Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Thought I would share an update to my attempt to get a custom cake for DD birthday dinner at Tusker House. After calls weren't returned on Fri or Mon I called again today and surprisingly Jill answered instead of the machine. She indicated the normal person who handles this is out on maternity leave (I didn't mention the two previous calls). So she referred me to Cinnamon who was covering. I told Cinnamon I was looking for a custom cake. First she informed me that the buffet already had desserts (no joke) and then she immediately went into the script on the Mickey Dome cake they offer.

I told her I was aware of those but looking for a custom cake. She said they will only do a 8"(or larger) round cake with a screen print. The only customization option they could do was a stand up figure for an additional $30. I explained that we had received a real custom cake last summer and it was a huge hit. I asked if I could send an email with what I had in mind to see if it was possible, but she said no email was available. After some persistent questioning by me she agreed to at least check with the Bakery Captain and see if there was an email she could give out.

So at this point who knows. It really seems strange to me that a company striving to find every opportunity for up-selling is discouraging this option so much. I repeated several times that price wasn't my concern. Last year the cake was roughly $100 and would gladly spend that again for how special it was. And if that isn't enough to be profitable why not just increase the price. Then it's on me if the experience is really worth it.
Was last year at Tusker House as well?

No it was at Ohana and understand that might be difference but have seen custom cakes pictures from Tiffin's and Husker House before.

Maybe you need to speak to someone else. I was frustrated because I initially started my custom cake request at POR and then got a res at The Wave so I told the cm I would just do my order at contemporary...to which she said they dont do custom cakes...though they do.

So it is a bit frustrating to get mixed info. I cant imagine that is how the management of wdw wants things handled. Had I not known of this board and some others, I would not have been able to plan our trip like I have because they dont have that info on their website.

Maybe you have to call guest services and see what they can do. I did see Animal Kingdom Resort does custom cakes. I dont know if they will deliver though.

Maybe you need to speak to someone else. I was frustrated because I initially started my custom cake request at POR and then got a res at The Wave so I told the cm I would just do my order at contemporary...to which she said they dont do custom cakes...though they do.

So it is a bit frustrating to get mixed info. I cant imagine that is how the management of wdw wants things handled. Had I not known of this board and some others, I would not have been able to plan our trip like I have because they dont have that info on their website.

Maybe you have to call guest services and see what they can do. I did see Animal Kingdom Resort does custom cakes. I dont know if they will deliver though.

Yeah I am hoping this CM didn't quite have all the information since she was just covering for someone else. I don't think AKL will deliver to AK, but we are staying their so guess we could just have it delivered to the room. Doesn't have quite the same effect as brining out at dinner, but still nice. The cake I am hoping for is pretty basic and simple flavors so maybe that will help if I get to email someone. So far still waiting on a call back.

I'm getting nervous. It's getting closer to the time to call for my son's birthday cake (Chef Mickey's) and I've been stressed lately. I don't know if I'll do well if they push back or if I have to jump through hoops. I just want a Goofy cake! :( Any advice? I was planning to call Oct. 2-6. (Twenty-seven to 23 days in advance.)

I'm trying to give myself a script to follow. It's best to call the cake hotline and then, if you don't get anyone, try for Private Dining, right? I wish I could just do email. Has no one had any luck with that?

Last edited:
I'm getting nervous. It's getting closer to the time to call for my son's birthday cake (Chef Mickey's) and I've been stressed lately. I don't know if I'll do well if they push back or if I have to jump through hoops. I just want a Goofy cake! :( Any advice? I was planning to call Oct. 2-6. (Twenty-seven to 23 days in advance.)

I'm trying to give myself a script to follow. It's best to call the cake hotline and then, if you don't get anyone, try for Private Dining, right? I wish I could just do email. Has no one had any luck with that?

You can email the contemporary, info in first post. They will ask you to call to place order but you can discuss design etc via email first.

You can email the contemporary, info in first post. They will ask you to call to place order but you can discuss design etc via email first.

For some reason, I had it in my head that the email didn't usually get results! If it does, I will gladly use that first! :D It would work better to get that sorted out and be able to call and say: "Referring to that email..." ;)

Oy. Just tried to make our custom order for the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. Followed all the instructions. Called the number listed for Boardwalk bakery/restaurants etc...got a real person right away. YAY! Except she gave me a different number to call....cake hotline. Listened to all the options, got the boardwalk options and was instructed to press one for in room delivery or Flying Fish, press two for any other location........and right back to original message. Thought I must have mis-pressed something, so listened to the whole damn thing again, nope, looped right back again. Listened for a third time and said screw it I'm pressing one, and have left a message.

Here is my question. Every message said minimum 72 hours for a custom cake. We arrive at WDW on Sept 26th. Could I go over to the boardwalk bakery in person and make these arrangements for the 1st?? Anyone have any luck doing this in person?

For some reason, I had it in my head that the email didn't usually get results! If it does, I will gladly use that first! :D It would work better to get that sorted out and be able to call and say: "Referring to that email..." ;)

Totally works, I planned mine using the email for my trip in August. :)

We have had all of our cakes through the Contemporary and always start via email to work out design and pricing. They've been very helpful.

Last edited:
Well we got a call back from the boardwalk and I'm being told the smallest custom cake they do is 10". I was loathe to go with the 8" as it is so much cake, 10 is even worse. We are looking for something pretty simplez and now we are conversing via email (but not with the Baker) so I am going to try to convince them to go smaller.

Well we got a call back from the boardwalk and I'm being told the smallest custom cake they do is 10". I was loathe to go with the 8" as it is so much cake, 10 is even worse. We are looking for something pretty simplez and now we are conversing via email (but not with the Baker) so I am going to try to convince them to go smaller.
My original cake order was thru por and boardwalk and I was told they can do a custom cake at 8" so whoever told you 10 is the smallest is mistaken...though i wasnalso told by this person that contemporary resort doesnt make custom cakes and they do.

If I were you I would call guest services and voice your concern regarding all this misinformation. I truly cant imagine having to do all this without the help from disboards, disneybabble, and touringplans.

I would definitely try again and see if you can reach someone different. While I have heard a lot of reports of 8 inch as a minimum in various locations, I've never heard of them requiring 10 inches. Unless it's something specific to the design you are looking to have made?

I got an 8 inch custom cake from Boardwalk delivered to our room on 8/30. They do them.

Hi! I wanted to share the cake we ordered from Pat at GF to be delivered to Ohana.

We got a 6 inch cake with yellow cake and strawberry mousse filling. Absolutely delicious! We asked for a 2d standup image with multiple princesses on a lavender cake with cream flowers and white lace-like details. We were quoted $55 and charged $55 approximately two days after speaking with Pat and confirming our cake. Our daughter loved it!

6A1C8C6F-039C-4751-A412-CAC0FB9FA9B0.jpeg

2CCB12F5-F3F8-4453-A3F0-EFE52C9F18C0.jpeg

Last edited:
I got an 8 inch custom cake from Boardwalk delivered to our room on 8/30. They do them.
I'm starting to think she thought I was talking about the screen print. I clarified with her today and sent her the pic from a couple pages back of all the princess themed mini cakes. I would love to go that route. She said great idea and she would pass along the image to the Baker and get back to me. Fingers crossed!!

I have seen a few cakes made by the GF bakery but was wondering if anyone has had luck ordering a moana themed cake from the contemporary bakery? Will I have a hard time getting them to make one similar to what the gf bakery made? Tia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!