Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

We are staying at Poly in Sept for my daughters first birthday. I called GF this AM bc I wanted a minicake with rosettes/a lot of frosting, she suggested a cupcake with (a lot of) frosting piped as high as possible which I went with and I believe is gonna be good for what we need. It'll be delivered to our room the night before her birthday and I will be sure to post a photo. :)

Hi! We will be staying at the Poly in October. It is my BF's 1st trip in 40 yrs & I would like to surprise him when we check-in with a cupcake. What are they charging you for the cupcake? Thanks!

Last edited:
So excited! Just ordered a surprise 8 inch German Chocolate cake for my husband to be delivered to our Yacht Club hotel room. Private dining was very accommodating and friendly. Do any restaurants give free desserts for anniversaries?

So excited! Just ordered a surprise 8 inch German Chocolate cake for my husband to be delivered to our Yacht Club hotel room. Private dining was very accommodating and friendly. Do any restaurants give free desserts for anniversaries?

Restaurants will randomly give free desserts for birthdays and anniversaries but it's random pixie dust and up to the CM. I've never received anything on our anniversary trips (aside from many Happy Anniversary wishes), but I've seen others who have.

Haha! This is a great way to look at it! The entire trip is a surprise for our soon-to-be-4yo, so if a fancy cake themed to her favorite ride, to welcome her and celebrate her birthday does that, we'll likely splurge--at least is once. Besides, HM is the favorite attraction of all 4 of us who will be there...

The Mickey celebration cakes are better than the old podiums, and seem nice for adults, but just lack some magic for kids, I think. Super adorable for the price though...

I highly doubt you'd regret it. Have a great trip and please post pics! I love the HM cakes!

I highly doubt you'd regret it. Have a great trip and please post pics! I love the HM cakes!

I'm quite excited about it! I'm usually very frugal and I just know it will be great, so it will be a little bit of magic for everyone there!

Question for those in the know, for filling of a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream, which should we pick:
-raspberry mousse
-fresh raspberries
-raspberry mousse w/fresh raspberries
-dark chocolate mousse w/ fresh raspberries

I think the last one would be divine, but I haven't had any of these before (--And yes, my little one likes dark chocolate!).

I'm quite excited about it! I'm usually very frugal and I just know it will be great, so it will be a little bit of magic for everyone there!

Question for those in the know, for filling of a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream, which should we pick:
-raspberry mousse
-fresh raspberries
-raspberry mousse w/fresh raspberries
-dark chocolate mousse w/ fresh raspberries

I think the last one would be divine, but I haven't had any of these before (--And yes, my little one likes dark chocolate!).
I haven't done any of those but we've had Bavarian cream with fresh raspberries and it's very good!

Hi! We will be staying at the Poly in October. It is my BF's 1st trip in 40 yrs & I would like to surprise him when we check-in with a cupcake. What are they charging you for the cupcake? Thanks!
$6 and change!!! Much better than the $35+ for the minicake for what we need it for :)

Does anyone actually answer the the Contemporary Cake Hotline number? I have tried several times at varied times of day and ALWAYS get the voicemail. This would be fine, except the cake and trip are a surprise, so having them call me back isn't really an option...

Does anyone actually answer the the Contemporary Cake Hotline number? I have tried several times at varied times of day and ALWAYS get the voicemail. This would be fine, except the cake and trip are a surprise, so having them call me back isn't really an option...

I have never used it, but on the 1st page of this thread it says they have an email address you can try. WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com Hope this helps!

Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Sometimes that's the only way I can get a real person in Private Dining.

Has anyone ordered a zebra dome cake from AKL recently? I am trying to limit the "nos" my DH will receive when he calls to order our middle DS's birthday cake. (He has to call from work to avoid suspicion :) ) We want anything other than chocolate and/or vanilla, thought this might be an option. Kinda bummed AKL works best for our cake order, because it sounds like it will be a struggle.

Well, cross your fingers for us. My sweet DH has been very persistent and they are having a meeting to see if they will accommodate his requests for an 8-inch Safari cake (similar to the bachelorette one posted a few months ago except with ganache on top). They were quite adamant that they will not do custard and strawberry filling (buttercreams, strawberry or raspberry mousse were only available options for an 8-inch), so the front page of this thread may need updating when it comes to AKL. Will let you know if they bend in any way.

Got our cake yesterday from YC...it IS AMAZING! I have had several cakes from all over WDW, and they just keep getting better. I have a new MAC and I can't remember how to resize photos! Can someone help, because I want y'all to see this lovely creation!?!

@Sazzo'sMommy You can upload the images to a site like Photobucket and it will give you IMG code to paste in here so it won't matter what size they are

Hope someone can help --- my son is not much of a cake eater. We will be in MK for his 16th birthday in 2 weeks. Our reservation is at the Plaza and they are not one of the restaurants that has a special dessert option for $15 listed on this page: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/ Any idea if they do anything that I would have to order in advance?

Thanks!

Amy
I have just told our server before that it is DH Birthday. They did bring out a cupcake. This time I am going to try to order a cake in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter