Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Oh this is overwhelming! I want a cute cake for my son's 5th birthday. We will be at MK that day, not sure where for dinner that night but what's the cutest most Disney option? Price isn't a priority, good pictures and a happy boy are. ;)
I would say Be Our Guest would be my choice for a 5 yo boy’s birthday. All MK restaurants have themed specialty desserts available to order (or I think the Mickey dome cakes) you cannot order a custom cake to any MK restaurant anymore. The BOG specialty dessert is a trio of cupcakes so it is still birthdayish. If you were willing to leave the park to get a custom cake I might suggest Ohana for dinner with a custom cake.

Also a follow up question if at Yacht Club they will deliver it to your room correct? And do you need to be in the room when they do?

Yes, they deliver. You don’t have to be in the room.

Can I get a cake from boardwalk bakery and bring it to Via Napoli? I know VN has their own cakes per the 1st page but my DD9 wants a dolphin cake and it doesn't sound like VN does decorated cakes.

Yes.

Can someone tell me if The Crystal Palace has an option to get a birthday cake during breakfast?

All the Magic Kingdom restaurants stopped delivering cakes last year. Now they have a different specialty dessert available at each restaurant. There is a link to photos of these in Post #1 or 2 of this thread.

here is another i forgot about when i was editing some pics. . . we are really stuck on these celebration cakes with an added touch to them cause they always come out good. ya they aren't crazy fancy but they are pretty cute for young kids i think.

IMG_6036 by Jim, on Flickr

i think this is the last one have up my sleeve unless we got friend's of ours a cake fro the last trip cause i can't remember. i'm just editing out hat trip now.

jim

Is there any general info for ordering cupcakes at Magic Kingdom? I am looking at ordering one for each of my girls on our arrival night when we have reservations at BOG. I also need to order a second birthday cake for Chef Mickey's but I know who to contact for that one. :) Thanks!

Custom desserts like cakes and cupcakes are no longer available at the Magic Kingdom. Instead, they offer a different specialty dessert at each restaurant. You can see them all HERE.

Yes, they deliver. You don’t have to be in the room.

Yes.

All the Magic Kingdom restaurants stopped delivering cakes last year. Now they have a different specialty dessert available at each restaurant. There is a link to photos of these in Post #1 or 2 of this thread.

Hi... Thank you for the reply :) I just want to confirm that the podium cake is available during breakfast? Thank you!

here is another i forgot about when i was editing some pics. . . we are really stuck on these celebration cakes with an added touch to them cause they always come out good. ya they aren't crazy fancy but they are pretty cute for young kids i think.

IMG_6036 by Jim, on Flickr

i think this is the last one have up my sleeve unless we got friend's of ours a cake fro the last trip cause i can't remember. i'm just editing out hat trip now.

jim

Jim, these celebration cakes look perfect for us! Something special, but not totally customized. Do you order these from the same numbers on post 2? Do you know if you can pick one up from Boardwalk bakery? Thanks so much!

Jim, these celebration cakes look perfect for us! Something special, but not totally customized. Do you order these from the same numbers on post 2? Do you know if you can pick one up from Boardwalk bakery? Thanks so much!
i order them from the same place if i ordered a more fancy one. example. . . if wanted it for yatchsman steakhouse i would call the beach club bakery. for jiko. . . animal kingdom lodge bakery. i use the direct numbers always.

i don't know know if you can walk into the boardwalk bakery and walk out with one? you might have to preorder it cause of the cutout. i always call the bakery before the trip for the place we want it at.

jim

We are staying at AKL for our son's 5th birthday. We are really celebrating his day around Blizzard Beach and pirates. Who would I call to do a pirate cake or a beach theme cake? I really would love a pirate cake.
Thank you so much!

I need some help, I'd like to have a cake delivered to either our room or Via Napoli (most likely our room as we'll be stuffed from pizza) for my wife's 30th birthday.

We are trying to not gain too much weight on the trip so I think just a mini cake will be more than plenty for my wife, my daughter (3), and myself - the plain celebration cake just seems a little too plain so I'd like something nicer. Her favorite princess is Belle, does anyone have any advice or tips for going about this?

I was thinking something simple like this- in all of your experiences would something like this be do-able, and reasonably (relative) priced?

72730e103c906d65c105b1bf6b3e4f30--princess-belle-princess-party.jpg

I need some help, I'd like to have a cake delivered to either our room or Via Napoli (most likely our room as we'll be stuffed from pizza) for my wife's 30th birthday.

We are trying to not gain too much weight on the trip so I think just a mini cake will be more than plenty for my wife, my daughter (3), and myself - the plain celebration cake just seems a little too plain so I'd like something nicer. Her favorite princess is Belle, does anyone have any advice or tips for going about this?

I was thinking something simple like this- in all of your experiences would something like this be do-able, and reasonably (relative) priced?

72730e103c906d65c105b1bf6b3e4f30--princess-belle-princess-party.jpg
Page 42 of this thread has a recent example of a Belle theme mini cake

We are staying at AKL for our son's 5th birthday. We are really celebrating his day around Blizzard Beach and pirates. Who would I call to do a pirate cake or a beach theme cake? I really would love a pirate cake.
Thank you so much!

Post #2 lists the phone numbers for each resort. Call the resort where you are staying if you want the cake delivered to your room.

It depends on where you are staying. Different pastry teams have different capabilities. Which resort will you be at?

Post #2 lists the phone numbers for each resort. Call the resort where you are staying if you want the cake delivered to your room.

It depends on where you are staying. Different pastry teams have different capabilities. Which resort will you be at?

We'll be at Contemporary - Garden Wing

Page 42 of this thread has a recent example of a Belle theme mini cake

Thank you - something like this would be perfect, small, simple, but looks great and has a true disney feel.

Just need some clarification, If I am looking to order a two tier custom cake to be delivered to boulder ridge villas, the bottom tier needs to at least be 10 inches wide? Is this only for fondant or buttercream as well?

Just need some clarification, If I am looking to order a two tier custom cake to be delivered to boulder ridge villas, the bottom tier needs to at least be 10 inches wide? Is this only for fondant or buttercream as well?

I would ask the pastry team at the Contemporary (who would make the cake)—they are pretty flexible. They once made me a "maxi mini" cake that was a 3-inch tier on top of a 5-inch tier, so they may be able to do something similar for you if the standard 6-inch atop a 10-inch is too big.

Has anyone had a custom cake delivered to the Spirit of Aloha luau?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter