Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I just got my custom cake order put in at Contemporary for a Stitch Themed cake and that is polynesian style. I attached a sample. I am going to add a Stitch figurine as a topper. So i think a Moana cake would be possible. Call this number and you should be able to get some answers... 407-824-2955. I have been in contact with them thru this number and email... wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com

And they confirmed that they can do a 6 inch custom cake with the design I wanted. Good luck! :-)
I love the stitch cake. Will want to do something similar for DD graduation. How much was it?

Reading through this thread tonight. I do not understand why this has to be so complicated or so all over the place. Some cakes that are magnificent are $50. Then someone quoted more then double that for less. Some told mousse fillings and extravagant decorations and some sound like they are ordering from grocery store.

It's been like this for years. Lol.

true Kim, for what I got I expected 35 (with the chocolate piece from a pic and cake above, but then some ppl get quoted 50+ that's why at this time we have decided to just get the one. But I could only get a 4 or 5 inch (have to look back) and was told couldn't do two layers for the light up castle, but then I see other cakes two layers with the castle on (oi so complicated)

We were five. However, the cake lasted about three days. I'd you would get fifteen to twenty pieces out of it, easily.

I need cake for 40 so two of these would do? Also - what bakery did you order from?

Wonder if they could do one Mickey and one Minnie

Not a bakery. My cake was made by in in park event pastry team. I think though if you sent in the picture, any of the bakeries could replicate. I'd go for three cakes, but I've always been known to over cater.

I called GF 2 days ago and left a message with Pat. How long did you have to wait for a call back?

2-3 days is pretty normal. The Contemporary's private dining called me back Tuesday morning when I left a message the prior Friday morning. They said it depends on what they are working on and they return their calls all at the same time or something along those lines.

I need help from the cake pros!

I called (407) WDW-DINE last night to add my son’s birthday celebration to our dining reservations. The representative asked me if I’d like to have a celebration cake delivered at one of the restaurants. I told her sure, why not?! For her to add it to our Garden Grille breakfast since I can’t have it delivered to Via Napoli during our dinner. She said I most certainly CAN have it delivered at Via Napoli!

I told her that on the Disney website it states that “celebration cakes can only be delivered to certain restaurants.” I told her Via Napoli is not a Disney Restaurant. She assured me it could be delivered and even had the option to add it within my reservation. A window popped up for her and she asked me which flavor and it showed her the picture of the Mickey ear celebration cake. She informed me if it was not available at the restaurant then she wouldn’t have the pop up window in the reservation.

Still, I’ve never heard of anyone here having one delivered to Via Napoli. I hate not knowing 100% if we’ll receive it or not. It’s his actual birthday. I’m wondering if I should just play it safe and have it delivered for breakfast at garden grille? Although, this representative was convinced Via Napoli serves the cakes.

Anyone seen a celebration cake at Via Napoli lately?

Please let me know how this plays out because I would love to have a celebration cake at Via Napoli!

We just got back from an amazing 6 day trip. I ordered my son’s 6th birthday cake through Pat at the GF to be delivered to O’hana for dinner. She quoted me $53 I was charged $55. She had not seen Big Hero 6 before but it turned out pretty amazing. My son loved his cake!!!

It’s red buttercream, chocolate cake on the inside with vanilla icing in between. The images on top are all edible chocolate pieces.

Attachments

• 58BB25C0-3D00-46CD-832B-DB1B5B5F5997.jpeg
    58BB25C0-3D00-46CD-832B-DB1B5B5F5997.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 76C9F3F6-3A79-458A-A811-5E74AC10C9C6.jpeg
    76C9F3F6-3A79-458A-A811-5E74AC10C9C6.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 382
  • D301E913-652D-4D44-96EC-1F372FC2FF7A.jpeg
    D301E913-652D-4D44-96EC-1F372FC2FF7A.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 365
Emailed today about a split cake for DH and DS birthday. Does anyone know if they can do PawPatrol? I know it is a Disney franchise but understand that copy right can be weird. Also, any word this year on Marvel and copyright? Our cakes last year were spectacular but way tooooooo mucccchhhh cake ordering 2 separate cakes. Hoping they can accommodate!

Quick question. Does anyone ever get a person when they call the hotline and select their resort? We are trying to order a cake for our trip and the first time my sister got transferred around to 5 different people and ultimately gave up. I called and left a message but have yet to hear back.

It is extremely rare to get through to an actual person when calling the Cake Hotline. Your best bet (if the resort is a Deluxe) is to call the main number for the resort and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Otherwise, there are lots of direct numbers in Post #2 of this thread.

Ok thanks. We are staying at the BC and my sister was talking to the Boardwalk bakery and they said had to talk to cake hotline. But she never wound up talking to the right person. And when I called I didn't find an option to have it delivered to the room so I selected Cape May Cafe which is at the BC. Hopefully I hear back soon.

It is extremely rare to get through to an actual person when calling the Cake Hotline. Your best bet (if the resort is a Deluxe) is to call the main number for the resort and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Otherwise, there are lots of direct numbers in Post #2 of this thread.

Ok thanks. We are staying at the BC and my sister was talking to the Boardwalk bakery and they said had to talk to cake hotline. But she never wound up talking to the right person. And when I called I didn't find an option to have it delivered to the room so I selected Cape May Cafe which is at the BC. Hopefully I hear back soon.

The Yacht & Beach Club Resort has its own pastry team—BoardWalk Bakery does not deliver cakes there. The direct number to call to order a cake there is listed in Post 2 of this thread: 407-934-3105

Thanks! I thought this was one of the numbers we tried but I'll give it another shot..thanks again!

The Yacht & Beach Club Resort has its own pastry team—BoardWalk Bakery does not deliver cakes there. The direct number to call to order a cake there is listed in Post 2 of this thread: 407-934-3105

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!