my husband wasn't at the table (it was a surprise). It seemed like she hadn't known before I told her, but it was absolutely no problem. Then I told her when we were ready for it to come out and she brought it shortly.

I had ours delivered to a different restaurant and I just mentioned it to our server once my husband wasn't at the table (it was a surprise). It seemed like she hadn't known before I told her, but it was absolutely no problem. Then I told her when we were ready for it to come out and she brought it shortly.
Ok, thank you!

When you order the cake, do they give you any kind of a confirmation number? Do you (or can you) call the restaurant to which it's being delivered and ask them to put a note on your reservation?

When you order the cake, do they give you any kind of a confirmation number? Do you (or can you) call the restaurant to which it's being delivered and ask them to put a note on your reservation?

I've never received a confirmation number just an email confirmation. They take your reservation number when you place the order, but no there isn't a way to call the restaurant to add it to your order. We usually call a few days out to confirm our cake order details and then just mention it at the podium when we check in. So far so good and they've always had the cake noted when we arrive.

Our check in ticket was stamped, so make sure you do the checking in!
IMG_6681.JPG

Just ordered through the cake hotline for my birthday cake. I went with the almond/amaretto mousse option and the woman on the line said, "Mmmmm, good choice!" I let her know that I'd had email from Donald about this cake when she asked "chocolate, vanilla, or marble" and it all went really smoothly. She even suggested I find some cakes I like the colors on and forward them to the pastry team at the Contemporary so they have some idea of what I like. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks! Alternatively, can I get a Contemporary cake at Hoop de Doo? That would be our very first night... Also, how would payment work here--considering it is an advance payment meal and we are on the DxDDP... When would I pay for the cake?

The Contemporary serves all restaurants at Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. Usually they take a credit card number when you order, but then they don't charge you til the night you pick it up. There's a chance the restaurant may just bring you a separate bill for the cake instead.

I'm talking to Megan at Epcot about a holiday themed or Princess Aurora themed cake. She is amazing and very helpful with my ideas even though some are out there! LOL. We are still look at designs I have no idea what I'm thinking about for the flavors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter