Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I've had to change my dining plans but I want all my cakes to come from the contemporary. I'm ordering 2 six inch and one 10 inch cake. If I pick up the 10 inch cake on a Tuesday do you think it will still be fresh on Thursday? And do you think I can fit it in a studio fridge with a six inch in there.

@roysbrew One 6-inch cake barely fits in the mini fridge, and you may have to take it out of the box. For the 10-inch you'd need to store it in Bell Services' fridge, unless you get one that doesn't really require refrigeration (all buttercream, no mousse fillings or whipped cream). It won't be fresh on Thursday but it shouldn't be too stale either. It kinda depends on your tolerance...

@roysbrew One 6-inch cake barely fits in the mini fridge, and you may have to take it out of the box. For the 10-inch you'd need to store it in Bell Services' fridge, unless you get one that doesn't really require refrigeration (all buttercream, no mousse fillings or whipped cream). It won't be fresh on Thursday but it shouldn't be too stale either. It kinda depends on your tolerance...

Thanks for your advice. Its an all buttercream chocolate/ peanut butter and ganache per your recommendation I believe. DD arrives late on the 15th which is her 16th birthday. She doesn't want the cake at Ohana on the 17th. She wants it from the contemporary and we're staying at Kindani. Switched dining today to CM on the 13th and don't want to leave MK on the 15th to eat at CM twice with my other kids just to pick up her cake (with my luck I'd drop it). We are arriving on the 13th and not doing parks so getting the cake at CM on the 13th makes the most sense.

We ordered the same type of 10 inch in 2015 and ate it for a few days but kept it in a big fridge in our 2 bdrm at BLT. No one complained so I think uncut it should be fine. The hard part will be not cutting into it for two whole days! We'll have the 6 inches to keep us satisfied!

We got the white chocolate Mickey celebration cake today. It was ok. Tasted better than I thought it would. DGD hated it but it was a texture thing not a flavor thing. She doesn't like creamy and these cakes are very creamy. It's quite cute though

We got the white chocolate Mickey celebration cake today. It was ok. Tasted better than I thought it would. DGD hated it but it was a texture thing not a flavor thing. She doesn't like creamy and these cakes are very creamy. It's quite cute though
MMMMMM, sounds good!

We ordered a celebration cake and had it delivered to our room at the Grand Floridian. It was cute and tastes like chocolate mousse. The ears are actually incredibly delicious! I really wanted a mini cake and will be going in that direction next time. The total cost was just under $48

Attachments

• 25C6C029-9EAC-4735-BE90-CB69DEEC6705.jpeg
    25C6C029-9EAC-4735-BE90-CB69DEEC6705.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 108
Back with a pic of DGD's cake.
Ordered from Pat at GF, delivered to Tea at Grand Flordian.
She nailed everything I wanted and it was delicious.
Vanilla cake, vanilla icing with white chocolate mouse filling
Cost was $120
The flowers are all royal icing flowers (I think that's the right name for them, they aren't artificial flowers, they are "dessert flowers"
I thought I got another photo of the other side to get all the flowers but evidently I did not.

IMG_2532.jpg
6f59144b-a1d2-4324-964a-b9aa57ee0342.jpg

Unfortunately, Tink suffered a horrible tragedy.
The entire top lifted off the cake and DH "killed" Tink when he tried to take it off and is now known as Tink Killer!
No one was upset with him, it was a fun story to tell
29062896_10204631041971646_1205397183101140992_n.jpg

Cost was $120
The flowers are all royal icing flowers (I think that's the right name for them, they aren't artificial flowers, they are "dessert flowers"
I thought I got another photo of the other side to get all the flowers but evidently I did not.

IMG_2532.jpg

The entire top lifted off the cake and DH "killed" Tink when he tried to take it off and is now known as Tink Killer!
I'm kinda surprised that didn't cost more than $120.

Cost was $120

IMG_2532.jpg

Gorgeous!!

We are staying a Copper Creek in May (25-28). I would like a chewbacca themed mini cake delivered to our room on our arrival day since that is my sons actual birthday. We check in around 830am and wont be back from MK until after the fireworks so I am assuming they can deliver it while we are gone. I have the phone number to call but what bakery is it coming from? and should I order now? I was going to wait until May but I have seen some people ordering early.

We are staying a Copper Creek in May (25-28). I would like a chewbacca themed mini cake delivered to our room on our arrival day since that is my sons actual birthday. We check in around 830am and wont be back from MK until after the fireworks so I am assuming they can deliver it while we are gone. I have the phone number to call but what bakery is it coming from? and should I order now? I was going to wait until May but I have seen some people ordering early.

Fancy and mini cakes for Wilderness Lodge come from the Contemporary. They can deliver it while you are not in the room. If you call now, definitely call back a week or so before your trip to reconfirm the order. And I sometimes call again a couple days before, just cuz of the number of lost cakes I've seen on the DIS over the years...

Fancy and mini cakes for Wilderness Lodge come from the Contemporary. They can deliver it while you are not in the room. If you call now, definitely call back a week or so before your trip to reconfirm the order. And I sometimes call again a couple days before, just cuz of the number of lost cakes I've seen on the DIS over the years...
Thank you so much!

Can I pay for the cake ahead of time? Or, will the cost of the cake be added to my restaurant bill? I really want to pay for the cakes ahead of time.

Can I pay for the cake ahead of time? Or, will the cost of the cake be added to my restaurant bill? I really want to pay for the cakes ahead of time.
At the GF, ours was added to the bill at the restaurant. When we had one at CR it was also. The Mickey celebration cake at Mama Melrose (at HS) was too
As I understand it, at the Poly restaurants they do it different and you pay separately but not sure if you do it in advance, I believe you do

At the GF, ours was added to the bill at the restaurant. When we had one at CR it was also. The Mickey celebration cake at Mama Melrose (at HS) was too
As I understand it, at the Poly restaurants they do it different and you pay separately but not sure if you do it in advance, I believe you do
We paid at the time of order for our October cake to be delivered at Poly.

A fellow Disney bride gave me permission to post this fun cake she got for her parents' anniversary. We don't see a lot of cakes made by the Yacht & Beach Club pastry team, so I thought you'd get a kick out of it!

Where: Yachtsman Steakhouse
When: March 2018
Size: 8 inches
Price: $128 (including $20 for the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie + $5 to paint them with gold accents)
Flavors: Marble cake with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate buttercream under the fondant.

Inspiration:

29261247_10211398899508673_950538123018764288_o_zps4h17yeza.jpg

Result:

29243600_10211398902068737_782087903646842880_o_zpsci4xdzbc.jpg

$172 Custom Cake

Quarter Sheet Cake covered in white fondant with film strip around the sides printed straight from their machine (as opposed to cut out fondant work). Small film reel on top (which broke before I could get a picture ). Vanilla cake with custard filling with fresh strawberries. $157 for cake plus $15 gold accented miniature Mickey statue.

This came to our event in the Napa Room at the Contemporary so I assume the Contemporary bakery made it.

It was cute, but to be honest, I had higher hopes for the cake for what we paid. They were supposed to put the filmstrip around all the sides and it came like this...

Oh wow, I would have felt sooo disappointed as well. I am sorry your cake did not turn out how you had hoped.

A fellow Disney bride gave me permission to post this fun cake she got for her parents' anniversary. We don't see a lot of cakes made by the Yacht & Beach Club pastry team, so I thought you'd get a kick out of it!

Where: Yachtsman Steakhouse
When: March 2018
Size: 8 inches
Price: $128 (including $20 for the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie + $5 to paint them with gold accents)
Flavors: Marble cake with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate buttercream under the fondant.

Inspiration:

29261247_10211398899508673_950538123018764288_o_zps4h17yeza.jpg

Result:

29243600_10211398902068737_782087903646842880_o_zpsci4xdzbc.jpg

This is a goegeous cake! Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts